Sharp lc-45gx6u AVC box failure...help - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 100 Old 08-02-2012, 12:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Big 4 day power outage in Ohio finally did in my AVC and got the WSOD, TV still worked as a monitor. I read this thread and decided to take the AVC box into a local AV repair place and have them figure out exactly what the problem was, along with a printout of this thread and the web page for the RDENCA089WJZZ part. He would have none of it, saying he never looks at the internet because they are idiots. A few days later he calls and says I have to bring the TV in, not a crazy demand as has been mentioned before you can't tell if it works unless you have the TV attached. But mine is attached to the wall with the wires fished through it so I took the AVC back. He said "good luck" in a way that meant "you'll be back" and I said "thank you" in a way that meant "thank you".

Sunday I decide I need to take care of this and stop stalling. I order the part from MCM and held my breath. It came on Tuesday. I opened up the AVC and took out the old part. It does have a brown discoloration on the underside but it looks more like a stain than a burn. Anyway, I replace the part (that is tremendously easy, btw) and plugged it back into the TV. Back alive it came. Tremendous joy filled me, as if it hadn't turned on I was stuck.

One other note, there is another ebay auction for the AVC:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sharp-Aquos-AVC-System-TU-GD10U-T-Remote-GA242WJSA-LCD-TV-LC-45GX6U-/290741041001?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D1047590442181582471%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1017%26rk%3D1%26

I'm guessing it doesn't work and the guy can't test it, but if someone is stuck and the board replacement didn't work, it might be worth getting this one (as discounted as possible) and trying the board in it.

Anyway, great thread, you saved me from having to junk my not quite working TV for a fraction of the cost of a new TV. Thank you.

-Bret
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 100 Old 08-09-2012, 10:40 AM

+1 with another successful repair of an AVC unit with the PS board sourced through MCM. Thanks to all contributors. Looks like the planned TC-P55VT50 replacement will have to wait and while I'm sort of sad about that, at least I didn't need to spend the additional $1,850 - so yea for that..

Regards, Robert
post #93 of 100 Old 09-05-2012, 07:32 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
My AVC has also died leaving a WSOD. The problem is just the same as most people here have described, so I'm assuming the same board will provide a solution. Both MCM and PartStore claim to have it in stock. The price is about the same. Any thoughts on which to purchase from?
post #94 of 100 Old 09-06-2012, 08:27 AM
AVS Special Member

My AVC died about 1 year ago...nothing happens when I hit the power switch, so I think I have a different problem than the WSOD.  At the time I orderd a new board and it didn't make a difference.  I got another AVC off of eBay that the seller said was working, but when I plugged it in and powered it on it gave me the same results as my original AVC...nothing happened.  In both cases I didn't have the AVC hooked up to the panel.   Does it need to be connected to turn on?

thanks,

Murray

post #95 of 100 Old 06-05-2013, 10:51 PM

Got the dreaded WSOD last week. Ordered part # RDENCA089WJZZ via the link from Ned Nederlander in post #9 above. It was about $150. Installed it without too much trouble. The hardest part was figuring how to take the darn AVC box apart. Hint: use a hammer. No, a phillips head screwdriver is all you need. Now it works like new. Hope it lasts. Alas I now have no excuse to shop for a new panel.
post #96 of 100 Old 08-21-2013, 11:20 PM

I bought a new MD1222N chip on ebay from China. I replaced IC592 with the new part and it has worked for 2 years now.
post #97 of 100 Old 01-14-2014, 01:31 PM

I posted this in another spot on the forum recently, but am posting it here as well in case anyone here can help.

My Sharp Aquos LC-45gx6u stopped working and the power light, which we all know is usually blue, is now blinking red.  Just 2 red blinks.  The system tries to start when I press the power button, but the panel never quite comes on.  I do not get the white screen, just a dark screen.

Since I've replaced the DC/DC converter board in the AVC before, I just decided to try that trick again hoping that was the issue.  No luck.  Still 2 blinking red lights.  From what I remember from the last time, the blinking lights were a more complex pattern.

So, I checked the service repair manual and discovered that it's most likely a power supply issue.  The troubleshooting chart indicates to check IC4804 and IC4807.  After wading through the numerous wiring diagrams in the manual, I located IC4804 and IC4807 in the top LCD controller PWB which is in the panel itself, not the AVC box.  So, I replaced the top LCD controller board PWB which contains both IC4804 and IC4807, but no luck.  Still, 2 red blinks from the power light.

Here's the part I can't understand.  The whole thing works in "technician mode."  I hold input and volume down on the panel while pressing the power button and it works normally except for the "K" displayed in a box on the left side of the screen.  I can get rid of that by pressing the reset button on the front of the AVC.  That button must reset the system without disrupting the power, because the whole system will work normally, until I turn the power off.  Then I've got to start in "technician mode" again and press the reset button again.

Since I can get the picture and sound to work normally using the steps above, I think there must be some sort of complex start up sequence between the AVC and the panel which is reporting an error which causes the whole thing to shut down.  The "technician mode" must bypass some part of that sequence.  If I knew what that was I could possibly isolate the problem.

Can anyone help me figure out what to try next?

Many thanks. 

BTW, here's a link to the service manual...

http://elektrotanya.com/sharp_lc-45gx6u_tu-gd10u_tu-45gad_sm.pdf/download.html

post #98 of 100 Old 01-15-2014, 11:50 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Searched for and found this thread when my 45" panel suddenly gave me the "WSOD" a couple of weeks ago.

Purchased the PS board from MCM Electronics for about $150 shipped, 15 screws and about 30 minutes later I'm back in business. Panel now fires right up without issues.
By the way, my old PS board showed no hot spots nor burn marks.

Thanks to everyone who posted here, saved me a few hundred $$$ not having to purchase a new panel.

Best regards,
Lloyd C.

post #99 of 100 Old 07-04-2014, 10:36 PM

Liked: 0
Sharp TV WS

I just replaced the board with a new part from Best Buy. Now I still get nothing. There is a blue light on the TV and on the control box. I connected the 3 plugs in the rear of box and plug in power cords. What am I missing?
post #100 of 100 Old 08-09-2014, 09:24 PM

Liked: 0
MD1222N chipsNEW for sale. RDENCA089WJZZ board for sale NEW. Cost $150.00 asking $100.00
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page