Official Sharp Aquos LC-42D85U/46D85U/52D85U 120Hz Owner's Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 296 Old 01-05-2010, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone know the difference between the LC-46D85U and the LC-46D85UN? Just curious.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 296 Old 01-05-2010, 09:09 AM

I've got the 52d85u. what is banding? I personally think my picture looks great. How will I noticed if I have a banding problem?
post #273 of 296 Old 01-06-2010, 12:36 PM

For those of you having trouble updating your firmware you probably have a firmware number that starts with a T. The file posted on the Sharpusa website will only update TV's with a firmware starting with an S.

I order to check your firmware number, switch your input to TV. Press Menu -> Digital Setup-> Identification

If your firmware starts with a T you must download an alternate firmware.

Search for the firmware for the LC-52SB57UN. Under this TV you will find a firmware that updates firmwares starting with a T. You will also notice the D85UN is supported.
Download this firmware, unzip, and update your TV.

I just updated my LC46D85UN and so far everything works great. I no longer seem to be getting popping sounds from my HDMI. I think Sharp forgot to include this firmware under the support files for the LC46D85UN.
post #274 of 296 Old 01-12-2010, 09:53 AM

Update;
The popping sound issue is still there. I believe it is a HDMI cable problem as noted earlier in this thread. I'll try out some higher quality HDMI 1.3a high speed cables and report on my observations in the next few days.
post #275 of 296 Old 01-16-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstevens44 View Post

Anyone know the difference between the LC-46D85U and the LC-46D85UN? Just curious.

Ditto... can someone comment on this?
post #276 of 296 Old 01-16-2010, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone had any experiences calibrating this set with a Spyder?

Going to BB means rubbing elbows w/ the Unwashed Masses

No thanks

Netflix for me!
post #277 of 296 Old 01-18-2010, 10:18 AM

I have to turn both my cable box and my TV volume up at least half way to be able to hear the TV at a normal level. In the upper right corner when the audio setting is displayed it shows "mono", which could explain the low volume issue I'm having. I've tried adjusting the audio settings, but it hasn't helped. Any suggestions? Thanks for you time! Dan
post #278 of 296 Old 02-03-2010, 06:25 AM

hiya, i have a 42d85u hooked up via hdmi to a hd directv reciever. has any one turned on their set to a loud screeching and the volume way loud even though the setting was low? i turned it off and back on twice and the screech and loud volume were still there. on the third try the volume was back to normal and no screech. any one have any idea or thoughts??
thanks
post #279 of 296 Old 02-03-2010, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by recharge View Post

hiya, i have a 42d85u hooked up via hdmi to a hd directv reciever. has any one turned on their set to a loud screeching and the volume way loud even though the setting was low? i turned it off and back on twice and the screech and loud volume were still there. on the third try the volume was back to normal and no screech. any one have any idea or thoughts??
thanks

have you done any troubleshooting?

Try a different HMDI on the TV see if it happens.

Do you have another DTV box to test on your TV ?
post #280 of 296 Old 02-03-2010, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by recharge View Post

thanks

Could be software glitch in the DirecTV receiver. Do you know if they recently sent down an update to the receiver software? You should be able to go into the receiver setup menu and find the level of software and when it was updated. If so, you could call DirecTV support and report the problem.
post #281 of 296 Old 02-07-2010, 05:37 AM

it's been a few days now and the screeching/loud volume hasn't happened since, although i expect it anytime.. i do have other directv dvr receivers and a cable tv input to test on it if it happens again though. this happened right at the start point when powering up, so maybe the handshake between the hd receiver triggered it...if it were the directv rcvr. to share the entire set up i have monoprice 4x2 matrix switcher/splitter fed like this: hd rcvr 1(active when the event happened), hd dvr 2, computer 3, and hd hdvr 4. the sharp is on output A and i have a panasonic lc-32s1 on output B. I did check the panasonic (output B with input 1) to see if it was the HD rcvr 1 and the audio was fine while the sharp was screeching, i didn't switch to any other inputs to check the audio.
here's another tidbit that happens along the way. i generally power up each set individually but when i turn the sharp off the via remote or side power button the panasonic shuts down too. i tried this in reverse and it doesn't work .. kinda wierd. anyhow i just got an email from sharp to extend my warranty for 1 or 3 years, and being a victim of a dell 3201c that stopped working just out of warranty that can't be repaired resonably i think i'll bite on the sharp offer.
thanks for listening i'll post if it happens again.
post #282 of 296 Old 02-13-2010, 09:08 PM

Hi and thanks for the help !! I just received a Sharp Aquos LC52D85UN from Dell . I ordered a Sharp Aquos LC52D85U , but they shipped the "N " model.... I cannot find the difference between the two. Should I return the " UN " model for the " U " I was supposed to receive, or did I get an upgrade :-)

thanks again !!
post #283 of 296 Old 02-14-2010, 07:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekshow View Post

Hi and thanks for the help !! I just received a Sharp Aquos LC52D85UN from Dell . I ordered a Sharp Aquos LC52D85U , but they shipped the "N " model.... I cannot find the difference between the two. Should I return the " UN " model for the " U " I was supposed to receive, or did I get an upgrade :-)

thanks again !!

is there anything wrong with the TV ?

Mike

JAZZ IS NOT DEAD IT JUST SMELLS FUNNY ; FRANK ZAPPA
post #284 of 296 Old 02-14-2010, 04:27 PM

not that I know of, other than when I play the xbox or ps3 on it , the games BLUR a bit and it bothers me .It does it when the background moves or scrolls. Is this normal or cureable ?
post #285 of 296 Old 02-14-2010, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

not that I know of, other than when I play the xbox or ps3 on it , the games BLUR a bit and it bothers me .It does it when the background moves or scrolls. Is this normal or cureable ?

wouldn't know about that as i don't have a ps3

I think the extra letter is just the newer version

as they did have a banding problem with the very 1st tv's not mine but others did & that was in summer 08 & I got my 2 (46 & 42) in early 09 ......... i love my 2
both are working just fine !

Mike

post #286 of 296 Old 02-15-2010, 07:37 PM

Quote:

What input connection are you using with the TV? I saw a post earlier about the same (or similar) problem with blurry video, and using a different connection type solved the problem. (Moved away from composite video)
post #287 of 296 Old 02-16-2010, 08:03 PM

xbox 360 is composite and ps3 is HDMI cable....360 looks great !! pos3 looks good until you get moving and the background blurs quite a bit. Enough to give you a disoriented feeling . Especially on the platformers ....thanks for any help...I tried GAME mode and turning the FAST ACTION option on and it did not make a bit of difference.Thanks again for any help !!
post #288 of 296 Old 05-13-2010, 08:00 PM

Quick question;

Will the LC-46D85UN pass 5.1 through the optical output when connected via HDMI?
post #289 of 296 Old 05-19-2010, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have had my set for over a year now and I have been getting some lip synch issues that seem to be the worst with the DVR. For a while I thought I could live with it but lately it has been driving me crazy. Unfortuantely I don't have another set that has HDMI to test the DVR to see if it is the issue so what other options do I have? I was going to update the firmware but have seen several threads stating not to unless you know it addresses your problem and Sharps site doesn't list the corrections.
post #290 of 296 Old 05-29-2010, 11:39 PM

Hi,

I've been trying to see if anyone else has complained about this issue... but after several pages of the thread, i feel i should just post my own quiestion..

I am trying to set up the HD antenna... so i plugged the antenna cable into the "cable/antenna" input... i do not receive sound.... i am also prescribed to the rogers digital cable... i tried to input the cable wire directly from the ground to check the plug... there is no sound as well.... it's ok if i go through the digital box and connect w/ the yellow/white/red wires....

is it something about the tv? do u guys get sound if u plug the wire through the antenna/cable input?

thanks
post #291 of 296 Old 06-15-2010, 08:29 AM

Does this TV support 3d?
post #292 of 296 Old 06-15-2010, 09:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil0ne View Post

Does this TV support 3d?

NO ! & that is why with the CCFL back lighting this is a great buy for those who don't want to be test bunnies of the new tech IE; LED's backlit Or sidelit , 3D
I'm sticking with time tested LCD tech in one of best looking displays on the market that has a great PQ

Mike

post #293 of 296 Old 06-25-2010, 06:33 AM

OK, guys, I've had my Sharp for about a year. Not had any trouble til recently. The TV will lose picture and will pop like the power is turned off. Then I will get a message saying "An incompatible video signal has been detected. Please check your output device settings". Then it will go out and the power and opc lights will blink 3 times the pause then blink 3 times etc. I have it connected to a Directv HD receiver with HDMI. I've already had a service guy out once and he replaced 2 of the boards on the set. It worked for a few days and now the problem is back and seems worse. I already replaced the directv with another 1 I had and it still does this. I've got another call into Sharp and am waiting to hear from them about the next step. Anyone else had or heard of this issue?
post #294 of 296 Old 06-25-2010, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 54
I've never heard of anything like that. Does it happen with other devices? Have you tried different ports, or different cables?

post #295 of 296 Old 06-25-2010, 07:13 AM

Yep, tried different hdmi port, new hdmi cable.
post #296 of 296 Old 08-05-2010, 07:13 AM

Hi bassman75068,
I have the same problem, I have had may Sharp 3 months ago and it was fine until last week I started get this problem.
I replaced my TV receiver (videotron), change port, change cable and nothing!
I called and they will send a technician in few days!
To be continued..
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page