Extended Warranty vs Protection Plan - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 05-04-2009, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well they can be good and bad . I have seen many folks come in the store and get the money they paid for a tv 2 or 3 years ago towards a new one.

I myself got a samsung lnt 4061 that is now having problems 8 months after the mfg passed. I am getting the panel, motherboard and power supply replaced and still will have 2 years left on it

I see post all over the net about problems with tvs right after the mfgs warranty has ended and how they are so mad the makers of the sets are bad cause they will not fix it for free.

Also if you read the fine print yes if they give you back the money or replace the tv you have to buy another plan after all you tv died and they paid out . New tv and you need a new plan .

If you buy say a ipod your better off geeting the plan from best buy as apple does not cover any type of water damage at all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 05-05-2009, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
It also has to depend on how much is it. Sears want me to pay $350 for 3 yr. They make a lost selling me this TV.

For $90 for 2 yrs done by Sony, I think its alright.
post #33 of 35 Old 05-05-2009, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Whatever you do, if you buy an Extended Warranty or a Protection Plan, only buy it from the manufacturer and never from the store! Those warranties may be worse than worthless, and they may actually mess up your set rather than fixing it (or maybe do a little of both). These are big moneymakers for the stores, but may only provide service by incompetent technicians.
post #34 of 35 Old 05-05-2009, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chong67 View Post

It also has to depend on how much is it. Sears want me to pay $350 for 3 yr. They make a lost selling me this TV.

For $90 for 2 yrs done by Sony, I think its alright.

Whoever told you they were "making a loss" selling you the TV was LYING, telling untruths, fibbing, etc. That is a BASIC sales tactic to make YOU feel better about spending the additional dollars.

$90 from mfg for a v5100 is a reasonable amount.

From time to time, the Gene Pool could use a little chlorine ...
post #35 of 35 Old 07-06-2013, 10:16 AM

tongue.gif Sears does offer a protection plan which is way different than an extended warranty. It covers everything inside and out for the term of the plan (which is 3-5 years). What makes it different from extended warranties and better than any other competitor out their is :
1) Their is no fine print...if it breaks or you think it is not working properly-you call service and they come to your home to fix it, up to three fixes, and on the fourth fix it is considered a "lemon" and you get it replaced with the same thing or something comparable.
2) The protection plan offers yearly maintenance. Every year for the term of your plan your sales person will call to remind you to call for maintenance. This is where you benefit the most. If the repair man sees anything going bad it is fixed before it does break---PEACE OF MIND!
3) Their are so many benefits to having a protection plan rather than a warranty...come to Sears and talk with a sales associate and have them explain it all to you. It truley is the best on the market --- second to none.
4) Their is no limit on things. If you get a TV replaced due to not being able to be fixed after a year and your plan is for 3 years, your plan will transfer to the new product so that you don't lose any of the coverage that you paid for. It is awesome to get your monies worth out of your products and it really does extend their life.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page