Possible Permanent Backlight Bleed Fix for LCD TVs and Monitors w/ disclaimer - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #121 of 128 Old 03-05-2015, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am honestly generally just a lurker on forums. I just signed up for an account to this forum just so I could reply to this post. I bought a Sony XBR55X800B. It was a great set but it had light bleed on the top left hand corner (top and left). It was really bumming me out especially during letter boxed movies etc. I just wanted to report I tried both fixes -- tightening the screws (helped some), and then slowly wiping with the microfiber cloth. I did it a few times and it got better each time I did it. It required almost no pressure, just slow steady wipes. I'm happy to report the problem is now non existent! I was extremely skeptical that this would help but I'm here to say it really does work. I was struggling on whether to return the set and take the chance of getting one that was worse etc. Thank you everyone so much for posting this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 128 Old 03-09-2015, 12:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just wanted to chime in with my own experience using this method. Just bought the Sony KDL55W800B Smart LED TV, and noticed some annoying flashlighting/clouding right away.

I took a before and after picture, and I think the results speak for themselves.

Before.

After.

And yeah,I realize the exposure of the two shots are different, but it really did work, notice the huge cloud going all the way across to the middle of the screen in the before shot? That is completely gone now, and only a small subtle bit of clouding remains in the two left side corners.

All i did was very gently rub the screen and slightly tap out the clouding. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited by decayed_matter; 03-09-2015 at 12:48 AM.
post #123 of 128 Old 03-13-2015, 05:44 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by decayed_matter View Post
Just wanted to chime in with my own experience using this method. Just bought the Sony KDL55W800B Smart LED TV, and noticed some annoying flashlighting/clouding right away.

I took a before and after picture, and I think the results speak for themselves.

Before.

After.

And yeah,I realize the exposure of the two shots are different, but it really did work, notice the huge cloud going all the way across to the middle of the screen in the before shot? That is completely gone now, and only a small subtle bit of clouding remains in the two left side corners.

All i did was very gently rub the screen and slightly tap out the clouding. Thanks for the suggestion!
do you still notice those distinctive rabbit ears above the sony logo in the bottom center of the screen? I have tried all these tricks and can't seem to get rid of them. They are barely noticeable and very faint. Its a very common lightbleed issue with that tv model.
post #124 of 128 Old 03-14-2015, 11:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sci0n View Post
do you still notice those distinctive rabbit ears above the sony logo in the bottom center of the screen? I have tried all these tricks and can't seem to get rid of them. They are barely noticeable and very faint. Its a very common lightbleed issue with that tv model.
I dont think i ever had clouding in the bottom center of the screen. Just in the corners. The clouding i do have however, has diminished even more from these pics. I can just barely detect it now, but it seems like it's spread out more and kinda blends in with the rest of the screen now. Here's a current shot.

post #125 of 128 Old 05-22-2015, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
My 65inch 9000 has horrible bleed. The entire screen is like 1 big cloud. I've tried massaging and tapping to no luck. I bought a paint roller with microfiber roll and did some rolling on it last night but still no luck. Does it make a difference if the tv is on or off?? I'm curious of laying the tv on its back and massaging would help the panels to fall better into place?
Any luck? I have the 78HU9000 with some flashlighting and clouding, I've tried massaging for like 30 seconds but scared of doing it longer in fear of making it worse. When putting enough pressure, I can see a slight white flash of the backlight, is this the pressure point to meet?
post #126 of 128 Old 05-22-2015, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2840 Post(s)
Liked: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by myst4ry View Post
Any luck? I have the 78HU9000 with some flashlighting and clouding, I've tried massaging for like 30 seconds but scared of doing it longer in fear of making it worse. When putting enough pressure, I can see a slight white flash of the backlight, is this the pressure point to meet?
Not really. Seeing the white pressure is normal, it won't hurt anything. I've been meaning to massage small cloud areas on the tv but been busy/lazy lol
post #127 of 128 Old 05-23-2015, 07:43 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Well I tried slightly unscrewing (2 full turns) and massing for like 5 full minutes, I see no difference unfortunately, its just the bottom right flashlighting/clouding that annoys me, it sort of has a V shape and is quite often visible. All other 3 corners are fine.

I'd appreciate some tips on whether there is any way to reduce this. Do I need to spend like 30mins massaging it with the screen on or something?

Last edited by myst4ry; 05-23-2015 at 07:49 AM.
post #128 of 128 Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
thanks

I used the microfiber method(like cleaning the display but with a bit more pressure) on my samsung 48h6400 TV, and in 30 second the white cloud disappeared, OP is a genius. I never make an account to say thanks but this time I had to.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Ln40a630 40 Inch 1080p 120hz Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color , Lcd Hdtv , Displays , Samsung Ln46a550 46 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv , Panasonic Tc L37d2 37 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Led Hdtv With Ipod Dock
Gear in this thread - L37d2 by PriceGrabber.com