LeRoyK thanks for posting your calibration settings, i use my 37 S1 as a PC monitor and you settings look great to my eyes with the exception of the b-gain i had to leave that as it was close default in cinema but the r-gain was dead on right for my set at least and it looks excellent to me
for anyone else out there using this set as a monitor to clear up the text issue there are 2 tricks to use. #1 try setting you refresh to 59hz, for some reason it just looks better that way to me and others. #2 make sure sharpness is at 0-10 at most but 0 should be perfect really. #3 this is the big one, the panel these TV's use have a subpixel layout of Blue-Green-Red rather than the more common Red-Green-Blue on most LCD's and you must enable and adjust cleartype in windows so the text is rendered correctly, once done 95% of text you see is no longer blurry and looks great as it should, the remaining 5% of text is due to it being out of windows control of correcting for the subpixel change in the display as in games (hard to notice honestly in games) flash based applications etc.
I've used many LCD TV's as monitors in the past few years and this is by far the best for PC gamers, once adjusted correctly it looks great in windows and it has as close to no lag as possible and no significant pixel blurring while doing so.
to list models i've used with a PC for comparison and their downfalls in doing so
Sony 32XBR6 -
good overall picture, great contrast and black levels text was good on it
bad pixel blurring issue with black to white transitions that left 1/2 second ghost images on screen easily visible on web pages as well as some games, average to bad input lag ranging in the 30-60 ms range at 1080p on hdmi from my tests
Samsung 46B630 AUO panel - not my TV but a good friends TV so i helped him set it up for PC use etc.
Good colors, ok text, good TV to use with a HTPC for viewing video/movies but poor for serious gaming and PC use due to input lag much like the sony in this regard
Great black levels when at centered viewing angle but blacks turned purple really quick at off angles when your too close to the TV. Input lag was good for a VA based 120hz Panel 20-30ms when in game modes but this came at a cost of having poor pixel response time with slight changes in brightness of a picture most notably with dark images over an even darker background like dark grey over black for example would result in easily visible smearing. Text reproduction in windows was excellent, better than even the 37S1 with tweaks. another cost of game mode on this set was poor color range. color gradient scale tests showed tons of banding, much more than a TN monitor, out of game modes this almost went away and with slight tweaking of the color controls via colormaster in the menu's i was able to remove the remaining banding on this TV so its fine out of game mode once tweaked but colors in game mode are definitely compromised making it a poor choice for dedicated PC monitor use. that being said i still kept this TV to use in our living room as a TV because it is a perfect set for those looking for a TV that does TV and blu ray very well with a good 120hz that works well without too much SOE and has the bonus of being a good gaming TV when you need it to be even though you are sacrificing picture quality setting into that mode its always nice to at least have the option