Toshiba 47ZV650U - Page 41 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1201 of 1395 Old 03-10-2010, 08:17 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Purchased a 55" ZV650U last week as a gift (of sorts) to my sister from B&H Photo (who has dropped the price about $60 since I purchased it! ). She and her hubby just moved into their just-purchased home and had no furniture except for a 32" Vizio I bought for them three years ago (all the furniture in their old apartment belonged to the landlord). I asked what their budget for a new TV was and, combined with my tax return for the year, ended with a budget that allowed me to get the 55" Toshiba for what she was willing to spend for a much smaller and crappier HDTV. Sis actually put her furniture purchase on hold because I wouldn't tell her what size of TV I would be getting her (because I didn't know; there were five or six HDTV's of various sizes/prices up in the air that I was looking at). Drove her nuts (she wanted to buy the furniture and then have the TV fit into the entertainment center) but, when the MASSA truck arrived with the 55ZV650U last week, the size of the box blew her and my brother-in-law (who had no idea any of this was happening) away. Sis thought a 52" HDTV was obscenely big and her hubby expected they'd barely be able to get something between 42-47" for his XBox 360 gaming and just-installed Cablevision IO HD package. Now that the 55" Tosh is inside an empty house they're designing their living room and furniture purchases AROUND the TV and not the other way. Got around the WAF by dealing with 'the wife' directly and even got to use her moneys to get her (and hubby) stuck with a quality big-screen TV for years to come... knock on wood. I'm a real son-of-a-bitch, aren't I?

Their first-born (my first nephew/niece! ) is due in late May so this is the last 'big' thing I can help them get before all the attention and resources are diverted to the baby. Except for seeing the ZV650U at the B&H showroom (blacks looked awfully milky in the darkness next to the Samsung plasmas and surrounding 52" LCD's to my spoiled AVS-trained eyesight... gulp! ) all my research for this set was done online and by reading this thread. I learned back in 2007 (when doing research for my first HDTV, an Olevia 747i 1080p LCD that is still going strong) that there is no such thing as a perfect HDTV. This 55" Toshiba LCD is the one HDTV I feel I can give to my 'civilian' non-techie relatives and feel like (a) I stretched our pooled budget to get the most bang-for-buck value while (b) feeling I used my AVS Forum knowledge to get them something I myself could live with. This Tosh isn't the latest and greatest HDTV, but it's definitely more and better HDTV than they thought they'd ever be able to afford, especially since they didn't see it coming until it pulled in their driveway five days ago.

I'll see my sister's 55ZV650U in action for the first time a week from Friday when I go visit her. I'll play around when I'm there and maybe even take a couple of pics for posterity (and to post here). Thanks to all those that posted in this thread (Cellis, Beeper, OnlookerDelay, etc.), it gave me the knowledge (and fear of God! ) that at the very least this was a decent-enough LCD to make non-AVS people like my sister & bro-in-law (and soon niece/nephew) feel they got their money's worth. Especially since their share of the expense is a lot less than what the TV's final cost ended up being (a few C-notes lower even than OnlookerDelay's excellent deal with his 55" Tosh).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1395 Old 03-10-2010, 08:17 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsnoob10 View Post

Thank you, its always great to hear from owners. How about viewing angles on 47ZV650U? Mostly I will be sitting directly in front though I have little desk on one corner which would require me to view at an angle. It would mostly be used in low light condition/bedroom so I don't see reflection as an issue.

The way my couch is situated the viewing angles seem alright. Picture quality is great and you can still clearly see the screen and its contents. You can sit about 8 feet away on either side of the TV and still see the picture as if you were sitting directly in front of the screen. Just to give you an example of viewing angles. Also my family and friends when we crowd around the set have never complained about viewing difficulties. I've gotten nothing but positive feedback from family and friends so far.

Personally I don't think you will have an issue with viewing angles with the 47ZV650U. Though light reflection could be an issue if you have light that is opposite the TV at the same height of the TV. Not all the time though, I only have issues with my fish tank light which sits approx: 12 feet away from my TV but at the same height as my TV.

If your light source is above or beside there's no issue from what I can tell, the screen also seems to help get rid of any reflection too.
post #1203 of 1395 Old 03-10-2010, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by avsnoob10 View Post

Thank you, its always great to hear from owners. How about viewing angles on 47ZV650U? Mostly I will be sitting directly in front though I have little desk on one corner which would require me to view at an angle. It would mostly be used in low light condition/bedroom so I don't see reflection as an issue.

I often view my screen from my computer desk in the corner of our family room. The viewing angle is probably 80 degrees off center and it's amazingly clear. It has truly surpassed my expectations here. The rear projection JVC FC5697 that I was previously using in this room was a washout beyond 45 to 50 degrees.

"If the amount of views was how we judged the quality of a thread, then all we would have is a bunch of trolling fanboy threads."... Kysersose
post #1204 of 1395 Old 03-12-2010, 10:59 AM

Liked: 10
Hello All,
First, i just want to say that i've used the search button and didn't find a topic related to my issue. I purchased the 47zv650u model. Sometimes the set makes a one-time "click" sound and the image becomes very light(as if someone is shining a flashlight from behind the screen). Once it happens I tried switching to other inputs(antenna, HDMI, Component). Tried disconnecting the input source, turned off the set, turned off the input sources. Still no change. You can also see some sort of "honeycomb" design on most of the screen. This effect goes away after 5 minutes of so. It does it at odd times so i'm not sure if this is a "warm up". It doesn't do it everyday, just once in a while.

Rescently I changed the Dynalight setting to "off" but it happened again, went back to the menu and it was back to the "on" position so i switched all of the inputs to "off". It has been a good week or two now since the last time it happend and the Dynalight setting is still "off".

Is this an issue or really the Dynalight feature?

Thanks in advance for your assistance
post #1205 of 1395 Old 03-12-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbonelly View Post

Hello All,
First, i just want to say that i've used the search button and didn't find a topic related to my issue. I purchased the 47zv650u model. Sometimes the set makes a one-time "click" sound and the image becomes very light(as if someone is shining a flashlight from behind the screen). Once it happens I tried switching to other inputs(antenna, HDMI, Component). Tried disconnecting the input source, turned off the set, turned off the input sources. Still no change. You can also see some sort of "honeycomb" design on most of the screen. This effect goes away after 5 minutes of so. It does it at odd times so i'm not sure if this is a "warm up". It doesn't do it everyday, just once in a while.

Rescently I changed the Dynalight setting to "off" but it happened again, went back to the menu and it was back to the "on" position so i switched all of the inputs to "off". It has been a good week or two now since the last time it happend and the Dynalight setting is still "off".

Is this an issue or really the Dynalight feature?

Thanks in advance for your assistance

instead of switching dynalight on/off, have you tried using one of the preset viewing modes (Sports/Game/Movies)? setting your tv viewing mode to any of those (except AutoView) should override the dynalight setting. if you're up to it, you can also mess around with manual settings under Standard view mode.
post #1206 of 1395 Old 03-13-2010, 07:14 PM

What's your HDTV's firmware version? I wonder if this can be a defective set? I don't get a clicking sound from my set unless I cannot hear it. Though my Onkyo makes a clicking sound when it changes audio formats.

Humm, I would try using "AutoView" then see if you have the same problems. Then try using one of the pre-sets (Game/Sports/Movies, etc.) just to see if the issue is still there.
post #1207 of 1395 Old 03-13-2010, 08:45 PM

Well After last Friday and Toshiba feeding me some BS line about fixing my TV this week & not wanting to give me a refund as they had said they would a week before. I contacted tigerdirect and talked with a few people and at first they said it had been to long to return the TV (11/27/2009) but after i told them about how i have had problems from day one with the TV & i have patiently waited for Toshiba to A) mail firmware (total BS mailing data have they never heard of email & FTP servers) for the turner problem B) the LCD itself being loss in the housing & last but most important C) the HDMI sound problem. tigerdirect had no problem taking the TV back i have to give a big thumbs up to tigerdirect for caring about me a customer.

So to every one that's not happy with this TV demand a REFUND & you may get one.

4 mouths of HDMI sound BS was all i could take. thanks to every one in the thread & all the info
post #1208 of 1395 Old 03-14-2010, 06:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Sorry to hear that. What new (non-Toshiba) HDTV are you thinking of getting zman519? Hope my sister and her hubby (non-AVS Forum type civilians) report to me soon of any troubles with their week-old 55ZV650U while we're still in the return window. So far I haven't heard any complaints but I'll see for myself when I'm face-to-face with 'the best' next weekend.
post #1209 of 1395 Old 03-14-2010, 10:26 AM

Hello, new forum goer here. Just recently purchased the 47ZV650U a few days ago. Picture quality is brilliant, still tinkering with the settings and such. However, something that's worrying is me is when I'm watching some HD films with scenes that are overtly dark, it seems like the backlight dims a bit and then dims back up periodically. Produces an effect that makes it seem like the backlight is going out or something. During bright or normal daylit scenes, this doesn't happen though. I was able to produce this effect with scenes from a blu ray rip of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and some scenes from a blu ray rip of the Director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven played from a WDTV live via HDMI.

Could this be something with my current TV settings? Or possibly something with the rips themselves? I've managed to watch other films all the way through without having said effect coming into play. Am I just being paranoid because this is my first HDTV purchase? Heh. Any input would be grand, thanks.
post #1210 of 1395 Old 03-14-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagone View Post

Hello, new forum goer here. Just recently purchased the 47ZV650U a few days ago. Picture quality is brilliant, still tinkering with the settings and such. However, something that's worrying is me is when I'm watching some HD films with scenes that are overtly dark, it seems like the backlight dims a bit and then dims back up periodically. Produces an effect that makes it seem like the backlight is going out or something. During bright or normal daylit scenes, this doesn't happen though. I was able to produce this effect with scenes from a blu ray rip of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and some scenes from a blu ray rip of the Director's cut of Kingdom of Heaven played from a WDTV live via HDMI.

Could this be something with my current TV settings? Or possibly something with the rips themselves? I've managed to watch other films all the way through without having said effect coming into play. Am I just being paranoid because this is my first HDTV purchase? Heh. Any input would be grand, thanks.

Yes it's your current HDTV settings. I think it's called Dynalight Backlight. Here's the Definition which may explain what you are experiencing. In reality Dynalight makes a lot of sense but at the same time nothing 100% perfect either. I personally like using Dynalight when watching regular TV but in my movie settings I have it disabled, I rather have the contrast up a little in movies so I may see each and ever single detail in dark scenes but at the same time keeping the nice strong deep blacks in line.

So yes its normal what is going on with your set. Just turn off Dynalight as see how it looks. You may very well like the PQ with it off. By the way Awesome TV, I love mine a lot

Quote:

DynaLight

DynaLight monitors the brightness level of each video frame, and automatically adjusts the backlight intensity based on the image content. The result is a deeper black level that increases detail and depth even in low light environments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman519 View Post

Well After last Friday and Toshiba feeding me some BS line about fixing my TV this week & not wanting to give me a refund as they had said they would a week before. I contacted tigerdirect and talked with a few people and at first they said it had been to long to return the TV (11/27/2009) but after i told them about how i have had problems from day one with the TV & i have patiently waited for Toshiba to A) mail firmware (total BS mailing data have they never heard of email & FTP servers) for the turner problem B) the LCD itself being loss in the housing & last but most important C) the HDMI sound problem. tigerdirect had no problem taking the TV back i have to give a big thumbs up to tigerdirect for caring about me a customer.

So to every one that's not happy with this TV demand a REFUND & you may get one.

4 mouths of HDMI sound BS was all i could take. thanks to every one in the thread & all the info

Glad TigerDirect took care of you. Personally I would give it another stab at it and get the same set. What are the chances you are going to have HDMI problems again? Not many have this problem so I assume it's a few sets that are somewhat defective.

This is how much I am impressed with it. My 2nd choice would be an equivalent Sharp Aquos 47" or 52". Good luck and I am happy that you are happy. Happy HDTV shopping
post #1211 of 1395 Old 03-14-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super XP View Post

Yes it's your current HDTV settings. I think it's called Dynalight Backlight. Here's the Definition which may explain what you are experiencing. In reality Dynalight makes a lot of sense but at the same time nothing 100% perfect either. I personally like using Dynalight when watching regular TV but in my movie settings I have it disabled, I rather have the contrast up a little in movies so I may see each and ever single detail in dark scenes but at the same time keeping the nice strong deep blacks in line.

So yes its normal what is going on with your set. Just turn off Dynalight as see how it looks. You may very well like the PQ with it off. By the way Awesome TV, I love mine a lot

Ahh, ok. That's comforting to know. Will check the Dynalight setting tonight and see how films look with it off. Thanks! And yeah, this set is pretty much amazing. Got it for $899 at Costco. Definitely a great deal.
post #1212 of 1395 Old 03-14-2010, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super XP View Post

Glad TigerDirect took care of you. Personally I would give it another stab at it and get the same set. What are the chances you are going to have HDMI problems again? Not many have this problem so I assume it's a few sets that are somewhat defective.

This is how much I am impressed with it. My 2nd choice would be an equivalent Sharp Aquos 47" or 52". Good luck and I am happy that you are happy. Happy HDTV shopping

Its the fact that Toshiba was totally full of it. They new about this problem for mouths & i'm just suppose to put up with a busted TV Its pretty simple if they would have got my TV fixed before my Bday the 11th i think i would have keep the thing. But that was a day i picked in my head as a cut of point last January that if they did not have it fixed or some one scheduled to last week that would be the end. i gave them plenty of time

I got a LG 47LH90 and so far i have nothing bad to say about it other than the color right out of the box looked kinda crapy but a couple tweaks hear and there & with in 10 minutes it was looking grate, 360, my HTPC, & TV all look just as good as the 650 but now i have the black blacks with the LED.
post #1213 of 1395 Old 03-15-2010, 03:31 AM

Well I am glad you are happy. Toshiba should never have messed you around like that. They should have been flat out honest. LG 47LH90, not bad at all. That set is sharp, you going to love HD movies on it

LG 47LH90 = accurate color thanks to extensive picture adjustments:
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...-33485570.html
post #1214 of 1395 Old 03-15-2010, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

I got a LG 47LH90 and so far i have nothing bad to say about it other than the color right out of the box looked kinda crapy but a couple tweaks hear and there & with in 10 minutes it was looking grate ...

You might want to check if your LG has a firmware version that fudges the lip sync issue that many owners complained about on that model.
That's all you need, more audio issues. I think you may have yours connected in a way that doesn't have the lip sync issue.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0#post18283330

P.S. The LG includes capacitors manufactured by Toshiba.
post #1215 of 1395 Old 03-15-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeper View Post

You might want to check if your LG has a firmware version that fudges the lip sync issue that many owners complained about on that model.
That's all you need, more audio issues. I think you may have yours connected in a way that doesn't have the lip sync issue.

Its got 3.17 on it and i was doing some reading & looking for the firmware But i have yet to see any audio out of sync.

Super XP Thanks

As for the caps yaya i know just like the HDD in my laptop & half my other stuff LOL No one does it like Henry Ford did back then its the Total opposite the way companys make cars TVs and just about every thing
post #1216 of 1395 Old 03-15-2010, 08:40 PM

I saw this set the other day at worst buy and I have to say though the picture looked spectacular, the "deep lagoon" styling (the grey diamond gradient) looked cheap to me.
post #1217 of 1395 Old 03-16-2010, 06:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

^^^ Different strokes for different folks. I also think the 'deep lagoon' gradients around the ZV650U screen look tacky (it should be all-black so the screen edges disappear when watching in the dark) but my sister and hubby, the people who actually watch this thing daily (I only saw the 55" once in a darkened showroom), haven't even mentioned it bothering them.
post #1218 of 1395 Old 03-16-2010, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:

Its got 3.17 on it and i was doing some reading & looking for the firmware But i have yet to see any audio out of sync.

I believe 3.17 is the latest LG firmware.

You will not be able to install any further updates unless you have the special remote that an LG tech would have.

You should also check if you are actually getting DD 5.1 audio to an AVR (if you have one connected).
post #1219 of 1395 Old 03-17-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeper View Post

I would rather trust Toshiba than Samsung when it comes to capacitors. Anyway not sure if anybody is aware but Toshiba, Sharp and LG are somewhat intertwined with each other in terms of LCD & LED displays.

Did anybody hear about the MAJOR LCD issues with Samsung? It's like they are doing this and they know fully well they are doing this and that's why theres major class action law suits going on about this issue. It's like these LCD's are designed to defect in between 13 to 24months Talk about a 1 year warranty lol.

Samsung LCD TV power up problem w/ Clicking Sound!
http://www.crovean.net/samsung-lcd-tv-power-up-problem
Quote:

Important Notes:
Samsung’s power supply capacitors has 10v installed on the board and it is attached to a 12v bus which is causing to bulged. (I’m not a Electrical Engineer but I do know if you put too much on something, its going to get bigger or burst! ^_^ And that’s why our LCD sets end up with bulged or leaked capasitors)

post #1220 of 1395 Old 03-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Advanced Member

Well I just received call from Toshiba and I was told the Service Ctr will be contacted so they can order a new board (forgot name of) to fix my garbled speaker problems. It will be an in-home repair fix. I will keep all posted.

Please, Dumb It Down For Me.
post #1221 of 1395 Old 03-19-2010, 07:24 AM

Wonderful, you may want to ask the tech guys when they arrive to your home if this is a common problem

Just curious, because I don't have this issue so far.
post #1222 of 1395 Old 03-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Advanced Member

Super
I don't think the service tech has a clue from a past conversation with him on his 1st visit here. There have been maybe 5 to 10 people on this forum that have had the problems (don't know how many) I also know on Amazon there have been a number of speaker complaints. Evidently enough complaints to cause a new board build.

Please, Dumb It Down For Me.
post #1223 of 1395 Old 03-19-2010, 08:35 AM

Tech support called me last night. I got back to them this morning. The 2 people I talked to this morning didn't know anything about the problem, but set me up with a service call. I called the people they wanted me to contact, they don't know anything about it. But he is ordering the board to replace it. I hope the board he orders is a new one and not one with the same problem.

Seems like one hand does not know what the other one is doing.

The beat goes on.
post #1224 of 1395 Old 03-19-2010, 09:35 AM

I know the local Costco has these LCDs in stock. I'd like to pick one of these up and a BlueRay player for under $1200 - but I'm hesitant because of the audio issues. I don't want to have to send audio to our surround sound system just to watch TV. My wife and mother-inlaw just won't be able to figure out the system even after many times trying to teach them, then just wnat to turn the TV on and watch it.

Also, my two grade school sons want to hookup there Xbox/Wii for games - not serious gamers but they enjoy Madden NFL and such - will there be any issues with input lag? I'm not a gamer so I wouldn't know.

My use for the LCD would be for movies - it almost like a spiritual experience for me - I don't watch many of them these days but when I do I want a clear sharp image and no judder. Also for sports the 120Hz will be important. During a recent visit to look at TVs(not the Toshiba) with my sons they were impressed with some displays looking very real(soap opera effect) Will this TV display this while viewing normal TV? Its hard to judge Costco's video feeds to each TV as they aren't side by side and lack of good content being shown.
post #1225 of 1395 Old 03-19-2010, 07:03 PM

Quick question:

Is the ZV650U series going to be compatible with Toshiba's eventual 3D blu ray players? I did some half-baked research and came away with the impression that any set that can do 120/240Hz is all you really need to view 3D content, provided you have a 3D compatible blu ray player and -expensive- shutter glasses.
post #1226 of 1395 Old 03-19-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teagone View Post

Quick question:

Is the ZV650U series going to be compatible with Toshiba's eventual 3D blu ray players? I did some half-baked research and came away with the impression that any set that can do 120/240Hz is all you really need to view 3D content, provided you have a 3D compatible blu ray player and -expensive- shutter glasses.

Your some what right, the problem is that HDTVs unlike monitors don't always allow a input single as high as the LCD panel itself in the TV can support. AFAIK the ZV650U only allows a 1080p at 60Hz or 24Hz. When i had the 47ZV650U i had an nvidia GPU witch did 3D hooked up to the TV via HDMI & the highest that it would go to at 1080 was 60Hz so no 3D

I really dont get why any one would make a display with a panel that is running at 120Hz but not allow the input signals to be the same

O WAIT..... i know why they did that with HDTVs.. They want YOU to you buy all the new models coming out in the next few mouths

Follow the $$$$$ when you dont understand some thing & then most of the time is makes sense
post #1227 of 1395 Old 03-21-2010, 09:32 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Just spent the weekend at my sister's messing around (in a good way) with her week-old Toshiba 55ZV650U. Tested a bunch of old videogame systems (SNES, Genesis, 3DO, Saturn, etc.), new one's (XBox 360 and PS3), a laptop (HDMI and VGA), high-def media (HD-DVD, Blu-ray) along with standard definition (DVD) and HD cable.

Only problem is I didn't get to do too much adjusting or calibrating of the TV's default settings because my sister (and her hubby) like the way the TV looks out of the box. Got the TV looking much better than the default settings but, before coming back home, they had me set everything back the way it was. Took a bunch of pictures (over 300) with a 12 year-old digital camera and now have to go through them to pick the better one's that show off the ZV650U as accurately as it looked to me. Here's a sample of what I did for my own HDTV, an Olevia 747i, that I tried to replicate with my sister's 55ZV650U: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...4#post10008014

Give me a couple of days and I'll share my thoughts (and pics) of the ZV650U in action.
post #1228 of 1395 Old 03-22-2010, 03:30 AM

Quote:

Your some what right, the problem is that HDTVs unlike monitors don't always allow a input single as high as the LCD panel itself in the TV can support. AFAIK the ZV650U only allows a 1080p at 60Hz or 24Hz. When i had the 47ZV650U i had an nvidia GPU witch did 3D hooked up to the TV via HDMI & the highest that it would go to at 1080 was 60Hz so no 3D

I really dont get why any one would make a display with a panel that is running at 120Hz but not allow the input signals to be the same

O WAIT..... i know why they did that with HDTVs.. They want YOU to you buy all the new models coming out in the next few mouths

Follow the $$$$$ when you dont understand some thing & then most of the time is makes sense

I think that is a driver limitation or a connection issue. I have the same problem when connecting to the PC via HDMI, I am stuck at 1080p @ 60Hz even though my HDTV is 240Hz but if a 3D Blu-Ray player gets released I don't why a 120Hz or a 240Hz won't support it. I think they will support it 100%.

But knowing these companies they rather you buy new 3D model HDTV's.

IMO Stay away from this 3D garbage all together, not worth it right now, let the market choose which route to take before forking out $$$$$$ for 3D. Then once we know if and when 3D is the next wave then invest in it if you choose. But for me, no thank U I am quite happy with plain old 1080p 24Hz/60Hz/120Hz/240Hz
post #1229 of 1395 Old 03-22-2010, 06:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Does it really matter if a PC only runs at 60Hz in 1080p when connected to the ZV650U with HDMI? Given that (a) the VGA resolution on the ZV650U is gimped, (b) most HDTV manufacturers don't go out of their way to advertise their product as 'PC/Mac friendly' (so that their customer service reps don't get overwhelmed with computer-related questions) and (c) computers-connected-to-HDTV performances are all over the place (works in some, not in others), shouldn't we be glad when a computer works at 1080p on this HDTV (even if it's "only" 60Hz)?
post #1230 of 1395 Old 03-22-2010, 07:50 AM

Trying to understand the limitations of 120Hz - If I hookup a Blu-Ray player with 1080P to the LCD with either component or HDMI it will [b]NOT[b] be displayed with 120Hz? I won't get the hyper-real soap opera effect with the Blu-Ray player? I looked at the display a Costco the other day with my kids and they liked it best but also liked the soap opera effect of some of the other TVs. Will this effect be present while viewing normal HD broadcast from an Comcast HD cable box? At Costco I couldn't tell if the display was set so it would remove that look or if the ZV650 is not capable of the soap opera effect. Thanks
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page