Official Samsung LNxxB750 Owners Thread - Page 246 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #7351 of 7369 Old 01-21-2012, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My set has stopped powering on. The red light remains solid. I have pulled the back off to inspect the capacitors on the power supply. I do not see and bulging/failure. Has anyone run into this?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7352 of 7369 Old 01-24-2012, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 835 Post(s)
Liked: 555
I have the LN46B750 and just bought a new UN55D8000 and I have to say that I am not impressed with the UN55D8000 anymore! I put the 750 in my bedroom which is a little darker and the picture IMO is just as good as the D8000! Two years and still going strong! I have had the buzzing since day 1, just thought that it was part of the set!
post #7353 of 7369 Old 01-25-2012, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukewald View Post

My set has stopped powering on. The red light remains solid. I have pulled the back off to inspect the capacitors on the power supply. I do not see and bulging/failure. Has anyone run into this?

Thank you

Stupid questions, but sometimes the things are simpler than they look, so: Is your remote working? Have you tried to powering the TV using the front panel?
post #7354 of 7369 Old 01-29-2012, 11:45 AM

I have a TiVo, a blu-ray player, and a Wii connected to my LN40B750. The first two are connected by HDMI and the Wii is connected by component video and R/L two-channel audio.

I'm looking to get a 2.1 soundbar (small room and I don't have a need (or the place) for 5.1). And I'd like to have a digital audio connection to the soundbar instead of analog.

Ideally I'd like to drive the soundbar from the TV -- that way no matter what the audio/video source was (TiVo, player, Wii, playing media from the USB port on the TV, etc.) the audio output would go through the soundbar (instead of having to switch the various sources into the soundbar).

For 2.1, is that feasible? Will the TV provide 2.1 digital output when the A/V signal is coming from another device? (Will it even provide 2.1 in any form, or merely plain old two channel stereo)?
post #7355 of 7369 Old 04-11-2012, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
I need to get a mount for the tv to get it away from my son Mr.Curious. Which of the several mounts from Monoprice would anyone recommend?
post #7356 of 7369 Old 04-24-2012, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Does anyone know if this mount will work?

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2
post #7357 of 7369 Old 04-28-2012, 04:51 PM

^^^ Any mount that can hold 46" TV should work. You have to decide on the features and check the reviews on the Monoprice's site. It looks like the mount you linked to has got nice reviews, but make sure you read the worst ones to see what people are complaint about and whether it is relevant to you. Also, you can contact Monoprice with any questions you have - they were very helpful any time I needed some information about a product they are selling.

Hope this helps.
post #7358 of 7369 Old 07-21-2012, 01:05 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukewald View Post

Thank you

Hi Dukewald, I know it is much later than you originally posted asking about the issue with your tv not powering up, but I did not see any further replies than the basic check the power and remote answer. To belatedly reply to your question or for anyone else who may have B750 that exhibits the issues you mention I hope my experience can be helpful.

I actually just had this problem occur about two weeks ago. I'll give you a short rundown so you can maybe compare to your own experiences.

I happened to be sitting down and introducing my five year son to the glory and the folly of the Star Wars universe. Although not my favorite, I threw in Phantom Menace thinking that for a five year old this would be a decent place to start and not as dark as A New Hope or Empire. My son was a bit tense when the Trade Federation decided to end negotiations with the Supreme Chancellor's representative, but was glad to see them escape to the surface of Naboo. Everything (with the tv) was fine until the invasion of Naboo. At the exact moment, and I kid you not, THE EXACT MOMENT that Jar Jar barrels into Qui-Gon an enormous bolt of electricity (not unlock the Emperor's dark energy that he tortures Luke with in Ep. 6) stretched out of the top of the tv to the ceiling and a very short time later we heard an equally loud popping sound. The screen went to black and all we had was the solid red power light.

I went through the normal routine of checking the surge protector, swapping surge protectors, plugging in and unplugging the tv, etc. without any luck of a change of state for the tv. This is when I really began to freak out and panic. My only focal point being my renewed hatred of Jar Jar for not only ruining the best space epic of all times, but also for causing the downfall of my B750 Series 52 inch. Here is clear evidence that Jar Jar's clumsiness extends well beyond the vivid mind of Mr. Lucas.

Later, much later, after many exhausting hours that must have been at least as long as Solo's run to Kessel, I found an exchange between a soul experiencing similar issues with his tv and a helpful tech.
http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/5yexd-samsung-ln52b750-tv-2-1-2-yrs-old-just.html

Once I was finished reading and re-reading the exchange I decided to unmount my tv, remove the back, and compare my tv to the symptoms noted. Since my symptoms were not exactly like the other fellows, I was more interested in the steps needed to troubleshoot what might be the issue. What seems to be common (several articles, plus DIY videos on youtube) is that the power supply board capacitors eventually wear out and quit. One of the symptoms is that the power light flashes and the back lighting for the tv does not power on.

Just for orientation purposes when you take the back off the tv there are two boards approximately 12 inches by 12 inches. One on the right (the power supply board) and one on the left (the main board). I looked over the power supply board and I did not see any capacitors that looked to be bloated, leaking, etc.so I was not sure that this was my issue. I was able to test this by unplugging the white ribbon cable that connects the power supply to the main board ONLY on the main board side. I left the cable connected on the power supply in order to test jumpering pins as needed to try and power on the board. It turns out that it was not necessary for me to jumper anything as just unplugging the cable was enough that when I plugged the tv back into the wall outlet I heard one relay click and the backlighting came on. I figured that meant the power supply board was good to go. If it were a power supply capacitor issue I did not think the relay would be able to switch and stay on. I'm not an electrician, electrical engineer, or electrical hobbyist, so I definitely could be wrong in my thinking.

Next I moved on to the mainboard as being the potential issue. I unscrewed the four screws that held the board on and picked it up from the frame. As soon as I picked it up I could see char/carbon on the metal frame of the tv and the underneath side of the circuit board had a charred area about the size of a nickel directly on the other side of the ethernet jack. I now suspect that clumsy b*st*rd struck by going through the network cable I had attached to the tv.

Now the hard part. If you are able to diagnose this as the issue good luck trying to find a place online that sells them (and actually has them in stock). These boards are more elusive than the location of the rebel base. It wasn't as if I were looking for a hold full of Kaiburr crystals.

I ended up ordering one from this place in California: http://tvserviceparts.com/LN52B750U1FXZA.html. There website stated the part was in stock, but after I ordered it turns out the part actually was not in stock. The shipment was delayed but eventually did ship a week later than planned. Honestly though, I don't think it's worth getting the Hutts involved. One week delay isn't really worthy of a lifetime in carbonite or a date with a Rancor. None the less, it was a bit frustrating to wait for an in-stock part to be in-stock enough to ship.

I actually just received the part today and installed it. It was ridiculously simple that I can't imagine how much I would have paid someone to do this for me. There wasn't a better sound that I heard today than the factory setting chime informing that all of my custom settings no longer existed but that I would have a picture to look forward to the rest of my night. The settings deal is actually why I happened to be visiting this thread that I haven't looked at in many months. I used the custom settings that a few folks here recommend and I happened to run across your posting.

Now with all that written, I don't know if my issue is your issue, but I think/hope you'll find the first link provided useful in trying to troubleshoot your symptoms. If it is the same or if you can narrow it down to a different component then the second link would be a place I would recommend. Other than the small delay, the part shipped on time on the revised date, it was well packaged, and it worked.

FYI, just in case you would like to know, the part I ended up replacing was the BN94-02585B. There seem to be other interchangeable parts recommended, but I don't know if they will end up working so you may want to ask whomever you order from if they can confirm the alternative part works the same as the original.

Take care and good luck,

Josh
post #7359 of 7369 Old 07-23-2012, 03:46 PM

I have had my LN52B750 a little over 3 years and it has been great and continues to display a great picture. I am now considering moving up to a 60 inch model but do not want 3D or even the all the new SMART features. However I do require equal to or better overall picture quality. Does anyone have any suggestions for a new 60" Samsung model that fits this requirement. I have looked at all the models on their website but cannot tell if they are as good as my B750. Thanks.
post #7360 of 7369 Old 07-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

I'm not sure about the picture being "equal" but I saw a Toshiba 65" at Wall Mart that looked great. Only $1299 and 120hz. That's outastanding for a 65 inch set. It is LCD, not LED however.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Toshiba-65-LCD-1080p-120-Hz-HDTV-65HT2U/19205890

"If at first you don't succeed......reboot"
B630/B640/B650 Owners Manual
post #7361 of 7369 Old 07-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Advanced Member

post #7362 of 7369 Old 09-30-2012, 01:56 PM

I have a 52lnb750 and when using PIP is there anyway to toggle back and forth between images and make the pip image the primary image and vice versa from the remote. Watching two football games this would be desirable.

Thanks
post #7363 of 7369 Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 AM

Hi all,

Started having this problem with my LN52B750 TV... please see picture.

Basically a colored vertical line showing on the screen. One day it was totally gone for like half-hour then it came back and now i actually have another line on the bottom right. Sometimes you only see this line, sometimes there are more of them.

I would like to know what component might be causing the issue so i can potentially buy a replacement and re-install. The TV is overseas so a technician might not work here. Should i call Samsung about the problem? Knowing what the problem might be ahead of time might help me solve this faster. Thanks in advance.

post #7364 of 7369 Old 02-08-2014, 11:00 AM

Sorry for bumping up an old thread.
I've had this TV for quite a while and it's been a dream until recently when I put the TV on for the first time in the day it reboots a number of times. At first it was 3 reboots and now it's up to around 10. Once the reboot cycle is finished the TV works fine.
post #7365 of 7369 Old 02-08-2014, 11:42 AM

Liked: 11
Mine does four sometimes five flashes of the red power indicator.
It's a known problem. Seems easy to fix by a reasonably knowledgeable DIYr.

http://www.justanswer.com/tv-repair/5yexd-samsung-ln52b750-tv-2-1-2-yrs-old-just.html
I may start leaving mine unplugged when not in service.
post #7366 of 7369 Old 02-10-2014, 03:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entech View Post

Mine does four sometimes five flashes of the red power indicator.
It's a known problem. Seems easy to fix by a reasonably knowledgeable DIYr.

I may start leaving mine unplugged when not in service.

Does the set, plugged in and turned off, cause enough heat to eventually damage the capacitors?
post #7367 of 7369 Old 02-13-2014, 09:20 AM

Nope.
post #7368 of 7369 Old 02-13-2014, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entech View Post

Nope.

Then why leave it unplugged when not in service?
post #7369 of 7369 Old 02-13-2014, 10:41 AM

All devices have a specified life span.
Plus the pathetic design of under-specifying parts is a recipe for service.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays