Official Samsung LNxxB650 Calibration/Settings Thread - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 328 Old 08-04-2009, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 73
It displays what ever the source is outputting. It seems the problem is with your source boxes. Go into the settings and make sure they are set correctly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 328 Old 08-05-2009, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

It displays what ever the source is outputting. It seems the problem is with your source boxes. Go into the settings and make sure they are set correctly.

The output from the satellite box is set for 1080i, but the HDMI input on the B650 shows it at 720p.

R

P.S. .....and my HDMI cables are 1.3a compliant or better.
post #93 of 328 Old 08-13-2009, 07:28 PM

hmm so the B-series doesn't have the full CMS that the A650/750 did?? It is back to the 5271-level calibration with no full CMS??
post #94 of 328 Old 08-13-2009, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxbombers3 View Post

hmm so the B-series doesn't have the full CMS that the A650/750 did?? It is back to the 5271-level calibration with no full CMS??

No. The B650 and above still have the color space options of the A650. You can see this in the calibration information above. It is only the B550 where Samsung removed the user level access to the CMS that was available with the A550, and provided a more limited CMS in the service menu.
post #95 of 328 Old 08-13-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell View Post

No. The B650 and above still have the color space options of the A650. You can see this in the calibration information above. It is only the B550 where Samsung removed the user level access to the CMS that was available with the A550, and provided a more limited CMS in the service menu.

ok, thanks

excellent
post #96 of 328 Old 08-15-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L View Post

I sent Samsung an email explaining the problem. Before doing so, I connected the sat box and Oppo 980 to a Sharp using the same HDMI cables. The Sharp shows the sources properly at 1080i.

Samsung did not reply to my 2nd email (which further proves all of the negative comments about this company's support) and so the set is going back to the store where I will exchange it for a Panasonic.

Did I set the record for the shortest ownership in a Samsung TV forum?

Roberta
post #97 of 328 Old 08-15-2009, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertazimmerman View Post

Hi folks,

First timer here! Just bought the 55B650 in Toronto last weekend and have been playing around with the calibrations since then. After trying everyone's personal settings, I'm sure I'll come up with one that suits me! :-)

One thing I can't seem to figure out is how to set the component and HDMI settings to accept 1080i signals. My Bell ExpressVu PVR puts out 1080i, yet the B650 shows that HDMI input at 720p. Similarly my Oppo 980H can output 1080i/1080p, yet the component input on the Samsung shows it at 720p. The BDP1600 (Blu-Ray) HDMI connection displays at the proper 1080p on the B650.

I'm sure there's a simple solution to this, but I can't seem to find the fix in the (so-so) manual.

Thanks!

Roberta

Quote:

The output from the satellite box is set for 1080i, but the HDMI input on the B650 shows it at 720p.

R

P.S. .....and my HDMI cables are 1.3a compliant or better.

Is the sat box/PVR set to upscale to 1080i all the time? Or just to use that as the maximum available resolution?

I ask because, as I understand it, some broadcasters are using 720p as their HD resolution. So it would not be unreasonable for a 720p broadcast to be sent to the set as 720p, even if the set is capable of 1080i. This even makes sense, as 720p actually has 30% more data, if less resolution, than 1080i and is arguably better for fast action content, e.g., sports.

The same might be true of the Oppo 980H. For copy protection reasons, DVD players refuse to use 1080p for component. Given the choice of 1080i or 720p, 720p is not an absurd choice, although for DVDs I would probably choose 1080i and let the Samsung film mode recreate the 24fps film content. So, again, maybe there is something in the player that is giving it a choice. This especially makes sense over component, as there is no HDMI handshake to tell the player what formats the set accepts, this information must be conveyed by its menu setup. I don't own an Oppo, so I'm just guessing here at the menu options available, but you could try to change its setup not to use progressive if you really want it to use 1080i.

Quote:

I sent Samsung an email explaining the problem. Before doing so, I connected the sat box and Oppo 980 to a Sharp using the same HDMI cables. The Sharp shows the sources properly at 1080i.

Samsung did not reply to my 2nd email (which further proves all of the negative comments about this company's support) and so the set is going back to the store where I will exchange it for a Panasonic.

Did I set the record for the shortest ownership in a Samsung TV forum?

Roberta

You did not say you tried the Oppo 980 connected to the Samsung with HDMI, just with component. As the bluray player used 1080p over HDMI, what did the Oppo choose when connected to the Samsung over HDMI? Again, even with the choice over HDMI, it is possible you need to tell it not to use progressive. It may be designed to choose the best progressive format over a higher resolution/lower data rate interleaved format.

It would be a shame to return a nice set, for resolvable configuration issues in the source devices.

Good luck,
Bill
post #98 of 328 Old 08-15-2009, 09:36 AM

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the tips. Although I initially connected the Oppo to the B650 with component cables, I switched to HDMI and still had the same problem. I'm not sure how the B650 can show the Oppo and Sat box connected at 720p when the Sharp TV can show them at 1080i, when using the exact same cables.

I will connect the two devices to the Sharp again and change all of the settings to your suggested ones. I will then connect them to the Samsung and see if that resolves the problems.

THANKS!

I don't really want to shlepp this TV back to the store.

Roberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell View Post

Is the sat box/PVR set to upscale to 1080i all the time? Or just to use that as the maximum available resolution?

The same might be true of the Oppo 980H.....So, again, maybe there is something in the player that is giving it a choice.....I don't own an Oppo, so I'm just guessing here at the menu options available, but you could try to change its setup not to use progressive if you really want it to use 1080i.

You did not say you tried the Oppo 980 connected to the Samsung with HDMI, just with component. As the bluray player used 1080p over HDMI, what did the Oppo choose when connected to the Samsung over HDMI?

It would be a shame to return a nice set, for resolvable configuration issues in the source devices.

post #99 of 328 Old 08-15-2009, 10:23 AM

How do you know that the Sharp is not giving you bad info? On my Oppo, the 970 hacked, I can cycle through all the various resolutions by pressing a button on the remote, have you tried adjusting the Oppo this way? Does your unit do it in a similar manner?

Bill has a valid point, ABC and ESPN and some other networks only send out 720p and if your cable company is passing them as they should, the set will display 720p. I have no clue as the the operation of your cable box, but my Directv box will let me do "Native" or let me force the resolution to whatever I desire. I opted to fix the resolution because my Sammys would blink and flicker and take a few second to readjust to the new resolution.

I honestly do not believe you have an issue with your set I really think it's an issue with the ancillary equipment.
post #100 of 328 Old 08-16-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zack8322 View Post

How do you know that the Sharp is not giving you bad info? On my Oppo, the 970 hacked, I can cycle through all the various resolutions by pressing a button on the remote, have you tried adjusting the Oppo this way? Does your unit do it in a similar manner?

Yes, and the Sharp responds accordingly.

R
post #101 of 328 Old 08-20-2009, 06:28 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by douglashowitzer View Post

I've also posted these settings in the owner's thread. The only change I've made is that I now use an Auto Motion setting of 10/10 for video games. I know its blasphemy but I can deal with a little artifacting for the insane frame rate that it provides. I've also been toying with a "Warm 1" Color Temp but I think I still like "Normal". I know "Warm 2" is the standard but it's much too red for me.

Calibrated with the Digital Video Essentials (DVE) Blu-Ray

With an HDMI connection:

Movie (I was wrong........I unfortunately can confirm that there IS auto-dimming in every mode except Movie. I guess the scenes I was comparing with weren't dark enough. In an extremely dark scene, if you decrease the Backlight in Standard, Natural or Dynamic Mode, you will notice that it stops getting darker after you hit 3. In Movie Mode this doesn't happen and is certainly indicative of auto-dimming.)

Backlight: 4 for Night Viewing, 6 for Daytime

Contrast: 95 (This produced the brightest whites without losing the greyscale variation. Engaging "Dynamic Contrast" destroyed the variation of the whites at the upper end of the scale.)

Brightness: 44 (On the large greyscale pattern, this preserved the deepest black the signal could provide while still showing the entirety of the greyscale. An increase to 45 actually made the black appear more grey, and decreasing to 43 kept the same deep level of black as 44 but started crushing the greyscale variation. 44 was absolutely perfect.)

Sharpness: 0 (I keep it at 0 for TV, Blu-ray and DVD, but use 15 for gaming.)

Color: 50 (These Samsung's are great, saturation was perfect at the default setting.)

Tint (G/R) 50/50

Black Tone: Off (I wish everyone could see what happens to the greyscale when this is enabled, it completely crushes the variation but produces absolutely NO increase in black level. They should call this setting "Detail Destroyer".)

Dynamic Contrast: Off (Same here, this setting destroys the white end of the greyscale and results in a HUGE loss of detail in near white situations. Keep this thing OFF!!)

Gamma: 0 (I understand that some people have mentioned that Spanbauer's settings appear "washed out"....That's NOT due to Movie Mode and the lack of Auto-Dimming, it's due to the Gamma setting of 2. With the Gamma at 2, the TV comes out of black WAY to quickly which results in a washed out picture. Put your gamma at 0 and I'm sure your picture will improve.)

Color Space: Custom (This where things get really tricky. After doing the color calibration you will see the biggest difference in your Greens, trees and foliage will no longer appear neon green but instead natural. Using the setting of "Auto" results in a Red Primary that isn't accurate and also less saturated Greens. Using the "Native" setting results in a slightly more accurate Red than "Auto", but a HIGHLY inaccurate Green. For some reason "Custom", without anything changed, produced the most accurate primaries of all 3 settings. The only primary that needs adjustment is Green, Red and Blue were basically perfect. The secondaries (Cyan, Yellow and Magenta) can all be brought in line with the following settings except for a slight deviation in Magenta. However with a little tweaking, all colors were near perfect. In the custom color setting adjust the following colors as follows: Adjust the green setting of "Green" to 54. Adjust the green setting of "Yellow" to 56. Adjust the green setting of "Cyan" to 48. Now cycle through all 3 modes ("Auto", "Native" and "Custom") while viewing something that should appear green and you will immediately notice the difference.)

White Balance: Default (I use a color temp of "Normal" so my whites appear to my eye as they should. I know some people like to use "Warm 2" and then adjust the white balance, but I've always thought those settings appeared WAY too red and I don't like it at all. I stick with Default White Balance and a Color Temp of Normal.)

Flesh Tone: 0
Edge Enhancement: Off
Color Tone: Normal
Size: Screen Fit
Digital NR: Off
HDMI Black Level: Low
Auto Motion Plus 120Hz: 10/5 for TV, Blu-ray and DVD//10/8 for gaming (I love the look of Auto Motion contrary to many posters.)

I am using these settings with my LN46B630 and so far it's the best my tv has looked. Thanks!
post #102 of 328 Old 08-23-2009, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urlacher5454 View Post

I am using these settings with my LN46B630 and so far it's the best my tv has looked. Thanks!

I got great results with these with my LN55B650 as well, except I turn off auto motion for Blu-ray and keep it set to low for TV.
post #103 of 328 Old 08-25-2009, 06:30 AM

I don't know if this has been answered here or not but I'm having some major issues with my set. Right out of the box I wall mounted it, connected everything and turned it on. The first thing I noticed were these greenish blacks on the left and right side of the set. This is particularly noticeable in movies like "Aliens" or "Hunt for Red October" where there is a large portion of the screen that is black. In Aliens the part of the movie where the Sulaco approaches the alien planet is a horrible example of this.

It seems like there is a cut-off point to where the greenish blacks end. About 4-6 inches on the left and 4-6 inches on the right.

The only way to remedy it is to lower the brightness to below 38 or to increase the black tone which in my opinion crushes the blacks.

Is it possible the wall mount is causing the issue?

I still have some time to return the TV, but I wanted to see what you guys thought before I swap it out for another one. I'm considering swaping it for an LED LCD. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide!

-David
post #104 of 328 Old 08-25-2009, 06:33 AM

oh yeah just a quick note, I am using douglashowitzer's settings above.
post #105 of 328 Old 08-25-2009, 06:31 PM

hello everyone

i ordered this TV as european edition and will receive it on thursday.

I have 2 questions

1) the only input to the tv will be a HTPC and a digital cable box over HDMI, the box which will have both SD and HD PAL signal. will i be able to have the tv save different settings for each HDMI input so i dont dont have to switch between settings when switching between inputs?

2) I am very set on having an original movie experience through the htpc(bluray) as it was meant to be viewed, what i mean is 1:1-5:5 pulldown and no post processing, what kind of settings would i look for?
i dislike the tv calculating frames in between of what is fed to it, also is the jitter setting needed for 1080p input?

Mostly worried i am about the frequency of the tv, in NTSC zones the tv has 120hz which means a 5:5 pull down, but in pall zones it has 100hz, the tv in the specification of the advertising has a 1080p 24 mode, how does this work on the PAL model , 98hz with 4:4 pulldown?

thanks for any help, the coloring settings seem to make sense to me so i should be able to find something to my preference on my own
post #106 of 328 Old 08-26-2009, 07:11 AM

"HDMI Black Level: Low "

I have the 55" and have a Sony S360 connected to it via HDMI and the HDMI Black Level option is greyed out in the TV option menu. The sony offers 4 choices (other than auto) for video signal output from the hdmi out jack:

YCbCr (4:2:2)
YCbCr (4:4:4)
RGB (16-235)
RGB (0-255)

and having read all the extensive info about these settings, I'm still not clear which I should be selecting for this TV. I'm calibrating in an almost completely dark room in movie mode since this TV will only be used for blu-ray, but having trouble with blacks (and having trouble finding free hours to spend with the new tv..)

Does anyone here have this Sony player and what settings are you using? Thanks.
post #107 of 328 Old 08-26-2009, 04:14 PM

OK, I had a chance to sit down and do a full calibration on my own using the DVE Blu-ray. The results were very similar to what douglashowitzer got...apparently these things are pretty consistent.

Mode: Movie
Backlight: 6
Contrast: 95
Brightness 44
Sharpness: 0
Color 50
Tint: G50/R50
Black Tone: Off
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Gamma: 0
Color Space: Custom
G: 0/58/0
Y: 50/57/0
All others default
xvYCC: Off
Film Mode: Off
Auto Motion Plus 120Hz: Off
post #108 of 328 Old 08-27-2009, 09:43 PM

question when i set it to movie mode, the option film mode is greyed out and disabled, is this normal ? i thought this was the 24hz setting, it does detect the inc 24hz signal though.
post #109 of 328 Old 08-28-2009, 09:28 AM

I haven't seen the Film Mode option ungreyed out yet on my week-old 55, but I'm only connecting a Blu-Ray player and PC to the tv, not sure if it would be available from other sources.
post #110 of 328 Old 08-31-2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglashowitzer View Post

I've also posted these settings in the owner's thread. The only change I've made is that I now use an Auto Motion setting of 10/10 for video games. I know its blasphemy but I can deal with a little artifacting for the insane frame rate that it provides. I've also been toying with a "Warm 1" Color Temp but I think I still like "Normal". I know "Warm 2" is the standard but it's much too red for me.

Calibrated with the Digital Video Essentials (DVE) Blu-Ray

With an HDMI connection:

Movie (I was wrong........I unfortunately can confirm that there IS auto-dimming in every mode except Movie. I guess the scenes I was comparing with weren't dark enough. In an extremely dark scene, if you decrease the Backlight in Standard, Natural or Dynamic Mode, you will notice that it stops getting darker after you hit 3. In Movie Mode this doesn't happen and is certainly indicative of auto-dimming.)

Backlight: 4 for Night Viewing, 6 for Daytime

Contrast: 95 (This produced the brightest whites without losing the greyscale variation. Engaging "Dynamic Contrast" destroyed the variation of the whites at the upper end of the scale.)

Brightness: 44 (On the large greyscale pattern, this preserved the deepest black the signal could provide while still showing the entirety of the greyscale. An increase to 45 actually made the black appear more grey, and decreasing to 43 kept the same deep level of black as 44 but started crushing the greyscale variation. 44 was absolutely perfect.)

Sharpness: 0 (I keep it at 0 for TV, Blu-ray and DVD, but use 15 for gaming.)

Color: 50 (These Samsung's are great, saturation was perfect at the default setting.)

Tint (G/R) 50/50

Black Tone: Off (I wish everyone could see what happens to the greyscale when this is enabled, it completely crushes the variation but produces absolutely NO increase in black level. They should call this setting "Detail Destroyer".)

Dynamic Contrast: Off (Same here, this setting destroys the white end of the greyscale and results in a HUGE loss of detail in near white situations. Keep this thing OFF!!)

Gamma: 0 (I understand that some people have mentioned that Spanbauer's settings appear "washed out"....That's NOT due to Movie Mode and the lack of Auto-Dimming, it's due to the Gamma setting of 2. With the Gamma at 2, the TV comes out of black WAY to quickly which results in a washed out picture. Put your gamma at 0 and I'm sure your picture will improve.)

Color Space: Custom (This where things get really tricky. After doing the color calibration you will see the biggest difference in your Greens, trees and foliage will no longer appear neon green but instead natural. Using the setting of "Auto" results in a Red Primary that isn't accurate and also less saturated Greens. Using the "Native" setting results in a slightly more accurate Red than "Auto", but a HIGHLY inaccurate Green. For some reason "Custom", without anything changed, produced the most accurate primaries of all 3 settings. The only primary that needs adjustment is Green, Red and Blue were basically perfect. The secondaries (Cyan, Yellow and Magenta) can all be brought in line with the following settings except for a slight deviation in Magenta. However with a little tweaking, all colors were near perfect. In the custom color setting adjust the following colors as follows: Adjust the green setting of "Green" to 54. Adjust the green setting of "Yellow" to 56. Adjust the green setting of "Cyan" to 48. Now cycle through all 3 modes ("Auto", "Native" and "Custom") while viewing something that should appear green and you will immediately notice the difference.)

White Balance: Default (I use a color temp of "Normal" so my whites appear to my eye as they should. I know some people like to use "Warm 2" and then adjust the white balance, but I've always thought those settings appeared WAY too red and I don't like it at all. I stick with Default White Balance and a Color Temp of Normal.)

HDMI Black Level: Low
Auto Motion Plus 120Hz: 10/5 for TV, Blu-ray and DVD//10/8 for gaming (I love the look of Auto Motion contrary to many posters.)

This calibration is quoted in the LNBxx630 official thread, I am using it and find it to be a bit too "life like" for movies running through my Dish VIP211 receiver. For Television shows it's ok, however movies look like they are TV shows, not movies.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which settings I should be adjusting to soften up the picture a bit to make movies more movie like?

Thanks
post #111 of 328 Old 08-31-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbudnyjr View Post

This calibration is quoted in the LNBxx630 official thread, I am using it and find it to be a bit too "life like" for movies running through my Dish VIP211 receiver. For Television shows it's ok, however movies look like they are TV shows, not movies.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which settings I should be adjusting to soften up the picture a bit to make movies more movie like?

Thanks

Hope this isn't insultingly obvious, but have you tried turning off the AutoMotion Plus (at least the judder setting)? That is the function that gives the "3D" lifelike soap-opera affect. I like it on sports, news, and sometimes home videos, but turn it off for anything shot on film (or intended to look like it was shot on film). Some people leave it off all the time. If you've already tried that and the picture still has too much "pop" for your taste, I'd recommend dialing down the contrast first and possibly the color.

These LCD's sell because the insanely jacked up settings on the store shelves make other sets look dull by comparison. When you get it home, you realize it takes a little effort to "tame the LCD."
post #112 of 328 Old 08-31-2009, 08:31 AM
AVS Special Member

LN55B650
I have everything connected through my Denon 3808ci, so I only have one HDMI input to calibrate for all my sources. (Directv/Ps3/360)

After trying My own settings, Cnet, Tweaktv and settings posted on here, I've finally settled on the following:

Mode: Standard
Backlight: 8
Contrast:95
Brightness:43 (Set with DVE)

Sharpness: 20 (anything below gets too soft for me, anything higher too much noise on some objects)

Color:50 (set with DVE..er rather left unchanged)

Tint: 50/50 (same as above)

Advance settings

Black tone: Off
DC: Off
Gamma 0
Color Space: Auto (Tried douglashowitzer color tone and space settings, some things looked fine, some things had a green tint that shouldn't.. went back to auto)

White Balance: Default
Flesh tone 0

Picture Options

Size: 16x9
DNR: Off
HDMI Black Level: Not Selectable
Film Mode: Not selectable
Blue Mode: Off (Of course)
Auto Motion Plus: Custom
Blur 10
Judder 0 (Started at 5 and it made strange halos around certain moving objects.. 0 removed all the weird artifacts)

Not sure if mine are right for anyone else's set up, but thanks to everyone that posted theirs, I was able to arrive to mine quicker.

EDIT: Had to come to a happy Medium, Loved my original settings on movies.. Hated the settings on a Football game.
because all my sources are coming in one input...I like this setting as an all purpose Directv.. Movies Football & PS3 Blu-ray.
post #113 of 328 Old 08-31-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsirbak View Post

Hope this isn't insultingly obvious, but have you tried turning off the AutoMotion Plus (at least the judder setting)? That is the function that gives the "3D" lifelike soap-opera affect. I like it on sports, news, and sometimes home videos, but turn it off for anything shot on film (or intended to look like it was shot on film). Some people leave it off all the time. If you've already tried that and the picture still has too much "pop" for your taste, I'd recommend dialing down the contrast first and possibly the color.

These LCD's sell because the insanely jacked up settings on the store shelves make other sets look dull by comparison. When you get it home, you realize it takes a little effort to "tame the LCD."

Thanks so much for the input, I consider myself new to all of this so being "insultingly obvious" just isn't possible I will give this a try as it seems to correlate with the exact issue I'm having, movies just look too life like for my tastes.
post #114 of 328 Old 08-31-2009, 10:21 PM

Have you guys tried CNET's settings? They're pretty good although I think their
Tint (G/R) 48/2 is making things look a little too red.
post #115 of 328 Old 08-31-2009, 11:27 PM

doug's settings are pretty good, but I do like the nice look Warm2 gives. Normal feels a little mroe sterile.
post #116 of 328 Old 09-01-2009, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanf View Post

question when i set it to movie mode, the option film mode is greyed out and disabled, is this normal ? i thought this was the 24hz setting, it does detect the inc 24hz signal though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutter Cane View Post

I haven't seen the Film Mode option ungreyed out yet on my week-old 55, but I'm only connecting a Blu-Ray player and PC to the tv, not sure if it would be available from other sources.

Film mode controls special processing when de-interlacing interlaced content. So if the source is bluray or PC, odds are the source is configured to send progressive video to the set so Film mode will be grayed out. You are most likely to see it available for over-the-air channels or settop boxes.
post #117 of 328 Old 09-01-2009, 09:51 PM

When I switch to my Xbox360, in the upper left hand corner it says 1920 x 1080@60Hz. Why does it say @60Hz when I have the 120Hz Auto Motion on? It's set to "custom" currently(10/8). Is there something I need to change?

Also, I have my computer hooked up to this set and the Auto Motion is set to "off" and it's greyed out so I cannot change it. Is this effecting my gaming from being 120Hz? (As you can tell, I'm quite new to this.)

Thanks in advance.
post #118 of 328 Old 09-01-2009, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xombie37 View Post

When I switch to my Xbox360, in the upper left hand corner it says 1920 x 1080@60Hz. Why does it say @60Hz when I have the 120Hz Auto Motion on? It's set to "custom" currently(10/8). Is there something I need to change?

Also, I have my computer hooked up to this set and the Auto Motion is set to "off" and it's greyed out so I cannot change it. Is this effecting my gaming from being 120Hz? (As you can tell, I'm quite new to this.)

Thanks in advance.

The info box tells you what the incoming signal is, 1920x1080@60Hz in this case being sent from your xbox. The signal is sill being displayed in 120Hz and using your custom 10/8 settings.

Your gaming is still 120Hz no worries there. PC inputs disable the auto motion plus settings
post #119 of 328 Old 09-01-2009, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loekilo View Post

The info box tells you what the incoming signal is, 1920x1080@60Hz in this case being sent from your xbox. The signal is sill being displayed in 120Hz and using your custom 10/8 settings.

Your gaming is still 120Hz no worries there. PC inputs disable the auto motion plus settings

Right on. Thanks for the clarification.

Would you, or anyone, happen to have proper settings for Xbox360 gaming?
post #120 of 328 Old 09-02-2009, 12:29 AM

Are you sure these settings were umder STANDARD mode? Some options don't seems to match. (White Bal has no AUTO setting and FILM MODE is selectable under STANDARD, for example)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villanman View Post

LN55B650
I have everything connected through my Denon 3808ci, so I only have one HDMI input to calibrate for all my sources. (Directv/Ps3/360)

After trying My own settings, Cnet, Tweaktv and settings posted on here, I've finally settled on the following:

Mode: Standard
Backlight: 8
Contrast:95
Brightness:43 (Set with DVE)

Sharpness: 20 (anything below gets too soft for me, anything higher too much noise on some objects)

Color:50 (set with DVE..er rather left unchanged)

Tint: 50/50 (same as above)

Advance settings

Black tone: Off
DC: Off
Gamma 0
Color Space: Auto (Tried douglashowitzer color tone and space settings, some things looked fine, some things had a green tint that shouldn't.. went back to auto)

White Balance: Auto
Flesh tone 0

Picture Options

Size: 16x9
DNR: Off
HDMI Black Level: Not Selectable
Film Mode: Not selectable
Blue Mode: Off (Of course)
Auto Motion Plus: Custom
Blur 10
Judder 0 (Started at 5 and it made strange halos around certain moving objects.. 0 removed all the weird artifacts)

Not sure if mine are right for anyone else's set up, but thanks to everyone that posted theirs, I was able to arrive to mine quicker.

EDIT: Had to come to a happy Medium, Loved my original settings on movies.. Hated the settings on a Football game.
because all my sources are coming in one input...I like this setting as an all purpose Directv.. Movies Football & PS3 Blu-ray.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv Ln55b650 , Samsung Pn50b650 50 Inch 1080p Plasma Hdtv , Samsung Ln22b650 22 Inch 720p Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Ln19b650 19 Inch 720p Lcd Hdtv , Samsung Ln40b650 40 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color , Samsung Ln46b650 46 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv With Red Touch Of Color
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page