I've made some notes on your notes regarding issues I previously had that were fixed by the 108
update. I suspect that 108 actually fixed the big malfunction issues and 109 includes those fixes also, plus some non-essential enhancements. Thus, Sony doesn't see the need to make 109 a "critical" update. Just MHO.
1) The television picture freezes momentarily, then the TV powers off and then on. This may occur shortly after powering on the TV, while viewing programming, changing channels, or using the TV's xross media bar.I had this problem, but the 108 update fixed it
2) When changing channels, the TV powers off and the POWER/STANDBY LED flashes red. Pushing the Power button again (only once) restores the TV's function.I saw this problem one time, but I haven't seen it again since the 108 update
3) When viewing 1080p formatted signals through the Component (Y/Pb/Pr
) Input, a horizontal scratch-like line may appear on the screen.I only use the HDMI inputs and cannot comment on this one.Same for me.
4) Intermittent remote commander response when the TV is first turned on and the backlight is dim.I did experience this issue, quite frequently, in fact. It still occurs but to nowhere near the frequency it had in the past.I still see this upon startup, but it corrects itself within a minute, so I consider it a warm-up issue.
5) The television turns off and then back on again when powering on the TV with a programmable remote commander.This happened to me maybe twice. I have not seen it since updating.I don't remember this ever happening to me.
6) Correction of the "Current time has been lost. Please reset the time" message repeatedly coming up.I never noted this either before nor after updating.I saw this a few times in the past, but not since the 108 update.
7) Further improves the use of the Network functions (Internet Video and Widgets).Hmmm...This one has me chuckling. It was slow then and it's slow now. It's not my Internet connection. I have a 30 Mbps broadband connection so I know that's not the problem. I have really found little to no use for these. Other than to use Twitter to post 'I'm sitting on the patio' to irritate my older kids. (If you've seen the commercial, you may get a laugh out of that one!)Was and is slow and not particularly worthwhile.As far as losing my settings, with the two or three firmware updates I have done, I have not lost any settings.No loss of settings with on-line updates to date.