I'm a noob to HDTVs, I bought a Vizio E470VL a year or so ago, it's been a great tv for everything...except for what I bought it for....PS3 Gaming (FPS) that is.
I've read through the AVS forum, and found that said HDTV is not good for gaming (the input lag drove me to find this forum), so it's time to upgrade.
Help me understand a few technical things:
1. Input lag: plasma vs. LCD; when looking at price, plasma sets typically have lower input lag values. True?
2. The "burn in" issue, once prevelant in plasmas, is no longer an issue. True? (if true, is this at most/all price ranges?
3. Most LCD sets with minimal input lag (due to "game mode" or due to the settings requiired to achieve minimal input lag rates) also end up with compromised picture quality. True? (if true, is this in regards to hues/color? My tv set is right next to a terribly large window, and sunlight/glare ruins the picture as is).
4. I've seen that most LCDs with minimal input lag <10ms are around 37inches or less. Are there any sets (LCD or Plasma) that are in the near 50's, and still at the same minimal input lag?
5. Details about room/use/environment of new desired set
Distance: Couch is 7ft away, gaming chair is 4-5 feet
Use: gaming, Hulu, net flix. Don't really prefer blue ray, but also ok. (NFL when the season returns)
Price: up to 750$
Lighting: the tv will be right next to a large window, with the worst blinds ever.
Help? I honestly don't care if it's a plasma 720p, or an LCD 1080p. I'm desperate for a tv that supports low input lag for FPS gaming (ps3).
Thanks for any help and comments.