Input lag wars!, post your input lag results of your LCD display here for reference - Page 145 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #4321 of 4328 Old 06-30-2015, 07:01 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
That's just what it says for the "response", which could mean anything. So the actual lag is likely more than that.
And you shouldn't need a converter to use Japanese electronics in the US and vice versa (I've certainly never had any problems), modern transformers can handle the minor difference. You'd only need to worry about it if you were living in Europe, Australia, etc. You wouldn't be able to tune any TV channels with it, though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4322 of 4328 Old 07-02-2015, 06:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Somebody needs to Leo B the Vizio 2015 E 50" panel statty!
post #4323 of 4328 Old 07-03-2015, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It comes down to this for me and I game a lot (The Witcher 3: This and I watch anime, I may grow up but NOT yet...

There is no TV that you can really game on well. Some come close but its JUST not there yet. For some games it works out but for the most nope...

They are JUST starting to make 144hz IPS style monitors but that's going to set you back $599... I am hoping that the TV for gaming as well as TV etc. will be out soon....

I may not be the BEST guy, BUT I am NOT the bad guy!!- Coop from Megas XLR
post #4324 of 4328 Old 07-19-2015, 06:51 AM

Liked: 0
input lag of Toshiba 40L2456

Hello,

I would like to buy a budget Toshiba led tv 40L2456.
Since I want to use it even as gaming screen (HDMI + PC), I need to know if the input lag is acceptable but I cannot find the vale anywhere!! It seems there is a game mode but It is not enough to know. Please help me.

thanks
Francesco
post #4325 of 4328 Old 07-19-2015, 09:18 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Does anyone know the input lag for the LG 65UF8500? Thanks.
post #4326 of 4328 Old 07-20-2015, 09:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 1879
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wincer View Post
Does anyone know the input lag for the LG 65UF8500? Thanks.
47ms

"My advice: don't spend money on therapy. Spend it in a record store." – Wim Wenders
post #4327 of 4328 Old Today, 02:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello there, really need you help guys! I'm looking for true input lag info of Samsung UE40H5500 . Because techradar.com , trustedreviews.com, egokick.com reviews saying that input lag is just 10 ms.

And avforums.com review saying that it's input lag is 25.7 and 28.7

Where's the truth?? Because if it's 25-28ms , i will buy BenQ RL2755HM gaming monitor, it got 10 ms input lag. Help me out please, people.Want to make purchase today.
post #4328 of 4328 Unread Today, 06:10 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_Napier View Post
Hello there, really need you help guys! I'm looking for true input lag info of Samsung UE40H5500 . Because techradar.com , trustedreviews.com, egokick.com reviews saying that input lag is just 10 ms.

And avforums.com review saying that it's input lag is 25.7 and 28.7

Where's the truth?? Because if it's 25-28ms , i will buy BenQ RL2755HM gaming monitor, it got 10 ms input lag. Help me out please, people.Want to make purchase today.
I haven't found what testing methodology trustedreviews.com use to determine input lag of a display. I can tell you that the input lag number they gave for the BenQ XL2720Z was accurate as an average of the 3 different lag readings you can get from an LCD screen from top to bottom. I know this because I actually have a device made for testing input lag that gives me that same measurement. Incidentally, this is the same device that Avforums.com use to test input lag themselves. (https://www.avforums.com/article/bes...tvs-2015.10616) I don't know if they just test the highest lag number (which would be the bottom one if using that Leo Bodnar lag tester) or if they average out the 3 test areas. Perhaps you could ask the reviewer at his twitter account and find out exactly how they came to the number in the review. https://twitter.com/MarkHodgkinson3

Being that they use the Leo Bodnar device which I've come to trust the accuracy of, and the fact that I can't find any info on what testing methodology trustedreviews.com use, I'm inclined to trust the number from avforums.com more. Even though they got the one monitor I can verify the input lag number of correct. I'd be highly skeptical of a reading of 10 ms from a TV and not a monitor, even if it were a figure derived from an average of 3 testing areas of the TV. My BenQ XL2720Z is one of the lowest average input lag monitors you can buy on the market, and it still is slightly higher than 10 ms averaged. If you care more about input lag than image quality and having a large display to watch your entertainment on, I'd recommend going with a monitor instead of a TV. If however you want a minimum of 40 inches for the size of your display, you'll find it hard to get one with less than 19 ms of input lag. That's been my experience when doing days and days of research on the subject across various websites when trying to find a display with the lowest input lag that I could afford. I just accepted that if I wanted the fastest responding display, I had to sacrifice the size of the display as well as image quality. That's just the unfortunate truth about the limitations of current display technology. Seems like most consumers that can afford to buy high end large screen TV's probably don't care about input lag since it's only important when you are doing a lot of time sensitive interaction with your display, which is really only relevant to gamers. So I'm not surprised that most TV manufacturers don't find it all that necessary to care about input lag either.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Displays , Plasma Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl 55ex500 Series 55 Inch Lcd Tv Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page