buying a new LCD 40 inch - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 05-19-2009, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am going to buy a new LCD, 40 inch. Samsung ,LG and Panasonic are the area that I go around. I am not the technical guy. What should I select among them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2009, 08:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinner818 View Post

I am going to buy a new LCD, 40 inch. Samsung ,LG and Panasonic are the area that I go around. I am not the technical guy. What should I select among them?

Well, with such minimal information, it's impossible to give a relevant suggestion. How much do you want to spend? How will you use your TV? Will you hook it up to a computer, game console, Blu-ray player, etc. or just watch TV on it? Do you have cable or will you watch over the air (OTA) channels? Do you want the best TV possible or just something to display a decent picture? Do you watch sports?

There is a wealth of information contained in the various threads on this forum, but in order for us to help you, we need a bit more information than simply you are going to buy a 40" TV.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:23 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim View Post

Well, with such minimal information, it's impossible to give a relevant suggestion. How much do you want to spend? How will you use your TV? Will you hook it up to a computer, game console, Blu-ray player, etc. or just watch TV on it? Do you have cable or will you watch over the air (OTA) channels? Do you want the best TV possible or just something to display a decent picture? Do you watch sports?

There is a wealth of information contained in the various threads on this forum, but in order for us to help you, we need a bit more information than simply you are going to buy a 40" TV.

agreed with u man well i think this guy just need a tv for decent picture and i guess u should go for sammy LN-40B650 40 inch LCD HDTV
it has the power of full HD tv.