AVS Forum banner

Getting a new TV which one should i get?

937 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tim100 
#1 ·

Hey guys hows it going?

Im getting a new tv in a couple of day and was wondering if you guys could help me out.

My choices are...

1. Samsung UNB8000 55

2. Sony kdl xbr9 52

and if theres any recommendations yall can give me and the risk of the tvs that i picked i would really appreciate it.

Thanks Alot

#2 ·
The larger 55" models seem to have an issue with flashlighting from the corners. My 40B6000 does not, but I think it has more to do with its size. The XBRs I really have not seen but have heard good things. Let your eyes decide, and really try to spend some time in front of these 120hz sets. The one I have, the B6000, was very hard to watch, it actually made me sea sick. My 60hz sets do not have this effect on me, nor does my Sammy 58B560 plasma.

Mike

#3 ·
Consider the Samsung 52B750 --- being recognized as the king of the hill LCD for now by many or wait a few months for the Sony 65" W5100 for HT Size. (provided they haven't cancelled it with recent cutbacks announced)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.