Originally Posted by westa6969
I'll post my feelings on Panasonic Plasma and they are not good! Panny fanboys hate this but this is an LCD Thread.
Here's what I see as negatives having owned a Panny Plasma for one week:
The Panny Plasma has it's STRONG deficiencies:
- Dirty Yellow Gray WHITES - in fact no true white! Urinated on Whites! Carribean Ocean Wake and Ski Slopes are bright nearly blinding white and requiring sun glasses/goggles - they are not gray or yellow white - been to the real deal and they are WHITE!
- Daytime Washout - Glare! If you have daytime SUN forget any dark video games or movies. Try poppng in FEAR and playing it during daytime or similar dark gaming and movies.
- Reflective panel 24/7 to shave in and inventory the contents of your room.
- Dull and Dim compared to a quality LCD.
- No Shadow Details in those BLACKS. CR is measured Black to White and back again not Yellow. White provides contrast to the entire color spectrum - look around you as you go through your day how it's used - your trim is most often painted WHITE.
- Cartoonish Greens and periodic green tint and fringe around objects and trails.
- My Sharp has the best flesh tones of any panel I've owned - Panny plasma has that tint on it's glass that gives it the false illusion of deeper blacks which leads to those gray and yellowish dirty whites.
- Blurry inferior SD
- You can go to sleep every night viewing LCD and not worry about IR/TIR or Burn-in period and no assinine break-in period.
- Mine had ZERO WoW factor even at 50" vs. the SXRD I had previous to it and my current 57" Sharp.
If all this means nothing to you and you find yourself in favor of plasma then go for it when pulling out your wallet - don't follow the herd when that time comes - always trust your own eyes to the panel that says BUY ME after considering our input and pony up the bucks to the one that says Buy Me since your eyes most likely will be married to it's PQ performance for many years to come.
Are you crazy? Seriously. I can give an honest opinion since I own both technologies, was a HUGE fan of LCD's, I own a Panasonic 58" 850U plasma, and have a Samsung LCD in my bedroom. I buy TV's once a year.
I just sold my XBR5 (Fantastic TV) and bought a Panny plasma. I hated Plasma technology, but I thought I'd give it a chance. You know what? Picture is simply incredible. Crisp, Razor sharp. There is no TV except the Kuro that comes close to the Panny. Not a fanboy, I'm just being honest. Plasma's have a 3D look to them that I have NOT seen on any LCD. (trust me I spent hours in stores playing Blu Ray movies on every single TV) I was not impressed with the Sammy 950 and the Sony XBR8 is NOT worth it's current price. Even the recent reviews gave the notch to the Panny over both the 950 and the XBR8, and those TV's are much newer and double/triple the price. Panasonic always gets a fantasic reviews
NOt sure what Panny plasma your looking at, but I can promise you this. YOUR POST IS FULL OF LIES.
My Panny is EXTREMELY bright. (I was actually shocked how bright the TV is). It is in a VERY well lit room. I have to turn down the brightness more than half.
Whites look fantastic.
We own a Wii, PS3 and an XBOX 360, ZERO BURN IN, ZERO IR.
Black are incredible.
Look you have to make up your mind. Both technologies are great. I was just completely shocked how amazing my Panny looks. I honestly re-watched all my Blu Ray movies and I'm still blown away. I would of bought the Kuro, but I just wasn't sure I'd like the technology. I was very stubborn and never ever thought in a million years I'd buy a plasma. Next year, I'm buying the Kuro.
And I'm not sure where you will find a 58" LCD for under 2800.00
Which ever technology you decide, just enjoy your TV. That's all that matters.