Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ochentay4 View Post

In this review this "Samsung-LE40B651" LCD has the same behavior:
http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Sams...TV-Review.html
I reaaally need this to be disabled. And I cant find an option in user menu or service menu. Can anybody help?

I haven't found anything in the menus for the problem you have. I have to admit that I haven't seen that problem on my 52B550, but........., I try not to look for problems as once I see something wrong, then I have trouble trying not to see it.

In your case, that kind of a problem wouldn't bother me as long as it didn't occur anywhere in a movie or show.

Brian...reporting from the left coast...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 864 Old 05-26-2010, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandude View Post

I haven't found anything in the menus for the problem you have. I have to admit that I haven't seen that problem on my 52B550, but........., I try not to look for problems as once I see something wrong, then I have trouble trying not to see it.

In your case, that kind of a problem wouldn't bother me as long as it didn't occur anywhere in a movie or show.

Well, playing games like "Alan Wake" which are dark is absolutely terrible for my eyes. Try this: put a movie with very dark pictures with subtitles and you will see.
post #843 of 864 Old 06-28-2010, 09:33 AM

does anyone know where I can find a list of the default service menu setting for a ln46b550?
post #844 of 864 Old 06-29-2010, 08:31 AM

I've been afraid to explore the service menu on by b550 for fear of really screwing something up. However, I would think there would be an option somewhere to reset the settings to default. That option has been in computer BIOS options for a very long time.
Wish I could help. Hopefully someone will come along here with what you need. This forum has been very quiet for some time now though.

post #845 of 864 Old 07-24-2010, 02:51 PM

Just have a question about some options in the Picture menu.

what I find off is that in 'Dynamic' mode, 'Advanced Settings' are blacked out.

Also for 'Color Tones', I can only access them in the Movie Mode.

Anyone else get this, or has an explanation.
post #846 of 864 Old 07-25-2010, 09:41 AM

Yup, that's the way mine works too. Don't know why, but I guess they thought we wouldn't need those settings with those options selected. Seems a bit strange to me but hasn't bothered me. Great picture on my set without making any or many changes.

post #847 of 864 Old 08-18-2010, 09:50 AM

Hi

I've got a LA46B550 and I'm happy with it so far, didn't notice any blur issues, but I couldn't get a decent calibration for gaming (without Dynamic Contrast).. when I enable the game mode and disable the Dynamic Contrast the image become "grey" and unnatural, I've gone through this thread but didn't find any gaming calibration, so if anyone could recommend one it would be appreciated.
post #848 of 864 Old 09-19-2010, 07:50 AM

I made the mistake of upgrading my LN52B550K1F to the newest 1021.1 firmware (from 1016.1). Unfortunately, it broke compatibility with one of my workstations on the VGA input (Sun Ultra1). It worked perfectly fine before the update, but now tells me "mode not supported." I got nowhere with Samsung in regards to this.

Does anybody have a copy of the older firmware that they could provide me with? I am unable to find this on the website, and Samsung basically told me I'm screwed.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like the newer firmware also messed up my backlight settings. I have the backlight for my PC's HDMI input set at 7, yet it defaults to 10 when I turn the TV on. When I go into the menu, it still shows 7 even though it is at level 10. I then either have to readjust it in the menu or switch to another input and back to get the backlight correct. How annoying.
EDIT2: Okay, found a solution to the backlight issue. I had to switch that input back to non-PC mode, and set the backlight to 7. Once I did that, I switched back to PC mode. Now it powers on correctly with the backlight at 7. Apparently when the TV powers on, it sets the backlight to what i would've been in non-PC mode, even though I have the input set to PC mode. Weird firmware bug for sure.
post #849 of 864 Old 09-29-2010, 08:25 AM

Darn it. I thought I could help as I had a firmware file that I downloaded earlier this year but it turns out it is the 1021 firmware too. Sorry about that, I did try.

post #850 of 864 Old 09-29-2010, 10:14 PM

Thank you for trying!
post #851 of 864 Old 12-07-2010, 04:40 PM

Does anyone have the LN46B550 and if you do can you tell me what your settings are and what type of HDMI cables you use? It would really be appreciated.

Btw I am aware that this thread is a tad old. I'm hoping someone out there can help me.
post #852 of 864 Old 12-08-2010, 08:23 AM

I have the LN52B550 and love it. I use cheap HDMI cables from Monoprice which work just fine. Don't waste money on those from Best Buy, etc. as they are extremely overpriced.
As for settings, mine was fine out of the box, but I tinkered with the backlighting a bit. It came from the dealer as a demo and set to 'torch' mode. I followed the directions to get it back to standard user mode. If you have the manual, the instructions are there if you need to change yours.

I'm not a purist/fanatic when it comes to the settings so can't give you any specific recommendations.

My only complaint is that the controls are invisible on the lower front corner unless I use a flashlight to find them.

post #853 of 864 Old 12-21-2010, 10:03 AM

Hi there!
Can someone post me default settings for "WB Movie" for NORMAL Color Tone from service menu?
N_Rgain was something around 11
N_Bgain around -17
N_Roffest around 3
and N_Boffest around 1

PLEASE HELP ME!
Ive made a photo of settings in WARM2, changed to NORMAL and messed settings. I didnt noticed that while on WARM2 settings for NORMAL are not shown :/

HELP ME!

My TV is SAMSUNG LE32B550 with 2009 firmware.

Edit:
PROBLEM SOLVED

Problem is solved in here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post19708028
post #854 of 864 Old 05-25-2011, 03:41 PM

I'm pretty sure I accidentally changed the type setting under my factory service menu for my Samsung LN46B550 . Does anyone know what the default setting for this was? Or how to figure out which one maybe the correct one?
post #855 of 864 Old 05-26-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarzabar View Post

I'm pretty sure I accidentally changed the type setting under my factory service menu for my Samsung LN46B550 . Does anyone know what the default setting for this was? Or how to figure out which one maybe the correct one?

The only thing I can suggest is to follow the link on the post above yours. It may be related to your problem. Good luck..........

post #856 of 864 Old 07-17-2011, 08:15 PM

I messed up my tv, and i really need help. I entered the service menu to fix the screen size, but i accidentally went into HDMI calibration and pressed the right arrow key. I tried resetting the TV, but no luck. I eventually fixed it with the right checkerboard pattern.

Here's the problem:
The colors are all messed up and washed out.
Every time i turn on the TV it flickers for 5-30 seconds.

Can anybody please help me?
Does anybody have the default service menu settings?
post #857 of 864 Old 07-18-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m94115 View Post

Here's the problem:
The colors are all messed up and washed out.
Every time i turn on the TV it flickers for 5-30 seconds.

Can anybody please help me?
Does anybody have the default service menu settings?

I think I am the only person left that monitors this thread. Sorry that I don't know the default settings and no one has ever reported them in this thread.

I've always wondered if reloading or upgrading the firmware might also reset to the default settings. Might be worth a try in your case.

good luck..............

post #858 of 864 Old 07-18-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandude View Post

I think I am the only person left that monitors this thread. Sorry that I don't know the default settings and no one has ever reported them in this thread.

I've always wondered if reloading or upgrading the firmware might also reset to the default settings. Might be worth a try in your case.

good luck..............

Thanks, I wonder if the warranty still covers my tv
post #859 of 864 Old 02-19-2012, 04:18 PM

I have the LN52B550. TV just died today. The red light next to the power button is solid red and it won't turn on at all. Any ideas? Samsung 800# was useless and said I have to pay for a repairman. Was this TV one of the models that had the 'bad capacitor' issue that Samsung is known for?

Update: I did some reading and its probably one of the boards (power or main) that needs to be replaced. From some youtube video's it looks super simple so I'm going to order the part(s) and do it myself. Any idea which board it is? Even if I buy both boards online it will cost me half of what the repair shop that Samsung contracted me out to wants...

Thanks!!
post #860 of 864 Old 02-21-2012, 07:35 AM

I doubt that this model was on the bad cap list. There is a list somewhere which I scanned and didn't find anything close to our LNxxB550 models. This doesn't mean that a power supply can't go bad anyway.
If it were me, I would take a look at the boards to see if I can see any damage. If not, then I guess I would get both boards unless I was thinking of upgrading to an LED/LCD or a 3D set.
Just read an article about Samsung going to build OLED TV sets. That will be the latest and greatest and probably the most expensive for a while.

Good luck on fixing your set. I really like mine and would do a lot to keep it running.

post #861 of 864 Old 11-01-2013, 05:01 AM

I'm bringing a dead thread back up but my LN46B550 just died! The standby light is lit solid but TV will not turn on. If I leave it plugged in to the power it'll start smelling like burning electronics. The smell seems to be coming from the top area of the inverter board. I'm not sure if this is the symptom of a bad inverter board or something downstream causing the inverter board to heat and burn?
post #862 of 864 Old 11-21-2013, 05:34 PM

Liked: 30
I know this thread is old, but I wonder if someone can help me out with my 24p problem. I have 48Hz enabled in service menu and I have this TV calibrated all the way. The good thing is that 24p content played at 24Hz actually provides higher contrast ratio than using 60hz. I got with calibrated using service menu with end-result of 1850:1 CR and after applying 3D LUT with madVR, I have about 1950-2000:1 CR!

But I can see my screen flicker a bit during lighter scenes. Does that mean that 48Hz is turned on or off? Should I disable it? Its enabled now. I do have the latest firmware for it.

To anyone still with this sucker - do not use PC Mode for HTPC use as it has a much worse CR and it ignores all color space adjustments!
post #863 of 864 Old 11-22-2013, 01:56 PM

Does anyone know why this TV has ADC in service menu and yet it is not detected for DDC in CalMAN v5?
post #864 of 864 Old 11-24-2013, 11:22 AM

I need to know contrast ratio either before or after calibration for this model. Not dynamic contrast, REAL contrast.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln40b550
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page