Samsung LCD A330 AV Calibration gone wrong - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 02-11-2009, 08:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, I have no one to blame but myself... I did the Mute,1,8,2,Power to get service mode open, hoping to find a way to fix a sound issue I was having. I was clicking through everything, and came across AV Calibration. I didn't realize the right arrow would select it, and pressed it. Bad move. Now I can't receive anything through coax, which is an issue considering I have cable. I've tried running a 8x8 checkerboard and a NTSC test pattern while it calibrates, but to no avail. I'm assuming that if nothing happens after 15 minutes, that's a sign that nothing will happen, right? I fear I may have to fess up to Samsung and pay for a repair, but if you have any suggestions, they are most certainly welcomed. The setup I'm using to get the pattern(s) on the screen is a Wii displaying the images, routed through a VCR to get it to come out through coax. I've verified that the image is in fact being outputted correctly by attaching another TV to set it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-13-2009, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Please guys, I'd rather not have to go to samsung on this one. If anyone can tell me where I could find a service manual for this TV, that would be helpful as well.
post #3 of 8 Old 02-13-2009, 01:04 PM

I'm pretty certain there is a specific thread for this, or at least in an FAQ here on the forums. Jsut do a search.
post #4 of 8 Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
is your tv fixed? if not post, i may have a suggestions for you...it is about selecting the proper tuner type in the service manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by atm153 View Post

Please guys, I'd rather not have to go to samsung on this one. If anyone can tell me where I could find a service manual for this TV, that would be helpful as well.

post #5 of 8 Old 02-24-2009, 09:11 PM - Thread Starter

In fact, I have not fixed it. Your suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
post #6 of 8 Old 02-25-2009, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

dark153 (strange coincidence in handles) had a similar problem but with an LNxx530 but it is worth seeing if you have similar options for the tuner.

the solution involves getting back into the service menu and resetting the tuner type;

caution: since you are going back into the service menu- be very careful.
i
the tuner needs to be switched to SEMCO from ALPS. (no clue what they mean)

see post 719 by dark153 in lnxxa530 thread for the full history. he/she also had accidentally gotten into a tuner problem.

Quote:

In fact, I have not fixed it. Your suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

post #7 of 8 Old 02-25-2009, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much! I now have a fully functional A330, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it, seeing as I already obtained a replacement. This is worsened by the fact that I probably can't return the new Sony. *facepalm* Thanks for reviving my Sammy though!
post #8 of 8 Old 02-25-2009, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

you are welcome...wish i had seen your post earlier. i bought my 330 only 2 days back and that's when i stating looking at the sammy threads.

well there are a few options....people have talked about selling on ebay, upgrade the den/bedroom etc...

enjoy

Quote:

Thank you so much! I now have a fully functional A330, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it, seeing as I already obtained a replacement. This is worsened by the fact that I probably can't return the new Sony. *facepalm* Thanks for reviving my Sammy though!

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page