vizio vo37L remote running amok!!! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-31-2009, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I bought this tv from Costco on 12/2/08 and it has been working in the same room since then ( 6 months). About a month ago I started to notice that it wasn't turning OFF on the first go and it was taking 3 - 4 presses to work. I figured it's a cheap remote from Vizio so I bought a new universal remote and that seemed to work fine for 1 month THEN it started to behave erractically. I would select HDMI ( from Cable) and it would just keep cycling through hdmi1 hdmi2 hdmi3 then back to hdmi1 and keep going. I tried the VIZIO remote same deal, then I tried the physical side panel on the right same thing. WHen I turned the thing off manually ( side panel worked ) I would then be able to select the HDMI properly BUT it's a real pain to alter the specs in the menu ( ie change from standard to golf ) or alter the backlight etc. That way. If I use either remote it does it's cycling thing. As another example if I want to change the channel on either remote I hit 3, say, and the display will then read 33333. This happens never mind whether it's the universal or the Vizio. Has anyone else had this happen???? Please remember that it worked fine for 6 months and NOTHING has changed in the room. I can't take it back and Vizio have replaced the motherboard and the IR receiver. I am looking for anyone else that has seen this issue and what Vizio did to resolve it.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page