post #181 of 752 Old 08-14-2009, 10:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamg (Ret-Navy) View Post

Barometer,

Yes and No. I was able to calibrate out the flash lighting to a degree. With my current settings I have minimal flash lighting, not noticeable. I have very minor dark bleed from the four corners. Again, very minor and only noticeable in bright full screen frames. Please keep in mind that I am novice and perhaps my expectations are not as high as others. IMO every set I looked at had some minor PQ issues that were obvious when you looked for them. So comparatively speaking these minor PQ issues were acceptable to me.

When I received this set and before I had purchased the Oppo calibration disk I did call Samsung and discussed the PQ issues. They decided to send out a repair Tech. The repair tech called and we discussed the issues. He never came out to see the set and diagnosed the set over the phone by what I told him. He ordered some parts and we are waiting on them now.

In the mean time, I received the Oppo disk and proceed to calibrate the set. While I am now satisfied with the PQ, actually elated with it, I am eager to see what the Sammy Tech intends to do. Will he be able to improve the PQ?

I will report back once they come and do whatever it is they intend to do.

On a side note, I found the Samsung Customer Support folks to be more then accommodating. The Support Rep basically said, once we service your set and you are still not satisfied, as my 30 day return period has passed waiting on parts, we will ensure you get a set you like in trade or permit an extended return policy. So, they have made me happy with the opportunity to fix the set or exchange it for another set. Again, this is what I understood they said. I don't know exactly what will happen if I call them on this offer.

Regards,
Adamg

************Update 14 Aug 2009*****************

Well the Samsung local Technician arrived today. Once I explained the dark corners and flash lighting issues he said I can't fix this set. He went on to explain that this is a latent defect in this model TV. He has tried on previous sets to remedy this and no matter what he has done it can't be fixed. He said some people notice and most don't. Has to do with how they designed the Edge Light dispersion. It seems the light waves are building up in the corners and not getting properly dispersed. Something like that. Please don't call me on technical details. I am doing the best I can to recall his exact wording when explaining to me the issue. I did ask him to document this for me and he said he would have the Home Office send me a copy of his findings. He was resistant to give me anything in writing when he was here.

He never broke out tool one, or even touched the set to do any adjustments. Now I am waiting for him to get back to his office so he can update the Samsung service system with his findings. I will call Samsung directly to see where we go from here once I know the computer system has been updated.

I will report back when new information is available.

Regards,
Adamg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 752 Old 08-14-2009, 12:55 PM

I'm considering buying the 55" B8000. But we watch quite a bit of standard definition TV (e.g. PBS). I know some HD sets are better than others in terms of SD performance.

How does the B8000 compare to other LCD sets? If not well, what are the best sets for SD? Thanks for any advice.
post #183 of 752 Old 08-14-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post

I'm considering buying the 55" B8000. But we watch quite a bit of standard definition TV (e.g. PBS). I know some HD sets are better than others in terms of SD performance.

How does the B8000 compare to other LCD sets? If not well, what are the best sets for SD? Thanks for any advice.

Paul,

In my opinion the 8000 does a great job. Better than most. However, I feel compelled to advise you that Standard Definition source material displayed on a Large Screen HDTV is not going to look very good. Your taking a low quality picture and blowing it up so much that the imperfections and lack of clarity and definition is magnified. In some cases, depending on the source (Standard TV broadcast over the air, or a DVD Player) you may have the capability to up-convert the picture. Many DVD players or BluRay players do up-convert and the up-converted picture is really really good. But the over the Air stuff simply looks horrible.

Since everything is now moving in the HD direction, I certainly would not advise you to purchase a Standard Def TV right now.

I hope this was of some help in answering your questions.

Regards,
Adamg
post #184 of 752 Old 08-14-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:

Well the Samsung local Technician arrived today. Once I explained the dark corners and flash lighting issues he said I can't fix this set. He went on to explain that this is a latent defect in this model TV. He has tried on previous sets to remedy this and no matter what he has done it can't be fixed. He said some people notice and most don't. Has to do with how they designed the Edge Light dispersion. It seems the light waves are building up in the corners and not getting properly dispersed. Something like that. Please don't call me on technical details. I am doing the best I can to recall his exact wording when explaining to me the issue. I did ask him to document this for me and he said he would have the Home Office send me a copy of his findings. He was resistant to give me anything in writing when he was here.

He never broke out tool one, or even touched the set to do any adjustments. Now I am waiting for him to get back to his office so he can update the Samsung service system with his findings. I will call Samsung directly to see where we go from here once I know the computer system has been updated.

Very interesting. I'm not (very) technical, but I figured edge-lighting had to involve turning the light 90 degrees, and the larger the set, the harder that is to do consistently. I have a friend with a 46" set and they have no issues. Every 55" set I look at in BB has problems in the corners (but they probably have not been calibrated).

I certainly hope they resolve this to your satisfaction.

I'm anxious to see the 8500 Series next month. I'm guessing, from all I've read about Samsung, the clouding/flashlighting will be a thing of the past, the set will not buzz, but some new problem will crop up that causes 30% of new owners to return the set!!

Thanks for the update.
post #185 of 752 Old 08-14-2009, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullll View Post

Personally, and I went through this mental exercise, I would not base a buying decision of this magnitude on SD source. I know there are still a lot of SD channels right now, but I think you will have the TV a lot longer than SD will be the default source material. I plan on seeing how it looks, and if I can't live with the SD PQ on those few channels that don't offer HD, I'll buy a new HT receiver with an upconverter.
post #186 of 752 Old 08-15-2009, 11:06 PM

Quote:

******************Update 15 Aug 09*****************

After many hours and transfers, hang-ups and disconnects on the phone with Samsung Customer Support I was finally offered a trade in. As an interesting side note. I was transfered to their Executive Customer Support Team. I guess these are the folks who have the authority to make actual decisions, as everyone before them could not. Once I made it to this level of Customer Support at no time did they argue the "Latent Defect" issue with the 8000. I expected them to argue this point but they did not. Perhaps they are aware of this problem.

I was offered two options for trade. The rest of our conversation was via email exchange.

I won't post what Tv sets they offered, only to say both were worth many hundreds of dollars less than the 8000. One fo the sets is worth half what I paid. I requested two different sets, that I would accept as trades, both from their Plasma line. I was told they don't have either in stock. I felt pressured to settle for one of their original offered sets. Again, if I chose either of those, I would be making a major trade down in quality and technology. Not to mention value.

I refused to take "One of the sets they had in stock" I mean this is Samsung right? I asked "Can you order the set I want, I am willing to wait for it?" The reply was amazing to say the least. I quote. " We are Samsung it's not as simple as ordering you a unit, we have to wait on the production of more units. We have none in stock."

I also asked if I do accept one of the lower and cheaper units in trade what happens to the money value difference? I never received an answer to this question. It remains to be seen how this will be handled, but the lack of a reply to my question makes me doubtful I would get any type of refund.

At present we finally reached an agreement to wait a week or two and they will check inventory again to see what may or may not be available???

I am not optimistic that this is going to produce a fair and reasonable outcome. This is Samsung and they can't order a set from their own factory?

As before I will post any updates when I have new information to share.

Regards,
Adamg
post #187 of 752 Old 08-15-2009, 11:29 PM

I would specify a 8500 as the only acceptable replacement. They should be out in 2-3 weeks. If they offered a lesser tv and a monetary refund, I'd roll a 52B750. Curious as to why you decided to go plasma?
post #188 of 752 Old 08-15-2009, 11:41 PM

I concur on the 8500, but according to Samsung they are not in production? Hey, I am just telling you what they told me.

I made the rash decision to go plasma in haste. Try to understand the position I am in here. Anyhow, I am not willing to sacrifice PQ all other things being equal, Sammys line of LCDs, well I already have the best they make, so not really any options left in that line. So, Sammy does have some nice Plasmas that I would be very happy with as a replacement. All of which are less expensive models BTW.

Regards,
Adamg
post #189 of 752 Old 08-15-2009, 11:55 PM

Is it possible they can locate a 950 for you? That's my dream TV. Seems to have the least amount of problems of all Sammy's produced in the last 2-3 years. You'd lose the super thin design but you'd get arguably the best LCD produced to date.
post #190 of 752 Old 08-16-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:

I concur on the 8500, but according to Samsung they are not in production? Hey, I am just telling you what they told me.

I made the rash decision to go plasma in haste. Try to understand the position I am in here. Anyhow, I am not willing to sacrifice PQ all other things being equal, Sammys line of LCDs, well I already have the best they make, so not really any options left in that line. So, Sammy does have some nice Plasmas that I would be very happy with as a replacement. All of which are less expensive models BTW.

It appears Samsung would only offer you sets they have in stock, which is the path of least resistance to them. Obviously, it doesn't help you one iota because you bought a Lexus and they are offering a Camry as a "like-kind" trade.

You are not obligated to settle for anything less than what you paid for.

I would press for a return/refund, and you can do what you want with the money. If you want to trade down to those other sets, fine. Buy it yourself and keep the extra cash. Me personally, I would trade up to the new -8500.

PS - I'm not sure the B-Series plasmas would be problem-free. If you haven't already, check out the Samsung B-Series Buzz Thread before rolling the dice on those sets. I would be extremely wary of any B-Series plasma they have in stock, because tons have been returned for buzzing and there are reports of Samsung recycling them to consumers without fixing them.
post #191 of 752 Old 08-16-2009, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the advice regarding SD sources and all the other great non-biased discussion on this site from experienced, non-biased owners.

So I went ahead and bought the 55" B8000 with my eyes open. Sears had a sale this afternoon at $2308 and it just seemed to good to pass up. Once I pick it up Wed will be referring to all the great posts here regarding calibration and getting the most out of it.
post #192 of 752 Old 08-16-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullll View Post

Thanks for the advice regarding SD sources and all the other great non-biased discussion on this site from experienced, non-biased owners.

So I went ahead and bought the 55" B8000 with my eyes open. Sears had a sale this afternoon at $2308 and it just seemed to good to pass up. Once I pick it up Wed will be referring to all the great posts here regarding calibration and getting the most out of it.

That is a great price!!! Congrats!
post #193 of 752 Old 08-20-2009, 06:50 PM

Sorry for the repeat but I posted on the 6000 - 8000 series before I saw this one.

BB delivered my 55B8000 today! It looks great and I don't see any clouding, flashing, or dark corners. I also picked up the Sammie P4600 Blu ray.

Now for the calabiration part...

Firmware is 2009/06/09_001010
post #194 of 752 Old 08-22-2009, 09:57 PM

I am sure that some of you guys have a Bose Lifestyle system hooked up along with your B8000's but I was wondering a few things about hooking it up to this LCD. As you may know the B8000 has an optical output and as of now I have my PS3 on hdmi port 1 and xbox360 on port 2. When I hook up my V30 should I put both of those connections onto the Bose media center then have it output from the media center for one hdmi connection to the tv? My other option is to leave it as it is now and just use an optical from the LCD and put it into one input on the Bose system and just use that one input for all my audio. But does the optical from the Samsung still at full surround sound or is it downgraded back to 2.0 sound? I am sure that the hdmi coming from the PS3 and Xbox360 carry both the 1080p video as well as the 5.1 + sound to the tv originally.
post #195 of 752 Old 08-24-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenkha View Post

I am sure that some of you guys have a Bose Lifestyle system hooked up along with your B8000's but I was wondering a few things about hooking it up to this LCD. As you may know the B8000 has an optical output and as of now I have my PS3 on hdmi port 1 and xbox360 on port 2. When I hook up my V30 should I put both of those connections onto the Bose media center then have it output from the media center for one hdmi connection to the tv? My other option is to leave it as it is now and just use an optical from the LCD and put it into one input on the Bose system and just use that one input for all my audio. But does the optical from the Samsung still at full surround sound or is it downgraded back to 2.0 sound? I am sure that the hdmi coming from the PS3 and Xbox360 carry both the 1080p video as well as the 5.1 + sound to the tv originally.

Steven,

If your Bose has enough HDMI inputs to handle your video gear, then I would run my HDMI to the Bose then one HDMI to the TV. I would use a well know Blu Ray movie to test this set up. Try it each way and check to see if you lose any PQ by running the video signal through the Bose System. One thing to consider. You may lose some Audio codex decoding abilities by connecting directly to the TV.

Regards,
Adamg
post #196 of 752 Old 08-26-2009, 12:59 PM

Yeah I just ended up running from the Bose media console and then to the TV because I could not get dolby digital 5.1 running to the tv then optical to the Bose unit but I could when I worked through the Bose then to TV for my Xbox.
post #197 of 752 Old 08-26-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:

******************Update 15 Aug 09*****************

After many hours and transfers, hang-ups and disconnects on the phone with Samsung Customer Support I was finally offered a trade in. As an interesting side note. I was transfered to their Executive Customer Support Team. I guess these are the folks who have the authority to make actual decisions, as everyone before them could not. Once I made it to this level of Customer Support at no time did they argue the "Latent Defect" issue with the 8000. I expected them to argue this point but they did not. Perhaps they are aware of this problem.

I was offered two options for trade. The rest of our conversation was via email exchange.

I won't post what Tv sets they offered, only to say both were worth many hundreds of dollars less than the 8000. One for the sets is worth half what I paid. I requested two different sets, that I would accept as trades, both from their Plasma line. I was told they don't have either in stock. I felt pressured to settle for one of their original offered sets. Again, if I chose either of those, I would be making a major trade down in quality and technology. Not to mention value.

I refused to take "One of the sets they had in stock" I mean this is Samsung right? I asked "Can you order the set I want, I am willing to wait for it?" The reply was amazing to say the least. I quote. " We are Samsung it's not as simple as ordering you a unit, we have to wait on the production of more units. We have none in stock."

I also asked if I do accept one of the lower and cheaper units in trade what happens to the money value difference? I never received an answer to this question. It remains to be seen how this will be handled, but the lack of a reply to my question makes me doubtful I would get any type of refund.

At present we finally reached an agreement to wait a week or two and they will check inventory again to see what may or may not be available???

I am not optimistic that this is going to produce a fair and reasonable outcome. This is Samsung and they can't order a set from their own factory?

As before I will post any updates when I have new information to share.

***************Update as of 24 Aug 2009****************

I am not very satisfied with Samsung Support. After I refused the Lower scale TV replacement options they have gone mute. They don't reply to emails now, nor do they seem to return phone calls. I had higher expectations for this company whom in the past has had a greater sense of Customer Satisfaction. You would think in this economy, Samsung would be working overtime to keep their customer base and earn good word of mouth.

The final offer from Samsung was to replace the set with an identical model.

It just so happens that I did buy a Second party Full Service Warranty. I decided to give them a call and see what can be done from their perspective. They sent out a technician and he agreed this problem can not be easily fixed (New PCU card or LED Control unit). They have ordered a new Panel. It will take two weeks to arrive. So, that is the course I am now following. If the new panel can remove or reduce, to an acceptable level, the dark corners I will be happy with this set.

Again I will post an update once the panel is replaced.

Regards,
Adamg
post #198 of 752 Old 08-28-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haasmi View Post

Longtime lurker, first time poster.

I purchased my 55" Samsung 8000 series TV about a month ago and also bought the ultra slim wall mount(WMN100B) to mount it above the fireplace.

I temporarily hung the TV with the wires running across the walls, just to see what the TV would look like. I have noticed that occasionally, the entire screen will turn white, but after I move the TV a little bit on the wall, the picture will come back.

I am using HDMI cables to connect my TV to my Directv HD box and also to connect my TV to my media PC. This happens consistently if I am using either the PC input or the Satellite input.

Could the ultra slim wall mount be causing the HDMI cables not to get a good connection?

I want to hide the wires behind the walls, but I would want to get a new mount if this particular mount doesn't work well with the TV.

Any help/ideas are much appreciated

Hi guys, new member just reviewing some comments here. Im a happy owner of sammy UN46B8000 almost one month ago.

A question, when you install the wall mount did you put the bottom cover on tv?

Because had the same issue but i was using the stand base, the image will turn white when i was moving the tv, like pushing back and forward of the top, so I called Samsung support and a tech came and checked the tv, he told me that i used wrong screw while attaching the stand base, cos the middle one should be shorter than the one i was using, so he only changed the screw for shorter one and magically the white image disappeared and now works perfect even if i move the tv.

So, if you use the bottom cover maybe you put some wrong screw on the tv and maybe be causing the same problem. I dont know how samsung miss something like this but it works for me , so try it.
post #199 of 752 Old 09-01-2009, 12:46 PM

Hello Everyone,

I've had the Un46B8000 for about a month now and I'm very happy with this unit. I haven't calibrated it yet but I plan on it.

My question is about the remote controlling of the unit. I'm trying to set up just basic on and off of the tv using a Sony programmable remote. I have a Sony Blue Ray player and a Sony audio unit, both only a couple months old, and a Comcast DVR.

I've tried every 3 digit Samsung code for TV's in the manual that came Sony audio unit but none of them will turn the tv on or off. I'm fairly technical but this is giving me quite the run around.

I think I read somewhere that most remotes are IR and the Sammy remote is RF. If it is strickly a RF signal between the tv and the remote, then I guess you can't program a IR remote to control the tv. I know they have some univeral remotes that do both IR and RF, but they are quite expensive that I've seen.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I just want to turn the Samsung off and on using the Sony remote.

Thanks for your help.
post #200 of 752 Old 09-01-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarris214 View Post

Hmmm....... tell me one thing I have said that isn't true? I haven't said anything negative or untrue. I didn't say there was an error in any tv's I have bought. Just weren't for me. Never have I told anyone not to buy anything. You are full of it if you think I have. I used to be loyal Sony buyer but their products are disappointing to me but I never said to anyone never buy anything or gave any negative remarks that were not true or reported by others.

I had a UN46B7100 but the price dropped like $500 and I went to Best Buy to get the differance back and my friend told me he could get me the B8000 early so only then did I return it, otherwise I would have kept the 7100.

I could care less what your opinion is. Get a life and stop harassing people.

I too am a loyal Sony buyer but these Samsumgs look better and better. Especially with the 8500 series coming out soon. Just curious is there more heat coming from these units since they are thinner or would you say same or less?? I have a Sony 52XBR5 and me thinks its time to UPGRADE!!!!!
post #201 of 752 Old 09-01-2009, 02:26 PM

I am looking to buy a new HDTV and am on the fence over a few models..have posted in a few other threads.

I have a question on the un55b8000....I was told that due to the edge lit LED's there is a notable "halo" effect on the screen...meaning the screen gets darker as it gets to the middle.

I would appreaciate anyone owning a set to give me feedback...
post #202 of 752 Old 09-01-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:

***************Update as of 24 Aug 2009****************

I am not very satisfied with Samsung Support. After I refused the Lower scale TV replacement options they have gone mute. They don't reply to emails now, nor do they seem to return phone calls. I had higher expectations for this company whom in the past has had a greater sense of Customer Satisfaction. You would think in this economy, Samsung would be working overtime to keep their customer base and earn good word of mouth.

The final offer from Samsung was to replace the set with an identical model.

It just so happens that I did buy a Second party Full Service Warranty. I decided to give them a call and see what can be done from their perspective. They sent out a technician and he agreed this problem can not be easily fixed (New PCU card or LED Control unit). They have ordered a new Panel. It will take two weeks to arrive. So, that is the course I am now following. If the new panel can remove or reduce, to an acceptable level, the dark corners I will be happy with this set.

Again I will post an update once the panel is replaced.

+++++++++++++Update as of 01 Sept 2009+++++++++++++++++++++++++

The Techs replaced the entire Panel today. As soon as I turned the set on, the Tech said "There it is, I'll be damned" as he pointed to the corners. So, replacing the panel did not correct the problem. IMO the corner darkness is slightly worse now. The Tech documented the problem as an Inherent defect in the corners of the screen with regard to this type/model TV. I do not yet know what the next step will be, but they know I am not satisfied at present. I was told they will contact me by Friday at the latest. As before, I will update when I have new information to share.

Regards,
Adamg
post #203 of 752 Old 09-01-2009, 02:38 PM

Phatboy,

No Halo effect that I have noticed. Before or after calibration.

Regards,
Adamg
post #204 of 752 Old 09-01-2009, 04:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

I would have to agree...No halo effect that I can see.

John Marty
AXXIS AUDIO
AVS FORUM SPONSOR
post #205 of 752 Old 09-02-2009, 04:27 AM

Thanks for the quick feedback!!
post #206 of 752 Old 09-02-2009, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatboy64 View Post

I am looking to buy a new HDTV and am on the fence over a few models..have posted in a few other threads.

I have a question on the un55b8000....I was told that due to the edge lit LED's there is a notable "halo" effect on the screen...meaning the screen gets darker as it gets to the middle.

I would appreaciate anyone owning a set to give me feedback...

None here either. I have the 7100 55 inch. I also have the dark corners. Since his panel replacement didnt fix them i'm going to assume it is just an artifact of how the tv makes the picture. I'm going to learn to live with them as I dont notice them 99% of the time. Just make sure you have them show a full screen in the store room. If the blue ray is on original aspect most wont hit the corners.

To some people these corners may be a major issue. To others not so much. Just be aware before you buy. The 46's dont seem to suffer from this problem.
post #207 of 752 Old 09-02-2009, 08:20 AM

Liked: 16
Here are my calibration settings, in case anyone is interested...

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...3#post17053673
post #208 of 752 Old 09-02-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aforum View Post

None here either. I have the 7100 55 inch. I also have the dark corners. Since his panel replacement didnt fix them i'm going to assume it is just an artifact of how the tv makes the picture. I'm going to learn to live with them as I dont notice them 99% of the time. Just make sure you have them show a full screen in the store room. If the blue ray is on original aspect most wont hit the corners.

To some people these corners may be a major issue. To others not so much. Just be aware before you buy. The 46's dont seem to suffer from this problem.

I heard the same thing about the smaller version...that it didnt suffer from the "halo or dark corner effect"
Is there anything else I should be watching out for?
post #209 of 752 Old 09-02-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatboy64 View Post

I heard the same thing about the smaller version...that it didn't suffer from the "halo or dark corner effect"
Is there anything else I should be watching out for?

Best advice I can give you is this:

When you get your set home, and you really can't do this in the store, demo the set with all your favorite movies in bright and dark room conditions. Get a decent calibration disc and set the tv up the way you like to watch it. When you actually sit down in front of a TV and watch a few movies that is when you really start to notice stuff. If in the end, you have not noticed any PQ issues that you can't live with, keep the set and enjoy it. Just do this before your 30 days are up. After that point you are pretty much stuck with the set. Don't let them tell you a small problem can be serviced. Don't trust anyone here, just take the set back and trade it in. Inside that 30 day window you have the power, afterward they do. Keep the box and all packaging until the 30 days is up.

Don't get me wrong. I love this set. The dark corners are a bit annoying. I can ignore them. My main issue is they said it could be serviced and I waited for them to come out and fix it. Buy the time they did my 30 days had passed. Once they said Oh, it can't be fixed, I felt as if I had been tricked. Based on the recent 30% or more price point drop. This indicates to me that Samsung is aware of the shortfalls of this LED Edge lit technology and is making a move to reduce inventory. Why? One can only guess. I think they are going to discontinue this model as soon as the 8500 hits the market.

One minor point to add here. I am sure some readers are asking themselves, why didn't he just take the set back and avoid all this crap. It is a valid question. Well, here is the reason. I am 100% disabled. Repackaging and taking the set back to the local store was impossible for me to do alone. I hate to ask for help from my friends, and when I do, I try to keep requests for manpower down to a minimum. I told Samsung as much.

Regards,
Adamg
post #210 of 752 Old 09-02-2009, 09:47 AM

Quote:

Best advice I can give you is this:

When you get your set home, and you really can't do this in the store, demo the set with all your favorite movies in bright and dark room conditions. Get a decent calibration disc and set the tv up the way you like to watch it. When you actually sit down in front of a TV and watch a few movies that is when you really start to notice stuff. If in the end, you have not noticed any PQ issues that you can't live with, keep the set and enjoy it. Just do this before your 30 days are up. After that point you are pretty much stuck with the set. Don't let them tell you a small problem can be serviced. Don't trust anyone here, just take the set back and trade it in. Inside that 30 day window you have the power, afterward they do. Keep the box and all packaging until the 30 days is up.

Don't get me wrong. I love this set. The dark corners are a bit annoying. I can ignore them. My main issue is they said it could be serviced and I waited for them to come out and fix it. Buy the time they did my 30 days had passed. Once they said Oh, it can't be fixed, I felt as if I had been tricked. Based on the recent 30% or more price point drop. This indicates to me that Samsung is aware of the shortfalls of this LED Edge lit technology and is making a move to reduce inventory. Why? One can only guess. I think they are going to discontinue this model as soon as the 8500 hits the market.

thanks that is great advice....I also agree with you regarding the price drop. It will be intresting to see how low they will go befor the 8500 comes out.

Do you have any issue with scratches on the plastic frame?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46b8000 46 Inch 1080p 240hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page