2009 Vizio XVT Series: 240Hz, USB input, LED backlight [NO PRICE TALK] - Page 13 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 11  12  13 14  15  ... Last
LCD Flat Panel Displays > 2009 Vizio XVT Series: 240Hz, USB input, LED backlight [NO PRICE TALK]
Lindseybp's Avatar Lindseybp 08:35 AM 03-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34dl1n3r View Post

Although we already knew most of these, here's the email I received today from Vizio with a few questions answered... although she mistook input lag for response time.

Please see below:

1 - What is the release date?

End of July 2009

2 - What will the MSRP be?

Unofficial price is $1999.99

3 - Is there a "Game Mode" on the set?

No there is not

4 - If there is (or is not) a "Game Mode", what
effect will the 240Hz technology have on the gaming lag
widely known to be an issue with LCD televisions?

Since this unit is 240 HZ this unit is adequate for gaming. The response
time on these units are 5 milliseconds vs previous models of 8ms causing
a lag.

5 - Has Vizio done any specific input lag testing with the
PS3 or XBox360 game systems & if so are there any
Numbers you could provide?

No we have not.

Wow, I'm impressed Vizio actually responded. A lot better than other manufacturers would do.

d34dl1n3r's Avatar d34dl1n3r 08:46 AM 03-28-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindseybp View Post

Wow, I'm impressed Vizio actually responded. A lot better than other manufacturers would do.

I originally emailed tech-support & they replied telling me to contact their sales department. So actually I got 2 replies within 4 days.
weggemana's Avatar weggemana 04:07 PM 03-28-2009
I would just like to say thank you to all the people who have posted helpful information on Vizo's new television. I can't wait for this tv to come on the market, I have been waiting a long time for the tv to come out. Although this will be a little more money then I was expecting to spend, it will be a smart, excitable buy. Thanks again to everyone who has commented, you have help more then you know.
OnlookerDelay's Avatar OnlookerDelay 03:30 PM 03-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyo View Post

And what makes you think all that huffing and puffing is not the reason the new Vizio will have a black speakerbar ????
Davyo

I'm with you on this score Davyo... I think the huffing and puffing had a bearing on the decision to go with a black speakerbar! It's the next best thing to having a detachable speaker bar, IMO!
trodos's Avatar trodos 04:13 PM 03-29-2009
Was wondering if any one knew whether the VF551XVT will have a USB port to play MPGs video files as well as other media file formats (e.g. AVI, WMV, etc.) I believe the VF550XVT has a USB port but just for firmware updates.

Thanks
sethk's Avatar sethk 10:20 PM 03-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindseybp View Post

These answers make no sense. The 5ms is the pixel response time, not the input lag. The input lag will be at least 32ms+ range in the fastest mode, guaranteed. All the > 60hz modes need to compare consecutive frames, and I have yet to see a single model that registers less than 48ms (i.e. 3 frames of the 60hz input) of lag in 120hz mode, and 240hz mode will be no different.
lipcrkr's Avatar lipcrkr 11:08 PM 03-29-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by trodos View Post

Was wondering if any one knew whether the VF551XVT will have a USB port to play MPGs video files as well as other media file formats (e.g. AVI, WMV, etc.) I believe the VF550XVT has a USB port but just for firmware updates.

Thanks

One omission from the list of pots is any USB ports for connecting digital cameras or hard drives to play media from; the VF551XVT does not include this sort of functionality. This is somewhat surprising since the VF551XVT comes with a USB jump drive. This will change: Vizio has recently announced a new sytem called Connected HDTV, where compatiable models will be able to access Internet content and run Widgets over a built-in wireless connection. But this is not available on this model, and models that include it won't be released until the fall.

No big deal for me since i will be using it as an HTPC via HDMI.
Jim Noyd's Avatar Jim Noyd 08:08 AM 03-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by lipcrkr View Post

One omission from the list of pots is any USB ports for connecting digital cameras or hard drives to play media from; the VF551XVT does not include this sort of functionality. This is somewhat surprising since the VF551XVT comes with a USB jump drive. This will change: Vizio has recently announced a new sytem called Connected HDTV, where compatiable models will be able to access Internet content and run Widgets over a built-in wireless connection. But this is not available on this model, and models that include it won't be released until the fall.

No big deal for me since i will be using it as an HTPC via HDMI.

The VF551XVT will have media input through USB to play MPEG-2, H.264 & WMV9 Video, JPEG Photos and MP3 Music from Thumb Drive or FAT32 Hard Drive.
d34dl1n3r's Avatar d34dl1n3r 11:42 AM 03-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethk View Post

These answers make no sense. The 5ms is the pixel response time, not the input lag.

That was clearly noted in the op.
MKL's Avatar MKL 12:13 PM 03-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethk View Post

These answers make no sense. The 5ms is the pixel response time, not the input lag. The input lag will be at least 32ms+ range in the fastest mode, guaranteed. All the > 60hz modes need to compare consecutive frames, and I have yet to see a single model that registers less than 48ms (i.e. 3 frames of the 60hz input) of lag in 120hz mode, and 240hz mode will be no different.

Correct. The TV needs to compare consecutive frames for the motion interpolation to respond correctly. I wonder if turning off the "Smooth motion" engine will help the lag though.

Personally I'm so bad at FPS anyways the 50ms doesn't matter
lipcrkr's Avatar lipcrkr 01:58 PM 03-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Noyd View Post

The VF551XVT will have media input through USB to play MPEG-2, H.264 & WMV9 Video, JPEG Photos and MP3 Music from Thumb Drive or FAT32 Hard Drive.

So Vizio has updated since CES? The demo at CES apparently wasn't the final build because the info released was different.
lipcrkr's Avatar lipcrkr 02:22 PM 03-30-2009
CNET has finally reviewed the current Vizio 550 CCFL series. This is relevant to those of us waiting for the new 551 LED sets. It was a mixed review. The 2 main gripes were the light black levels and the subpar video processing.
The good news is the new model coming addresses those 2issues. The LD LED backlight will make for deeper blacks (this was witnessed at CES during The Dark Knight. The video processor has also been upgraded (smooth motion 2), so this should be an improvement on the current smooth motion processor.
The 550 passed all the interlaced tests, they liked the colors and vast array of features.
But like i said, the 2 main issues, the light blacks, will be considerably deeper due to local dimming in which the pixels turn off, and the video processor has been completely overhauled, it's entirely new.
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...html?tag=rtcol
cosmo234's Avatar cosmo234 03:16 PM 03-30-2009
I am so getting one , but I wish it was comming out sooner .

Is it still scheduled for release in June ?
orangegrower's Avatar orangegrower 03:54 PM 03-30-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo234 View Post

I am so getting one , but I wish it was comming out sooner .

Is it still scheduled for release in June ?

The latest word was end of July 2009.
Kromo50's Avatar Kromo50 08:51 PM 03-30-2009
So is it end of June or July? Some sites have it both dates. I called Vizio to ask and they said they have no idea.
lipcrkr's Avatar lipcrkr 12:42 AM 03-31-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromo50 View Post

So is it end of June or July? Some sites have it both dates. I called Vizio to ask and they said they have no idea.

Let's compromise.....they'll be out the second week of July.
orangegrower's Avatar orangegrower 09:11 AM 03-31-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromo50 View Post

If you read post #357 there are some quotes from an email from Vizio that states end of July.
weggemana's Avatar weggemana 10:30 AM 03-31-2009
I am going to wait for this TV. I just hope that it is not a disappointment.
Lindseybp's Avatar Lindseybp 11:00 AM 03-31-2009
I am considering waiting for this tv also....even if I don't go with this tv I think it will still help drive prices down for competing models. Fingers crossed Vizio nails it though.
bmwracer's Avatar bmwracer 12:00 PM 03-31-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay View Post

I'm with you on this score Davyo... I think the huffing and puffing had a bearing on the decision to go with a black speakerbar! It's the next best thing to having a detachable speaker bar, IMO!

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
Shaner1's Avatar Shaner1 12:41 PM 03-31-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by weggemana View Post

I am going to wait for this TV. I just hope that it is not a disappointment.

Same here, I keep wondering if I should just buy the current model. I don't expect to see the TV in my area until at least August, the current model wasn't around here until Feb 09 when others were seeing it before then.

I'm going to wait but hopefully I'm not disappointed, and if I am I hope that the current model is still available.
orangegrower's Avatar orangegrower 01:15 PM 03-31-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaner1 View Post

Same here, I keep wondering if I should just buy the current model. I don't expect to see the TV in my area until at least August, the current model wasn't around here until Feb 09 when others were seeing it before then.

I'm going to wait but hopefully I'm not disappointed, and if I am I hope that the current model is still available.

Perfect!! Just in time for football season.

I can't see this new model not being a big improvement over the old. I'm also waiting.
weggemana's Avatar weggemana 02:45 PM 03-31-2009
I was at Costco this past weekend and they had the current model there, the 550. I was not very impressed with the picture quality, it could have been what they had playing on it. I am hoping that the 551 is a completely different tv, as far as picture quality, which it sounds like it will be. I don't even think that the tvs will even be comparable, or at least I hope not.
bartonjm's Avatar bartonjm 04:22 PM 03-31-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by weggemana View Post

I was at Costco this past weekend and they had the current model there, the 550. I was not very impressed with the picture quality, it could have been what they had playing on it. I am hoping that the 551 is a completely different tv, as far as picture quality, which it sounds like it will be. I don't even think that the tvs will even be comparable, or at least I hope not.

Well...they're definitely different TVs . One is ccfl backlit while the other is led backlit...I honestly didn't think the picture was that bad on the 550....just the blacks..
uncola's Avatar uncola 05:45 PM 03-31-2009
Anyone know if these XVT sets or the other 2009 vizio 120hz cheaper sets will do proper 5:5 pulldown for 24hz blueray playback?
motogp's Avatar motogp 06:03 PM 03-31-2009
im go out on a limb, and say this tv will crush all models at its price range.
weggemana's Avatar weggemana 09:12 PM 03-31-2009
I hope you are right. I will be buying one soon after they come out if that is the case. I would like to support Vizio as a company over Samsung or Sony. Vizio just seems to care more about their consumers. Has anyone had any bad experiences?
playboy74123's Avatar playboy74123 09:34 PM 03-31-2009
Any more news about the connected tvs coming out in the fall?
starwait's Avatar starwait 10:43 PM 03-31-2009
It sounds like the 551 won't be connected which is too bad. I really want to get a tv that can connect so I can watch youtube, netflix etc..but don't think I want to wait til fall.
lipcrkr's Avatar lipcrkr 04:25 AM 04-01-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by motogp View Post

im go out on a limb, and say this tv will crush all models at its price range.

As long as it doesn't crush blacks we'll be fine.
First ... 11  12  13 14  15  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop