Input lag wars!, post your input lag results of your LCD display here for reference - Page 147 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 22Likes

post #4381 of 4392 Old 03-22-2016, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerninja View Post
http://www.displaylag.com
http://www.rtings.com
http://www.cnet.com

All three of those are review sites that use the Leo Bodnar input lag tester (as of its release about 3 or 4 years ago)

Any review older than that claiming to have actual input lag measurements were either making lax estimates or using the CRT measurement method detailed in the first post of this thread. To this day the CRT measurement method is still the most accurate but also requires the most amount of work to perform properly.

p.s. trustedreviews.com gives out false input lag measurements. They are not to be trusted
what i mean is for the tv in question "KDL-40Z4500"

Last edited by mikezilla2; 03-22-2016 at 02:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4382 of 4392 Old 03-22-2016, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikezilla2 View Post
what i mean is for the tv in question "KDL-40Z4500"
Your TV is made on or before 2008, before the Leo Bodnar tool existed. Reviewers can't revisit TVs from years ago that they no longer possess. If you want an input lag measurement on an 8+ year old TV you will need to measure it yourself.
post #4383 of 4392 Old 03-22-2016, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerninja View Post
Your TV is made on or before 2008, before the Leo Bodnar tool existed. Reviewers can't revisit TVs from years ago that they no longer possess. If you want an input lag measurement on an 8+ year old TV you will need to measure it yourself.
http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/input-lag

see last post ( guy who runs displaylag)

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic...3846&start=120

http://www.videogameperfection.com/2...tester-review/

they all seem pretty divided on it yea not everyone nos how to use that device i would say or how it reads VS other displays , seems a bit more research / posting is needed ,

one take away from this is if its infact 30 or so good means i can grab the tv i want with out worrying about a thing !

Last edited by mikezilla2; 03-22-2016 at 10:05 PM.
post #4384 of 4392 Old 03-28-2016, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
My 65KS9500 has 22ms with Game Mode on.
post #4385 of 4392 Old 03-30-2016, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, for a long time i have been waiting for a tv that could play games with some interpolation system turned on, and to be specific, i wanted it to be sony or samsung becouse they handle motion better than others. Samsung gets awaul numbers when its not game or pc mode - so, sony is the chocie. Now from the latest review on rtings, the new entry 4k model xd850 is nothing great + its an ips panel (bummer), so im looking towards the 755c, because it has some good lag numbers.. BUT. I dont quite get the methodology. Every review i read tells me 'hey this tv is good for games, only 30ms in game mode'. How is it good for games when it blurs like hell in that mode? Fot this tv model some of the reviews give numbers around 50-55ms with 'cinema pro' mode enabled. But.. in this mode in default it also blurs? It doesnt have motion flow enabled to standard mode when the motion gets fluid. So bootom line is - can someone tell me how much input lag 55w755c has in mode with motion flow set to standard? I did some of my own quick test in store, but its the sutter method with laptop as second screen. I get some wierd results from 50 to 70ms. Adding notebooks latence around 10-15ms it gets way higher than the review results? And from what i know, reviewers use bodnar device, which outputs from 1/3 to even 1/2 higher numbers, so when the review says they get 50ms on bodnar, i should get around 35 on shutter method. I get 70 at best. :P Anyone could help me with this one?
post #4386 of 4392 Old 04-02-2016, 04:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 148
^If you turn on Impulse mode, Sony TVs (as well as others) strobe the backlight (a period of black frames between frames), which basically completely eliminate motion blur. So good, it competes with CRT, and does even better than the best plasmas (which only did their best at motion blur when you used their laggiest picture modes).

Impulse mode on the Sony TVs is a godsend for gamers. Problem is that some people will hate the slight flicker, and also, you have to raise the backlight to compensate for the reduced brightness.
post #4387 of 4392 Old 04-10-2016, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Came to this thread and one of the Tv's I'm debating is the JU7100....

This lag thing is a big thing for me as I'm a pretty big gamer on PS4 and shooting/sports games are what's played most.

I currently have a 50 inch 1080P Panny Plamsa...I'm not sure what the lag ever was on that but it's been awesome for gaming and never noticed any issues and I never bother with game mode or anything on that TV.

I want a 4K TV that is reasonably priced that will excel at games and be able to handle regular TV and 4K content. While HDR would be nice and all it's not something that really concerns me much.

As it is, I'm looking at the Sony 850C, Samsung JU7100 and possibly the Vizio 2016P series. I'm kinda leaning toward the Sammy JU7100 at the moment as I just like the screen and look of the TV slightly better.

The gaming is a big deal though and I'd hate to get a nice new TV and be regretting it because games are impacted. I do way more gaming than I do movie watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123go View Post
have the JU7500 for now 3 months very good for gaming

also owned the vizio m series wich was 5 ms less at 17 ms
and I did notice in increase in lag with the samsung

however the ju7500 has better colors overall and the vizio had a lot of blur and very bad overall graphics- colors and motion...

this year the best choices are ju7500, js9000 than ju7100

wonder if the K series will be better in the lower end models 6200, 6500 , 6800..i might switch out if so and if they have nano colors and better blacks
post #4388 of 4392 Old 04-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 299 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by tts42572 View Post
Came to this thread and one of the Tv's I'm debating is the JU7100....

This lag thing is a big thing for me as I'm a pretty big gamer on PS4 and shooting/sports games are what's played most.

I currently have a 50 inch 1080P Panny Plamsa...I'm not sure what the lag ever was on that but it's been awesome for gaming and never noticed any issues and I never bother with game mode or anything on that TV.

I want a 4K TV that is reasonably priced that will excel at games and be able to handle regular TV and 4K content. While HDR would be nice and all it's not something that really concerns me much.

As it is, I'm looking at the Sony 850C, Samsung JU7100 and possibly the Vizio 2016P series. I'm kinda leaning toward the Sammy JU7100 at the moment as I just like the screen and look of the TV slightly better.

The gaming is a big deal though and I'd hate to get a nice new TV and be regretting it because games are impacted. I do way more gaming than I do movie watching.
I dont want to complice things but for me I didm't go for the JU7100 cause anything above 25 ms bothers me. THe Ju7500 is a better option but its maybe 500 more...I would go with the VIzio P series cause so far reviews are saying it has the best contrast and great local dimming, a exceptionnel imput lag. Samsung is also a great picture obviously but if u game that much well it's nice to have fast response ...unless 25 ms dosen't bother u (like most people )
post #4389 of 4392 Old 04-12-2016, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I was wondering if someone might know what the input lag is on my current tv if tried looking it up but can't really get a clear answer. I am thinking about upgrading my current tv which I've had for about 6-7 years I was interested in the Samsung KS8000 until I read that the input lag was 40ms. I don't really know much about input lag so that's why I wanted to know what the lag was on my current tv so that I would have something to compare it to. I currently own a Panasonic Viera Plasma model number TC-P50VT20 I appreciate the help.
post #4390 of 4392 Old 06-03-2016, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost81 View Post
I was wondering if someone might know what the input lag is on my current tv if tried looking it up but can't really get a clear answer. I am thinking about upgrading my current tv which I've had for about 6-7 years I was interested in the Samsung KS8000 until I read that the input lag was 40ms. I don't really know much about input lag so that's why I wanted to know what the lag was on my current tv so that I would have something to compare it to. I currently own a Panasonic Viera Plasma model number TC-P50VT20 I appreciate the help.
With the flatpanels timer mentioned in post 1 it was in the 40's for the VT20 but that is not directly comparable to the 40ms on the KS8000 as that was measured a different way. The VT20 would probably score 20ms higher using this new method so somewhere in the 60's ...
post #4391 of 4392 Old 07-01-2016, 12:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Hi guys,

I just bought a Sony KDL-50W828B.

Can someone tell me how I can the lowest possible input lag?

So:
- which input has the lowest input lag?
- do I just choose game mode?
- do I change some settings in the game mode to get a even lower input lag?
- etc.

THANKS!
post #4392 of 4392 Old 09-13-2016, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post
Hi guys,

I just bought a Sony KDL-50W828B.

Can someone tell me how I can the lowest possible input lag?

So:
- which input has the lowest input lag?
- do I just choose game mode?
- do I change some settings in the game mode to get a even lower input lag?
- etc.

THANKS!

If you haven't figured it out by now:
- I don't believe inputs affect lag, any HDMI will do for the best quality.
- Both Game Scene and Graphics Scene will have the lowest input lag, so either would be fine.
- Game Scene already has the majority of the picture settings disabled as to not increase lag anymore, so you're fine making any adjustments within Game Scene. I'd recommend turning off any available processing within Game Scene though, even if it's available just to ensure you're getting the fastest response possible.

Hope this helps!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lcd Hdtv , Displays , Plasma Hdtv , Sony Bravia Kdl 55ex500 Series 55 Inch Lcd Tv Black
Gear in this thread