HELP! Just noticed this pixel issue. What do I Do? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 04-07-2009, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 52 inch sony bravi lcd. KDL-52V4100. I have had it for about 6 months and only use it about 10 hours a week.
I just noticed this weird pixel issue that is showing up on the left side of the screen. It doesnt show when the screen is black but anything other than black it will show. They kind of flicker a little very lightly.

Can anyone please help me and provide advice. I want this fixed.
LL
LL
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-07-2009, 06:48 PM

only thing you can do is contact sony..... is under your 1 year. I assume you didn't get a store protection plan?

http://eservice.sony.com/webrma/web/index.do
post #3 of 9 Old 04-07-2009, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

[quote=vultureyo;16219773]only thing you can do is contact sony..... is under your 1 year. I assume you didn't get a store protection plan?

i got a 3 year but it was through the crap hole circuit city!
all i have heard is horror stories of people trying to get there stuff fixed or replaced after they went under.
post #4 of 9 Old 04-07-2009, 07:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
[quote=JP1080INC;16219834]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vultureyo View Post

only thing you can do is contact sony..... is under your 1 year. I assume you didn't get a store protection plan?

i got a 3 year but it was through the crap hole circuit city!
all i have heard is horror stories of people trying to get there stuff fixed or replaced after they went under.

your within sony's warranty call them if it does this all the time and on different source devices then its definitely the TV

If you're a gamer or interested in using an LCD TV as a primary monitor take a look at my thread on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 Old 04-07-2009, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

[quote=frito;16219877]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP1080INC View Post

your within sony's warranty call them if it does this all the time and on different source devices then its definitely the TV

yep, on the 360 & the PS3!

im going to try and go through sony.
im just scared, i baby this tv and i dont know if i want a service company ripping it apart. what if they cant fix it?
post #6 of 9 Old 04-07-2009, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
[quote=JP1080INC;16219894]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post

yep, on the 360 & the PS3!

im going to try and go through sony.
im just scared, i baby this tv and i dont know if i want a service company ripping it apart. what if they cant fix it?

Sony will get it fixed, I think from what i have read from other users that have gone though sony for warranty repairs sony just sends a tech out to check out the problem, once its confirmed they send you a replacement or if none is available anymore give you options for what you want them to give you in return that is of the same value I Dont think they will try to fix the TV itself that problem looks to be part of the LCD control board that is connected to the LCD display itself and would need a screen replacement to fix IMO

If you're a gamer or interested in using an LCD TV as a primary monitor take a look at my thread on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-07-2009, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

[quote=frito;16220016]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP1080INC View Post

Sony will get it fixed, I think from what i have read from other users that have gone though sony for warranty repairs sony just sends a tech out to check out the problem, once its confirmed they send you a replacement or if none is available anymore give you options for what you want them to give you in return that is of the same value I Dont think they will try to fix the TV itself that problem looks to be part of the LCD control board that is connected to the LCD display itself and would need a screen replacement to fix IMO

yep, just got off the phone with sony e support and they gave me the local tech (Consumer Electronics) and i just need to schedule them to come out to my home and look at it. I asked if they cant fix it or break it does sony replace it with a new tv or a REFURBISHED? she did not have a answer. She said that will be discussed between the Tech and the Sony rep that is on my case. BETTER NOT BE REFURBISHED!!!!! ARRRRRR
post #8 of 9 Old 04-07-2009, 09:01 PM - Thread Starter

has anyone had a large lcd replaced by sony with a new one or newer model?
post #9 of 9 Old 04-08-2009, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

tech will be here next week from consumer reports.
ahhhh hope for the best!
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page