Input lag wars!, post your input lag results of your LCD display here for reference - Page 142 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4231 of 4231 Old Today, 05:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaverJ View Post
I'm gaming on a Sony S990a, and I like it. It has an excellent input lag of around 18ms, and very good pic quality.

Of course there's some of caveats: it's a curved screen, which is a turn-off for a lot of people, even though the curve is pretty subtle in-person. Off-angle viewing isn't the best. The biggest issue is the backlighting is fairly uneven, mostly noticeable in a dark room during credits or black screens with title cards or logos, e.g. the Playstation logo when turning the PS4 on.

But IMO after tweaking it can achieve a good picture, even with backlight down low - nice colors and good black levels. And game mode is pretty much lag-free. Unfortunately, this model is rare unicorn when it comes to finding it in a store, so it's hard to see one for yourself to decide if any of the issues bother you or not.
I hadn't come across that set yet. Assuming the curve is similar to the Samsung H8000, I like it. Viewing angle isn't an issue as I'm the only person using. The 18ms is in Game mode correct? I'll check out the offical S990 thread so I don't go too far off topic here. Thanks for the recommendation!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Displays , Plasma Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl 55ex500 Series 55 Inch Lcd Tv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page