Official Samsung UNxxB8000 Series Owners Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-28-2009, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got the UN46B8000 in today. I have yet to unpack and set it up yet but plan to watch lots of TV tonight and comment asap!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2009, 05:23 PM

Awesome mfarris214, i too am in the market to purchas the UN55B8000, we are all waiting patiently to see if there is much difference between the UN55B7000 series and the 8000 240hz and 2ms response time. I am a big gamer and would like to now how the lag is in the 8000 series. Also can u pm me as which vendor u purchased urs from and pricing, because i got a good deal from 6ave.com on the un55b8000 pricing and want to hold out until i make the best decision before my purchase. Congrats again on your tv, i cant wait to get mine cuz the kids and wife are driving me nuts to just by one already.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:33 PM

If you made your offer on the last day of the 6th ave deal, then i think today would be you last day to order the item before it expires. My previous offers expired 7 dyas after I recieved the accepted offer. I haven't tried calling the number after it expired though...so maybe...
Old 04-28-2009, 10:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarris214 View Post

I just got the UN46B8000 in today. I have yet to unpack and set it up yet but plan to watch lots of TV tonight and comment asap!

oh comeon already! how many sets you say you bought this year so far? after supposedly going through the whole sony lineup last year including the xbr8, you're now doing the same thing with samsung. sure.

is this fun starting owner threads and then posting you've bought another model in another thread again and again and again ?

TVbc

iirc afaik fwiw imo
Old 04-28-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVbc View Post

oh comeon already! how many sets you say you bought this year so far? after supposedly going through the whole sony lineup last year including the xbr8, you're now doing the same thing with samsung. sure.

is this fun starting owner threads and then posting you've bought another model in another thread again and again and again ?

TVbc

lol
Old 04-28-2009, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Lol. Whatever man. Do you like browse every forum on here? I don't have to lie. Everything I have ever posted is true. I am addicted to TV's I guess. And hey I got the cash to burn so why not? I will be posting pictures soon to prove to this prick I got what I say i have. Although I shouldn't have to.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

TVbc

I have actually had 8 different sets of TVS this year if it matters. I just want something I like. Haven't found it yet. Not that it's any of your business. I also happen to have a friend who works at Best Buy and I get to return what I want, when I want and get full price ")
Old 04-28-2009, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:

TVbc

Here are 4 quick pictures I took with my camera phone to shut this idiot up. I will take some better quality ones when I get the time. What do you have to say now?

As you can see the light at the bottom is blue instead of white like the 7100 model and the bezel is a little bit thicker but overall still thin.
LL
LL
LL
LL
Old 04-29-2009, 02:16 AM

There is already a 6000/7000/8000 thread created.

someone close this thread
Old 04-29-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:

Here are 4 quick pictures I took with my camera phone to shut this idiot up. I will take some better quality ones when I get the time. What do you have to say now?

As you can see the light at the bottom is blue instead of white like the 7100 model and the bezel is a little bit thicker but overall still thin.

Dude, stop lying. That is a B6000. You just Photoshopped the pics to make the 6 look like an 8!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 424 Post(s)
Liked: 558
It would be nice to see the 6000/7000/8000 thread broken out into the three different threads before it gets hard to find information on the TV you have bought or are considering since there are differences between the 3. The combined thread is getting very large and these sets have not been out that long.

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Denon 5200 w/ Outlaw 2200 Amps (3)
Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2s F/R & Horizon w/ RAAL Center; Sierra 1s Surrounds; DefTech PM1000 Fronts, Ascend HTM-200s Top Middle and PSB S5 Rear Surrounds; Dual SVS subs
Oppo 103; Onkyo HD-DVD; Apple TV & Roku Stick
Atmos arrived on 9/30/2014
Old 04-29-2009, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibis View Post

Dude, stop lying. That is a B6000. You just Photoshopped the pics to make the 6 look like an 8!

Yeah, whatever
Old 04-29-2009, 09:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsunging View Post

That thread is huge and confusing. There should be specific threads for the different models
Old 04-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ok, how's the clouding, flashlighting, and/or fluctuating? Little, none, a lot? Thanks.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

clouding is very little on the bottom right corner, but I never owned a flat panel tv that didn't have at least a little and it wasn't noticeable watching any thing. it's not bad at all. Fluctuating was very faint from what I could tell only during credits of movies or tv shows. I didn't see any dimming during anything else yet.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:29 AM

I can't find this set anywhere on the Best Buy site. Are they only in the stores and not on the web yet?
Old 04-29-2009, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

They are only in stores, May not have been put out yet as they are not supposed to be sold until May 10th. I had to order mine from the store and they got it in within 3 days
Old 04-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I think that they are only in stores first. Then they get updated on the website the week that they are in the circular. Also, someone at my BB told me that he thinks only Magnolia BBs are getting them. Which means if you don't have one, you'll have to order it and either have it shipped to your home or store.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

That's possible since the Best Buy I got it from had a Magnolia store inside
Old 04-29-2009, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsunging View Post

That thread is in fact 6000/7000 only as nobody had 8000 till now. I don't mind having a separate thread for it.

OP, please post more impressions. Thx
I'm waiting for my 55" 8000, I guess it will be week or 2 more
Old 04-29-2009, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

I will try to get some better pictures this week or for sure during the weekend. I will post more impressions tonight.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:32 PM

How thick is the 8000 series. I thought they were suppose to be the same thickness as the 7000 series...what happened to it being thin. Also how is the lag on gaming. Do all the luxia line have clouding problems from the edge-lit led's cause so many pple seem to be complaining about that on these sets and also the dimming fluctuation.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinonye View Post

How thick is the 8000 series. I thought they were suppose to be the same thickness as the 7000 series...what happened to it being thin. Also how is the lag on gaming. Do all the luxia line have clouding problems from the edge-lit led's cause so many pple seem to be complaining about that on these sets and also the dimming fluctuation.

Crutchfield has all the pictures and specs on their site.

If I remember correctly, it's 3 3/4 inches thick, which should make for much better sound (no vibration).
Old 04-29-2009, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

I have actually had 8 different sets of TVS this year if it matters. I just want something I like. Haven't found it yet. Not that it's any of your business. I also happen to have a friend who works at Best Buy and I get to return what I want, when I want and get full price ")

Sounds pretty sad to me....

It's people like you who make me think that all consumers are just petty.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCrystallis View Post

Sounds pretty sad to me....

It's people like you who make me think that all consumers are just petty.

No i just like home theater gear and I have been looking for a TV I actually enjoy for 2 years now. I have a right to be satisfied with what I spend money on. I now have the B8000, at least until the 9000 comes out.
Thank You very much!
Old 04-29-2009, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinonye View Post

It is very thin. I think it is as thin as the 7000 still it is just a different casing. The sound is better as well slightly. I have not tried gaming but at 2 ms response time and game mode I doubt there will be any lag. As for dimming, just about every tv I have owned since my sony KDL46V3000 has had dimming. It doesn't bother me.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:44 PM

What is wrong with this guy?! So what if he wants to buy EVERY TV out there what is it to you? And you seem to be familiar with the fact that he "starts new owners' threads regularly", why not just avoid them? Please continue posting new pics/impressions of this TV OP, as I'm looking for a TV also and appreciate users like you helping me to make a decision.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahmakan View Post

What is wrong with this guy?! So what if he wants to buy EVERY TV out there what is it to you? And you seem to be familiar with the fact that he "starts new owners' threads regularly", why not just avoid them? Please continue posting new pics/impressions of this TV OP, as I'm looking for a TV also and appreciate users like you helping me to make a decision.

Sure thing man. I thought these forums were meant to talk to fellow owners and help potential owners out with advise, not some bashers forum. I swear this site is full of haters.

Why doesn't everyone stick to the topics and stop the bashing or shut up!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:

Sure thing man. I thought these forums were meant to talk to fellow owners and help potential owners out with advise, not some bashers forum. I swear this site is full of haters.

Why doesn't everyone stick to the topics and stop the bashing or shut up!

I think it's full of people who are sick of your crap and false reporting about every single tv you buy. A few months later you'll return this one and then buy a 9000 series.

Only to claim that the 9000 Series has some ungodly error that prevents you from enjoying the tv.

In short I think you like attention and you seem to be getting lots of it since you complain at every opportunity you get. Your opinion on this tv means very little to me personally given how wish washy you are as a consumer. I'll wait until a REAL owner of the 8000 actually comments on the differences between this and the lower series.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCrystallis View Post

I think it's full of people who are sick of your crap and false reporting about every single tv you buy. A few months later you'll return this one and then buy a 9000 series.

Only to claim that the 9000 Series has some ungodly error that prevents you from enjoying the tv.

In short I think you like attention and you seem to be getting lots of it since you complain at every opportunity you get. Your opinion on this tv means very little to me personally given how wish washy you are as a consumer. I'll wait until a REAL owner of the 8000 actually comments on the differences between this and the lower series.

Hmmm....... tell me one thing I have said that isn't true? I haven't said anything negative or untrue. I didn't say there was an error in any tv's I have bought. Just weren't for me. Never have I told anyone not to buy anything. You are full of it if you think I have. I used to be loyal Sony buyer but their products are disappointing to me but I never said to anyone never buy anything or gave any negative remarks that were not true or reported by others.

I had a UN46B7100 but the price dropped like $500 and I went to Best Buy to get the differance back and my friend told me he could get me the B8000 early so only then did I return it, otherwise I would have kept the 7100.

I could care less what your opinion is. Get a life and stop harassing people.

Tags
Samsung Un55b8000 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Hdtv , Samsung Un46b8000 46 Inch 1080p 240hz Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread