Need help deciding for LC46D64U - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-16-2008, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone,

I've been a long time reader and finally signed up. I've read a lot of both of the official LC46D64U threads for information about gaming. I will literally only be using this LCD for my Xbox 360, and to hookup and game on my PC. I've put a lot of research and hope that the "banding" issue won't be a problem for the newer unit here. For the Xbox 360 and PC I will be using a HDMI cable, my video card (Radeon 4870) has a HDMI out.

I can get a great deal at FS and get it for a couple hundred less. I have a couple questions that I would love answered.

1) How often are the cases of banding for this unit? Will it be terribly noticeable, I will be using this LCD in my room.

2) For the money, $1199 (keep in mind I will be getting a bit cheaper), is this LCD worth it? It looks beautiful in store, yet I know they are pumped up to look better.

3) In the same price range what other LCD's could you suggest? I need 1080P for my computer.

4) Are there any "ghosting" affects on this LCD? I couldn't see anything and we watched a few movies at the store.

Thanks in advance guys, I will be purchasing this after Christmas on Boxing Day. Hoping to get a quick response!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-19-2008, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter

Bump
post #3 of 4 Old 12-20-2008, 07:37 AM

I've got the same TV, and it's incredible for gaming, especially since it's a 4ms panel! No ghosting, no pixelation, great TV!! I have 3 Sharps, no banding whatsoever on any of them. BTW, you can pick that tv up for less then $1000 if you search!
post #4 of 4 Old 12-20-2008, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Hey,

Thanks for the response! Well I know a manager and will be getting a considerable deal for it, any other information you could supply would be great! I will be getting it on Monday, very excited now!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page