Vertical green bar on Sony XBR2 screen ??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-29-2009, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have had a Sony XBR2 for several years now and have been very happy with it. It's a 46" size. For the last month or two I am now seeing a bright green vertical bar along the right edge of the viewable area. This only seems to occur in HD programming coming from my Motorola cable box, provided by Cox. For SD programming from the box, or DVD playback from a player the line is not present. I do know that the DVD comes in via a different connection though, and I know some settings or electronics in the TV are input specific.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on what might be causing this? I am hoping it's either an adjustment (like "centering") or that the cable box has a problem, but not real sure how to diagnose, correct or prove this. One approach is swapping out the cable box I guess, but before I went that route thought I'd see what the braintrust here thought.

Below is a simulation of what I am seeing:

~gs2gf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-02-2009, 04:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

FYI, this was resolved. The problem seems to be a firmware update in the Motorola cable box. Changing the TV setting from "full pixel mode" to "normal mode" removes the problem. Not perfect, but a decent work around.

~gs2gf
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page