The Official KDL...XBR9 Thread - Page 98 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #2911 of 2913 Old 06-22-2015, 12:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri4jenn View Post
I just received my replacement TV today and it is a Bravia KDL-55W802A! They had told me I was getting another Bravia KDL-52XBR9 but this one showed up instead. The TV is brand new and came in original packaging. I am pretty happy about getting this new TV and slightly larger with 3D support and LED technology. Go Sony! Plus I have the free extended 2 year warranty on this TV.
How did you get the free extended warranty on this TV for 2 years? I got my TV replaced under the program , but do not remember any document stating the 2 years extended warranty. Was it for everyone in the program ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2912 of 2913 Old 08-01-2015, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Dreaded XBR9 LCD Panel Issue

I need help. My 52 inch XBR9 went out and I was in the hospital when it happened and through the time period that the warrantee ended because I am terminally ill. Anybody have luck with getting Sony to honor the warrantee. They blew me off like I was trying to sell them a bridge in the desert.

I have a history of only buying Sony products since the Walkman came out. This has includes 11 televisions. It also includes a large number of other products including discman, VCRs, DVD players, BluRay players, a camcorder, playstations etc etc etc. If I needed something and Sony made it then I bought a Sony. I even had a Sony cell phone through Sprint back in 1998.

A few years ago I had what most called a "green blob" problem with an XBR2 that was about 5 years old. There was a class action suit on the XBR1 for the same issue but I was told to essentially write it off as it was not a Sony problem. Sony even got very short tempered that I was suggesting it was their issue. They said they settled with some XBR2 owners but that I filed my claim slightly too late. (Model KDSR60XBR2, Serial 9019752, Sony claim reference number e60202433). I threw the television out as it was useless because it needed a new color block.

Well, I just got off the phone with Sony and they said that they issued a recall on my KDL52XBR9 but that the recall ended in March of 2015. They said there is nobody else to talk to on the phone. Aside from this being my second XBR top of the line television to break down too soon, and now the second time I have been given an excuse by Sony as to why they can barely not cover it, I have been in the hospital pretty regularly since October 2014 trying to get life saving procedures for a hereditary issue. Had I not been in the hospital, I may have been able to contact Sony to get the XBR9 fixed 4 months ago when it was covered by the recall.

I explained to Sony I was in the hospital and they said that they can't talk to me on the phone under any circumstances to handle this issue because the department that does handle the issue does not have telephones to call.

I don't have a lot of time to go back and forth with Sony on this and it sure would be nice to have a television to watch occasionally when I am not in the hospital. I hope they figure out how to do the right thing for a loyal customer who has now had two XBR big screen TVs quit working after 5 years. It is a true shame if they do not.
post #2913 of 2913 Old Today, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardSonyFan View Post
I need help. My 52 inch XBR9 went out and I was in the hospital when it happened and through the time period that the warrantee ended because I am terminally ill. Anybody have luck with getting Sony to honor the warrantee. They blew me off like I was trying to sell them a bridge in the desert.

I have a history of only buying Sony products since the Walkman came out. This has includes 11 televisions. It also includes a large number of other products including discman, VCRs, DVD players, BluRay players, a camcorder, playstations etc etc etc. If I needed something and Sony made it then I bought a Sony. I even had a Sony cell phone through Sprint back in 1998.

A few years ago I had what most called a "green blob" problem with an XBR2 that was about 5 years old. There was a class action suit on the XBR1 for the same issue but I was told to essentially write it off as it was not a Sony problem. Sony even got very short tempered that I was suggesting it was their issue. They said they settled with some XBR2 owners but that I filed my claim slightly too late. (Model KDSR60XBR2, Serial 9019752, Sony claim reference number e60202433). I threw the television out as it was useless because it needed a new color block.

Well, I just got off the phone with Sony and they said that they issued a recall on my KDL52XBR9 but that the recall ended in March of 2015. They said there is nobody else to talk to on the phone. Aside from this being my second XBR top of the line television to break down too soon, and now the second time I have been given an excuse by Sony as to why they can barely not cover it, I have been in the hospital pretty regularly since October 2014 trying to get life saving procedures for a hereditary issue. Had I not been in the hospital, I may have been able to contact Sony to get the XBR9 fixed 4 months ago when it was covered by the recall.

I explained to Sony I was in the hospital and they said that they can't talk to me on the phone under any circumstances to handle this issue because the department that does handle the issue does not have telephones to call.

I don't have a lot of time to go back and forth with Sony on this and it sure would be nice to have a television to watch occasionally when I am not in the hospital. I hope they figure out how to do the right thing for a loyal customer who has now had two XBR big screen TVs quit working after 5 years. It is a true shame if they do not.
Write to sony support. They should be able to take care of you. They offered me a replacement TV , which is not an XBR and a model that was not very popular. Very slim pickings, but then we do what we can. The XBR does nto come cheap.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Xbr Kdl 32xbr9 32 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Sony Bravia Xbr Series Kdl 46xbr9 46 Inch 1080p 240hz Lcd Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Xbr Series Kdl 52xbr9 52 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Lcd Hdtv Black , Sony Bravia Xbr Series Kdl 40xbr9 40 Inch 1080p 240hz Lcd Hdtv Black
Gear in this thread - 40xbr9 by PriceGrabber.com