Blurry / fuzzy picture on Aquos LC60C46U - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 06-14-2009, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I'm having problem with my LCD TV Sharp Aquos LC60C46U. Everything was working fine since I bought it from Cotsco about 2 years now. About 2 weeks now it only display blurry/fuzzy picture. I reset the setting but nothing has changed. Pictures from TV/DVD player are fuzzy. Did anybody experience this problem before? Is there any advice to get everything back?
Help please.
Thanks
Evado
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 06-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member

Have a picture of this 'fuzziness'?

Help solve power surge misconceptions, answer the poll:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 Old 06-16-2009, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Saturation!

I don't know how to directly insert picture on this forum. And since I don't have 3 posts yet, I cannot post URL. I guess I need to do so. I am on my way.Thanks

Evado
post #4 of 12 Old 06-16-2009, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

OK, I got the pictures and I wiil post the link for you and anybody else to look at it.
post #5 of 12 Old 06-16-2009, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Saturation!

I don't know how to directly insert picture o this forum. But you can get them here:
- http://lotsuk.webng.com/images/IMG00017.jpg
- http://lotsuk.webng.com/images/IMG00020.jpg
- http://lotsuk.webng.com/images/IMG00021.jpg

I hope this will give you an idea.
Thanks

Evado
post #6 of 12 Old 06-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evado View Post

Hi Saturation!

I don't know how to directly insert picture o this forum. But you can get them here:
- http://lotsuk.webng.com/images/IMG00017.jpg
- http://lotsuk.webng.com/images/IMG00020.jpg
- http://lotsuk.webng.com/images/IMG00021.jpg

I hope this will give you an idea.
Thanks

Evado

Hello Evado,

Thanks for posting. Those images are definitely a problem, it looks like the video control board is damaged, if this is so all the pics from any input will look bad. There doesn't seem to be a specific problem with the LCD panel.

Since its out of warranty I presume, you'll have to call for service. If it is the board, luckily replacing it will just need a technician visit.

The only thing you can do at home to try and fix it yourself is unplug the unit, wait 3 minutes or so, and replug it. If there is a firmware glitch in memory it may reset it.

How is your TV mounted, on the wall, over a fireplace, or on a table with stand?

post #7 of 12 Old 06-16-2009, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Saturation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturation View Post

The only thing you can do at home to try and fix it yourself is unplug the unit, wait 3 minutes or so, and replug it. If there is a firmware glitch in memory it may reset it.

I've already tried this and even unpluged it for more than an hour and nothing happens.

Quote:

Since its out of warranty I presume, you'll have to call for service. If it is the board, luckily replacing it will just need a technician visit.

Yeah it's out of warranty and calling for service is what I will do now. Sad $$ to spend.

Quote:

How is your TV mounted, on the wall, over a fireplace, or on a table with stand?

The TV was mounted, I wanted to enjoy all its features

Thanks for your advices. I really appreciated it!

Evado
post #8 of 12 Old 06-17-2009, 04:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hi Saturation!

I've already tried this and even unpluged it for more than an hour and nothing happens.

Yeah it's out of warranty and calling for service is what I will do now. Sad $$ to spend.

The TV was mounted, I wanted to enjoy all its features

Thanks for your advices. I really appreciated it!

Evado

Hi Evado,

Mounted as in the wall?

Here's an example of the costs of salvaged replacement parts:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsear...x/q/LC-60C46U/

post #9 of 12 Old 06-17-2009, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Hi Evado,

Mounted as in the wall?

Here's an example of the costs of salvaged replacement parts:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsear...x/q/LC-60C46U/

Thanks for the link. I was wondering where I can get the defective part on Internet and have an idea about how much I will spend.
I have a little concern: by following the link you gave, I did not find any part like "Video controller". I wonder if it is the same thing like "LCD controller" or "Signal board" or "main unit". Do you have any picture of the "Video bord control"?

Again, thanks for you help
post #10 of 12 Old 06-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks for the link. I was wondering where I can get the defective part on Internet and have an idea about how much I will spend.
I have a little concern: by following the link you gave, I did not find any part like "Video controller". I wonder if it is the same thing like "LCD controller" or "Signal board" or "main unit". Do you have any picture of the "Video bord control"?

Again, thanks for you help

It maybe the signal board, the main controller or LCD controller. The TV technician will have to diagnose the TV first to determine which has or if all, have blown.

The reason I ask if you wall mounted it, as TVs have higher chance of overheating and leading to earlier malfunction.

post #11 of 12 Old 06-17-2009, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

OK. I will have the TV tech diagnose the problem.

Quote:

It maybe the signal board, the main controller or LCD controller. The TV technician will have to diagnose the TV first to determine which has or if all, have blown.

The reason I ask if you wall mounted it, as TVs have higher chance of overheating and leading to earlier malfunction.

The TV was not wall mounted. It was mounted on a TV stand (Sorry for not giving this precision before) like this http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10843656.

Thanks
post #12 of 12 Old 06-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

OK. I will have the TV tech diagnose the problem.

The TV was not wall mounted. It was mounted on a TV stand (Sorry for not giving this precision before) like this http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...ct_id=10843656.

Thanks

You're welcome and good luck. Keep us posted.

That stand is fine, keep a fist length distance between the back of the TV and wall to let the LCD breath. The operating temp of an LCD TV is typically 100F, if it rises above that, the risk of long term damage rises, if below it, you're golden. The heat sinks and vents are usually on the top of the TV, and this is were it gets warmest.

FYI: Water boils at 212F.

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page