Toshiba 46xv545u VS. 46xv645u - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 06-22-2009, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Besides the model # change anyone see any major difference? The 545 was a "Cinema" model but I think that badge is gone now......

Thanks for your input

Monday......6 days a week???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-29-2009, 05:56 AM - Thread Starter

Guess its the same tv.........?

post #3 of 11 Old 06-29-2009, 06:02 AM

the xv645u is an 2009 model. Toshiba updated the processing engine from 4G to 5G and it also has 14 bit video processing with a 10 - bit panel. I am not sure what else has changed but you can always compare the two sets. I ordered the 40XV645U yesterday from amazon....heard some good things about the set, plus the price is nice.

I would suggest looking at their website and see whats different besides to older and newer version besides what I mentioned if there is any more.
post #4 of 11 Old 06-29-2009, 06:19 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks C-eclpise!!!!!!!!

post #5 of 11 Old 06-29-2009, 09:08 AM

one of the review at amazon says the SQ is a cons. C-eclipse have you got your set yet? Please comment or review on the SQ and update us, okay? many thanks in advance http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-REGZA-40XV645U-40-Inch-1080p/dp/B001TOD3IC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246291490&sr=8-1
post #6 of 11 Old 06-29-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwsallen View Post

one of the review at amazon says the SQ is a cons. C-eclipse have you got your set yet? Please comment or review on the SQ and update us, okay? many thanks in advance http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-REGZA-40XV645U-40-Inch-1080p/dp/B001TOD3IC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1246291490&sr=8-1

Nope haven't gotten the set yet, but will def give my overall impressions. According to amazon I should get it by weeks end or early next week Monday. I am not to worried about the sq as most lcd speakers are not great and never really crank it up. In any event, very excited to get it but will give pro an and cons and maybe we can start an official onwers thread started here as I hv not. Seen one yet.

Sorry if grammer is bad on my cell phone.
post #7 of 11 Old 06-29-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-eclipse View Post

Nope haven't gotten the set yet, but will def give my overall impressions. According to amazon I should get it by weeks end or early next week Monday. I am not to worried about the sq as most lcd speakers are not great and never really crank it up. In any event, very excited to get it but will give pro an and cons and maybe we can start an official onwers thread started here as I hv not. Seen one yet.

Sorry if grammer is bad on my cell phone.

Nice [IMG]http://www.*****************/trafficreport/img/3721/k08t1221bbuq/gdsmile.gif[/IMG]
I will also be glad to hear your update of its pros and cons.
post #8 of 11 Old 06-29-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-eclipse View Post

Sorry if grammer is bad on my cell phone.[IMG]http://***************/9/P/i.jpg[/IMG]

Nothing really to worry about then, I have read the SQ is a negative but if your speakers will suit then go for it & good luck.
post #9 of 11 Old 07-06-2009, 01:28 PM

Liked: 11
No problem with sound quailty in my opinion. Mine sounds fine.

Here is a review if you are interested:

http://www.televisioninfo.com/conten...eview-1032.htm

The review is very good and close to true. I agree that the Black Levels are great on this TV, and the Color Acruacty is good, but could be a little better. Skin tones are good.

My biggest disagreement with the article is it mentions "artifacts" I have had this TV for almost a month and have yet to see an artifact. I have it set to "smooth" as well.

I have had many LCDs to date (or setup), and love this TV. The PQ on Standard Def actually surprised me, and HD is great. The screen has a little more gloss then my others, but it seems to add to the PQ a little.

Check out the review as it does a good job.
post #10 of 11 Old 07-06-2009, 06:54 PM

Just got my set today from amazon (40XV645U) and I must say...for the price this tv is great. Blacks are very black, screen uniformity is great not a spot of clouding or blacklight bleeding (Knock on wood.) Watch some HDTV channels and they look really good and gaming on the set is wonderful. Will be observing it more as the week goes by.
post #11 of 11 Old 07-06-2009, 09:17 PM

Hello guys,

I picked up the 46 inch of this tv at futureshop here in canada.

I can say that i am loving the picture, HD looks fantastic, the menus and colour schemes have been redone compared to the 545 series they aren't blueanymore, but have a neon green to it

the blacks are really black and the screen has good uniformity.

Also. though this is a Regza, i was kind of disappionted that the remote isn't like the 545 series the 645 series remove is the ones that non regza tv got with the switch between sources located at the bottom with a dongle switch.

looking like this
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page