Official "Help Me Choose a LCD TV" Thread: Can't Decide? Start Here. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-28-2009, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
After many months of reading and posting in the LCD forum here at AVS, I have come to conclude two things. 1. We sure do love our LCD's and their related quirks. And 2. People come here daily asking which TV they should buy for the money that they have, without even searching if a guy 20 minutes ago asked the same thing. In a quick glance at just the front page of the forum there are anywhere between 1 and 5 threads all dedicated to price shopping and opinions on which is better. Why are these questions not directed into the threads about the specific TV's up for discussion I am not sure. But it appears posters would like to call out their own specific shopping dilemma, even if someone two days ago did the exact same comparison. While this is good for the OP, it definately fills the board with multiple repeat generic threads of help me buy a TV. After taking a closer look at the BD player forum, I thought the LCD forum could take a few notes in the clearing up the clutter department. The change that occurred over there that I like the most is the thread entitled: Official Help Me Choose a Player Thread: Can't decide? Start Here. All discussions on helping a person chose a BD player go in this thread. No ifs, ands, or buts. Now you don't see 5 separate threads all asking the same help me spend my money. The real question is, would the LCD community be in support of a similar thread. I can't see a reason it shouldn't and therefore I have asked the moderators to consider making this a sticky (we will see what they do, and how the community feels of course). So, welcome to the Official Help Me Choose a LCD TV Thread: Can't Decide? Start Here. May those that need help, get the help they need, without redundency.

PSN ID: dogdoctor
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page