Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 53 Old 08-29-2009, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by glangford View Post

Seems to be a systemic problem with all LG. I have the 47LH90 and it has lip sync problems using hdmi with a scientific atlanta 8300 HD cable box as well. Just fine on cable with component feeds. DVD or blu ray on hdmi is just fine.

They are supposed to send me a usb device to upload a firmware update.

I love the TV and am not worrying about it. You are not loosing anything on cable with component feeds, which maxes out at 1080i anyway. I may just leave it that way.

Verizon is going to send you an update via usb?
Can you please keep us posted on how that goes for you as I have fios as well and would like this problem resolved.

Also does it really look the same using component as HDMI? I thought HDMI was digital and component was analog. Wouldn't that make a difference in PQ? I know that currently the max broadcast for HD is 1080i but still analog vs digital?

Any more posts on this topic would be steller!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 Old 08-29-2009, 09:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Not an endorsement, but read this post. What do you think?

Two would seem to be two too many to me too.
Sarcasm is the sincerest form of flattery.
I bid you a fondue.
post #33 of 53 Old 09-01-2009, 09:29 PM

so im thinking about getting this TV, but i want to know if anyone has tried using the new 1.3 hdmi cables to see if it worked. or has anyone received a firmware update from LG yet?
post #34 of 53 Old 09-02-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmat1 View Post

Hi,
the source is my cable box, Scientific Atlanta 8300hd using HDMI

The Scientific Atlanta 8300HD only supports HDMI 1.0. Try using a device that supports HDMI 1.3 which incorporates automatic audio synching.
post #35 of 53 Old 09-02-2009, 12:39 PM

Also, do you have the owner's manual? It says to use HDMI 1.3 on pages 26, 29, 34, 59, 110 and 111.
post #36 of 53 Old 09-03-2009, 01:44 AM

OK, I tried the sync fix and it has improved, more-so from a SD source than a HD source. I turned on a cheap audio system connected through composite at the same time, and I still get some echo effect and that's the best I can get it because after 0 the numbers just start going up.

I still think it's mostly to do with my Bell satellite dual tuner PVR (Dish 611?), as another LG model did the same thing but now that it's connected to a different model Bell HD receiver, it's fine.

and thanks to whoever posted that fix.
post #37 of 53 Old 09-06-2009, 07:58 AM

hey FYI if you call LG and tell them that you went into the Service menu to adjust the lip sync...your warranty will not cover anything you did. and also the fix discribed is not the fix..that guy just got lucky....this lip sync issue is a systemic issue with all LG LH series tv's. they had teh same problem with the 2008 models of LG series TV's. there is a firmware update that LG will send out but as of now they are still developing it.
post #38 of 53 Old 09-06-2009, 01:20 PM

On my Motorola DCT3416 I changed the "additional HDMI settings -> audio output" to L-PCM and this has solved the problem. To get to this setting power off the Moto, and then immediately press the MENU key on the front panel.
post #39 of 53 Old 09-06-2009, 06:42 PM

Wow, just made the above change on my Motorola HD Box.....so far no more lip synch issues. So exactly what did I do and most importantly what did i lose by switching the HDMI audio to L-PCM???? TV is used without a receiver or sound system. The LG service menu lip-synch tweak didn't work for me. BTW...I have a 55LH90 with June 2009 build date.
post #40 of 53 Old 09-08-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank357 View Post

So exactly what did I do and most importantly what did i lose by switching the HDMI audio to L-PCM????

I think it is just a different way to encode the information. Are you sure it isn't reducing the audio to 2 Channel stereo?

Basically, LG's display processing is faster than it's audio processing. Ironic, isn't it? They can manage LED displays at 240Hz, but can't process a simple 5.1 audio feed in time.
post #41 of 53 Old 09-08-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Mike View Post

Basically, LG's display processing is faster than it's audio processing. Ironic, isn't it? They can manage LED displays at 240Hz, but can't process a simple 5.1 audio feed in time.

It's really kind of a pity that these kinds of problems still affect the LGs. Google "LG lip sync" and it appears that similar issues plague each generation of their sets.

I'd pull the trigger right now on an LG, because its pricing would allow me to step up a size for my budget, but I don't want to have to wait for an attempted fix with no promises that it will work.

Perhaps I'm old fashioned, but I don't believe consumers should have to play the role of beta testers and help these CE companies finish their products. Computers are one thing, but I hold CE to a higher standard.
post #42 of 53 Old 09-11-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Mike View Post

I think it is just a different way to encode the information. Are you sure it isn't reducing the audio to 2 Channel stereo?

It's uncompressed audio. Technically it's superior but it depends if the Moto box is only outputting 2 channels or all 8 (7.1) through HDMI.

The Lip Sync Adjust setting doesn't seem to have any effect when the audio input is LPCM, only when it's Dolby Digital.
post #43 of 53 Old 09-15-2009, 10:51 PM

So if I connect the LG unit directly to a Comcast HD cable box (no receiver) using component cabling vs. HDMI I should avoid any audio syncing issues?
post #44 of 53 Old 09-21-2009, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonb001 View Post

On my Motorola DCT3416 I changed the "additional HDMI settings -> audio output" to L-PCM and this has solved the problem. To get to this setting power off the Moto, and then immediately press the MENU key on the front panel.

I made that change too on my Motorola DCH3200, and now I'm pretty sure the only Comcast HD channel I have lip-sync issues with is TNT HD, but that's TNT's fault.
post #45 of 53 Old 09-27-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davids101 View Post

So if I connect the LG unit directly to a Comcast HD cable box (no receiver) using component cabling vs. HDMI I should avoid any audio syncing issues?

Did you end up trying this?
post #46 of 53 Old 10-23-2009, 11:16 AM

I just received delivery of a LG 47" TV from Best Buy. I have the TV connected to my Dish Network high definition receiver with a brand new HDMI cable. I am experiencing serious lip sync problems is there anyway to fix this?
post #47 of 53 Old 01-05-2010, 05:02 PM

I was sent a file that corrects the audio lag for Lg's 47LH40 lcd. It only works for this size and model, NO OTHERS!! Dont even try it, it will corrupt your television at least thats what the technician told me. Save the file to a flash drive, go to options on the menu, and place the flash in the side of the TV. It has an autorun feature, so it will do the rest.

The file is at:
http://www.filedropper.com/usic102v43001flash
post #48 of 53 Old 01-10-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdonshula View Post

I was sent a file that corrects the audio lag for Lg's 47LH40 lcd. It only works for this size and model, NO OTHERS!! Dont even try it, it will corrupt your television at least thats what the technician told me. Save the file to a flash drive, go to options on the menu, and place the flash in the side of the TV. It has an autorun feature, so it will do the rest.

The file is at:

Where did you get this file from? I have been looking for this! I want to make sure this is a legit file.

thanks
post #49 of 53 Old 01-12-2010, 05:11 AM

I had LG service tech to the house to do the latest firmware update, lip sync improved but its still there. So i have to miss another day of work and have the tech come back this friday. I will never buy another LG product again or recommend it to anyone, i own 3 other brand LCD tvs (Phillips, Panasonic and Westinghouse) and they dont have this problem... So either there is another setting he needs to adjust or they will start replacing parts on a 2 week old TV...
post #50 of 53 Old 01-12-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightrider276 View Post

I had LG service tech to the house to do the latest firmware update, lip sync improved but its still there. So i have to miss another day of work and have the tech come back this friday. I will never buy another LG product again or recommend it to anyone, i own 3 other brand LCD tvs (Phillips, Panasonic and Westinghouse) and they dont have this problem... So either there is another setting he needs to adjust or they will start replacing parts on a 2 week old TV...

you know what I notice, its not on all channels just some of them. Weird!
post #51 of 53 Old 08-06-2010, 07:23 AM

Does anyone have this file? link doesn't work.

[quote=jdonshula;1785741]I was sent a file that corrects the audio lag for Lg's 47LH40 lcd. It only works for this size and model, NO OTHERS!! Dont even try it, it will corrupt your television at least thats what the technician told me. Save the file to a flash drive, go to options on the menu, and place the flash in the side of the TV. It has an autorun feature, so it will do the rest.

The file is at:
post #52 of 53 Old 07-31-2011, 07:25 AM

I know this thread has been dead for a while, but does anyone still have this driver out there?
post #53 of 53 Old 02-11-2012, 11:30 AM

I tried to get the info from LG, no luck. they sent me to a TV repair shop locally and they claim I need to bring the tv in. If they have something to fix on the board they will but the don't do firmware upgrades... claim I should call back LG.... this is the definition of ping pong even If outthere, there seems to be a know issue about this problem and a patch to fix it!??

If anybody have the file, please let mw know.

PP
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page