Is the Sony Bravia KDL-40V4100 still worth it? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-02-2009, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've done a few searches and read a lot of threads on these forums but I didn't find anything that exactly answered my question... I apologize if I missed something.

Now I have been looking for a TV for the better part of 5 months (yeah...) and am now finally getting around to forcing myself into making a decision.

I've gone back and forth and was going to get a LN40B550, but after reading the huge thread on here, I've decided that may not be the best choice for me. After finally listening to my friend, it looks like the KDL-40V4100 may be the best choice for me... I'm wondering if anyone can confirm this, or give me a better suggestion.

What I'm looking for: a 37" - 40" 1080p TV that costs less than $1000.
What I'm using it for: Primarily games. Secondary watching TV and movies (hi-def and not).

Is the KDL-40V4100 what I should be looking at getting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-02-2009, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
as an owner of a 32XBR6 witch is basically just a V4100 renamed and smaller screen I can assure you that gaming will be good on this TV and PQ is great.

IMO the 32/37XBR6/V4100 are some of the best 60hz LCD's made for a few simple reasons,

great picture quality
good enough input lag for most gamers (tested mine at 30ms lag vs CRT)
great features/inputs/remote
is the only 60hz TV I've seen that has a motion enhancer for movies and can do alot of what good 120hz TV's do, amp/motionflow are better generally than our 60hz motionflow with movies but it still does alot none the less and prolly even works better than lesser brands 120hz like vizios etc.

If you're a gamer or interested in using an LCD TV as a primary monitor take a look at my thread on Input Lag
post #3 of 3 Old 05-02-2009, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thank you very much for your reply. It seems like a good TV, so it's always helpful to have some owner's opinions of it, especially from gamers. If there aren't any very good sales on Sunday, I may end up buying this TV after all.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page