Input lag wars!, post your input lag results of your LCD display here for reference - Page 143 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #4261 of 4263 Old Today, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Here is a link to get you started: http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping In order to properly perform this test, you will need a high speed camera.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4262 of 4263 Old Today, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 132
It is a well established fact that the outputs of most (if not all) video cards are NOT synchronized. In other words, they are out of phase and this alone can introduce what appears like a difference in lag that simply is not there. In the worst case, you may even see a CRT lag an LCD on some frames. You would need to split the signal coming out of the same port of the video card to remove this error. But then you run into analog/digital conversion lag since CRT can't do digital and LCD can't do analog.

See here for a detailed explanation why camera testing vs. CRT is flawed:

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/speci.../inputlag.html
post #4263 of 4263 Old Today, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
It is a well established fact that the outputs of most (if not all) video cards are NOT synchronized. In other words, they are out of phase and this alone can introduce what appears like a difference in lag that simply is not there. In the worst case, you may even see a CRT lag an LCD on some frames. You would need to split the signal coming out of the same port of the video card to remove this error. But then you run into analog/digital conversion lag since CRT can't do digital and LCD can't do analog.

See here for a detailed explanation why camera testing vs. CRT is flawed:

http://www.prad.de/en/monitore/speci.../inputlag.html

I already said earlier but I guess UFO wasn't reading that yes the seiki frame skips but oddly (I wouldn't have expected it either) there is less inpu lag @ 240Hz then there is at 120Hz even though the display is still only physically outputting @ 120Hz.

Like I really need a link to the browser based skip test (which doesn't even work on a lot of browsers OS) LOL, comeon dude. Yeah I know nothing about displays. Been using 4k since 2006, wrote my own EDID and custom firmware for seiki SE50UY04/SE39UY04 but yup, I must be completely clueless when it comes to displays.

Unfortunately there is no other way than the CRT method to test the input lag with any kind of repeatable test when you are doing what I am doing and testing things like 120Hz plus as hardware doesn't exist (AFAIK) to do it.

Also I 100% know what your talking about displays being synchronized. For most of the tests (until i exceeded with the CRT would take) each display was using exact timings.

On the old VP2290b/T221s which I had to drive via multiple outputs with nvidia/linux (I wont make comments about other OSs and hardware) the outputs were always genlocked and I got no tearing between the outputs which is the only way to get no tearing on those displays.

It amazes me that you wouldn't consider that some scalers can be behind a specific number of frames (and not just time) and that increasing the refresh rate (and decreasing the time between frames) can lower the input lag.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Displays , Plasma Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl 55ex500 Series 55 Inch Lcd Tv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page