Official LG xxLH40 Owners Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #361 of 771 Old 12-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Newbie
 
bL1Nd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hey guys I have purchased a 42LH55, not your model I know, but basically blood blothers.

If someone could tell me how I turn off my 240hz option? I presume its the same way you turn off your 120hz. I dont see an "off" option or anything that mentions 240hz anywhere in the menu prompts.

*this is because people have reviewed they have turned it off for certain movies/shows. I would like to see the diffrence! THANKS.

(I msg on here cuz its more active here)
bL1Nd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #362 of 771 Old 12-24-2009, 06:56 AM
Member
 
cbales24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You can only turn "TruMotion" on and off. 120Hz and 240Hz should have an inconceivable effect when TruMotion is off.
cbales24 is offline  
post #363 of 771 Old 12-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Newbie
 
araomd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am hooking up an old computer I have via the VGA cable. I can't figure out how to get the audio to the TV. I have a 3.5mm jack to RCA L/R cable from the computer to the TV, but I can't figure out how to select a specific audio input on the TV when the VGA input is selected.

Thanks in advance for the help!
araomd is offline  
post #364 of 771 Old 12-26-2009, 04:05 AM
Member
 
Geo.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have noticed that when I first turn on my 55lh40 it "blinks" about 10 times before the video stays on constantly. In other words, when I first turn it on, the picture will go black for about half a second and then come back on. The picture stays on for a few seconds and then the screen goes black again for about half a second. It does this about 10 times before the picture stays on for good. Other than this, I've had no problems with the picture staying on and have had no problems with the quality of the picture. I've never seen this before in a properly operating TV, but before it goes back in the box and back to Sears, I wanted to check here and see if anyone else's does this or if this is, maybe, a quirk of this model. Thanks.
Geo. is offline  
post #365 of 771 Old 12-26-2009, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
tomdahlberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo. View Post

I have noticed that when I first turn on my 55lh40 it "blinks" about 10 times before the video stays on constantly. In other words, when I first turn it on, the picture will go black for about half a second and then come back on. The picture stays on for a few seconds and then the screen goes black again for about half a second. It does this about 10 times before the picture stays on for good. Other than this, I've had no problems with the picture staying on and have had no problems with the quality of the picture. I've never seen this before in a properly operating TV, but before it goes back in the box and back to Sears, I wanted to check here and see if anyone else's does this or if this is, maybe, a quirk of this model. Thanks.

I don't have this issue, what source are you using? Does this "blinking" issue occur with every source you use or just one in particular?
tomdahlberg is offline  
post #366 of 771 Old 12-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Member
 
Geo.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdahlberg View Post

I don't have this issue, what source are you using? Does this "blinking" issue occur with every source you use or just one in particular?

It does it whenever I first turn it on, regardless of what input it's set to. I think it's a power supply issue and took it back to Sears. A replacement will be here Wednesday.
Geo. is offline  
post #367 of 771 Old 12-27-2009, 09:46 PM
Newbie
 
alex5523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all i bought this model a couple months ago and i bougth a antenna for this hdtv and now that i tried to plug it in, in the antenna plug the coaxial cable its too thick for the plug of the hdtv, its an RCA antenna (indoor antenna performance series), why was i able to plug that antenna in my other hdtv its a 40 inch samsung and with this one i cant plug it in?? why is that different from one another the box on the antenna says that works with all brands of tvs and so, isnt that plug the same in all the tvs even if its an no hdtv?

And does anybody has some good settings for a xbox360 connected to this tv
alex5523 is offline  
post #368 of 771 Old 12-28-2009, 08:28 AM
Senior Member
 
BB_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo. View Post

I have noticed that when I first turn on my 55lh40 it "blinks" about 10 times before the video stays on constantly. In other words, when I first turn it on, the picture will go black for about half a second and then come back on. The picture stays on for a few seconds and then the screen goes black again for about half a second. It does this about 10 times before the picture stays on for good. Other than this, I've had no problems with the picture staying on and have had no problems with the quality of the picture. I've never seen this before in a properly operating TV, but before it goes back in the box and back to Sears, I wanted to check here and see if anyone else's does this or if this is, maybe, a quirk of this model. Thanks.

My set will do this if I have the component and HDMI both coming from my cable box into the TV and want to watch the Component input. It's strange, but I did some connecting and disconnecting to confirm. I have to use the component when I want to listen to cable music channels and turn the TV off. Silly HDMI is so smart that when the TV goes off, the cable box turns off too. That very same component input, however, works just fine when I send my HD camcorder into it. I have been doing this off and on lately and will probably just not use the component for the cable box music.
BB_Mike is offline  
post #369 of 771 Old 12-28-2009, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
tomdahlberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex5523 View Post

Hi all i bought this model a couple months ago and i bougth a antenna for this hdtv and now that i tried to plug it in, in the antenna plug the coaxial cable its too thick for the plug of the hdtv, its an RCA antenna (indoor antenna performance series), why was i able to plug that antenna in my other hdtv its a 40 inch samsung and with this one i cant plug it in?? why is that different from one another the box on the antenna says that works with all brands of tvs and so, isnt that plug the same in all the tvs even if its an no hdtv?

And does anybody has some good settings for a xbox360 connected to this tv

That's strange as it should be a standard size. I just confirmed that the coax going into both my HDTV tuner and my HD cable box both fit properly with the coax stud on the back of my TV. Have you tried a different cable, that one might have threading issues.

As far as xbox 360 goes I just use my in 'game' mode and it seems to be just fine.
tomdahlberg is offline  
post #370 of 771 Old 12-28-2009, 08:40 AM
AVS Special Member
 
OnlookerDelay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 1,153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I'm strongly considering the purchase of a 55lh40 later this week, but I'm reading scattered reports of this set being a bit top heavy, when mounted on its stand. My entertainment center is the perfect height for this set and I was planning to use the stand to support it. Occasionally I'm prone to rotate my current set (a 56" JVC rear projection LCoS) about 20 degrees for when I'm watching football or basketball while sitting in my corner situated recliner. It has a fairly broad base on its stand and is faily light (65 lbs). I've never had a fear about rotating it.

Have any of you who own the 55lh40 ever felt its stability on the stand was questionable? Would you have any fear of rotating 20 to 30 degrees on the stand to temporarily face a different direction?

BTW, I'm completely happy with my JVC 56FC97, but my wife want to move it upstairs into the rec room so that all of the XBox 360 paraphenalia (Rock Band instruments, Force Feedback steering wheel, table and seat, controllers, game cases, etc.) will follow it to its new location. I told her the LG 55lh40 would be 1/3 rd the depth of the 56FC97, and wouldn't project into our living room as far... she was sold with that and the XBox 360 entourage going upstairs

"If the amount of views was how we judged the quality of a thread, then all we would have is a bunch of trolling fanboy threads."... Kysersose
OnlookerDelay is offline  
post #371 of 771 Old 12-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Advanced Member
 
tomdahlberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay View Post

I'm strongly considering the purchase of a 55lh40 later this week, but I'm reading scattered reports of this set being a bit top heavy, when mounted on its stand. My entertainment center is the perfect height for this set and I was planning to use the stand to support it. Occasionally I'm prone to rotate my current set (a 56" JVC rear projection LCoS) about 20 degrees for when I'm watching football or basketball while sitting in my corner situated recliner. It has a fairly broad base on its stand and is faily light (65 lbs). I've never had a fear about rotating it.

Have any of you who own the 55lh40 ever felt its stability on the stand was questionable? Would you have any fear of rotating 20 to 30 degrees on the stand to temporarily face a different direction?

BTW, I'm completely happy with my JVC 56FC97, but my wife want to move it upstairs into the rec room so that all of the XBox 360 paraphenalia (Rock Band instruments, Force Feedback steering wheel, table and seat, controllers, game cases, etc.) will follow it to its new location. I told her the LG 55lh40 would be 1/3 rd the depth of the 56FC97, and wouldn't project into our living room as far... she was sold with that and the XBox 360 entourage going upstairs

The TV does have some "wobble" but I think it's fairly standard among TV stands that allow for rotation. At no point have I felt that my TV was going to fall over so I wouldn't be too concerned about that.
tomdahlberg is offline  
post #372 of 771 Old 12-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Newbie
 
kamran314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi
I have LG55LH40 with V04.05.00. I eventually has to take this TV back oversees where we use PAL/B.

Manual says following:
Power Requirement: AC 110-240 50/60 Hz
Television System: NTSC-M, ATSC, 64 and 256 QAM

I read in some other forum that if TV is 220v then it usually supports other TV systems though it is not advertised......

I checked TV's service menu also and noticed that "two systems" were selected in drop down menu as under:
service menu>option 4(system)>Analogue System>2 System........
and there was still an option for "three system" and "four system"

I did select " four system" but the PAL playback was in black and white with poor signal quality.
There are some other options also in the sub menu system , which I did not change and I did not know about them......
can some one help .....
Thanks in advance
kamran314 is offline  
post #373 of 771 Old 12-28-2009, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
tomdahlberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamran314 View Post

Hi
I have LG55LH40 with V04.05.00. I eventually has to take this TV back oversees where we use PAL/B.

Manual says following:
Power Requirement: AC 110-240 50/60 Hz
Television System: NTSC-M, ATSC, 64 and 256 QAM

I read in some other forum that if TV is 220v then it usually supports other TV systems though it is not advertised......

I checked TV's service menu also and noticed that "two systems" were selected in drop down menu as under:
service menu>option 4(system)>Analogue System>2 System........
and there was still an option for "three system" and "four system"

I did select " four system" but the PAL playback was in black and white with poor signal quality.
There are some other options also in the sub menu system , which I did not change and I did not know about them......
can some one help .....
Thanks in advance

I think you best best might be to contact LG, they might be able to better assist you in this matter.
tomdahlberg is offline  
post #374 of 771 Old 12-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
tomdahlberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone here using their xxLH40 series with a Panasonic BD60? I am having some PQ issues and I am trying to figure out if it's related to the blu-ray player or the TV itself? I get sort of a "hazy pixelated" buffer around a person or object that's moving. I don't see this during HDTV so I am thinking that it might be related to 24p playback? Any thoughts?
tomdahlberg is offline  
post #375 of 771 Old 12-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Member
 
Georgie3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdahlberg View Post

Anyone here using their xxLH40 series with a Panasonic BD60? I am having some PQ issues and I am trying to figure out if it's related to the blu-ray player or the TV itself? I get sort of a "hazy pixelated" buffer around a person or object that's moving. I don't see this during HDTV so I am thinking that it might be related to 24p playback? Any thoughts?

Try turning off the TruMotion 120 Hz, in the TV's picture settings under advanced.
Georgie3 is offline  
post #376 of 771 Old 12-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Newbie
 
whoami.2k7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Will turning off the true motion in LH40 turns off the 120Hz feature? Will the TV runs with 60Hz ?

Are true motion and 120Hz features same or different?
whoami.2k7 is offline  
post #377 of 771 Old 12-29-2009, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
OnlookerDelay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rock Hill, SC
Posts: 1,153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdahlberg View Post

The TV does have some "wobble" but I think it's fairly standard among TV stands that allow for rotation. At no point have I felt that my TV was going to fall over so I wouldn't be too concerned about that.

Many thanks Tom; your response allays my concerns about this The only thing that concerns me still is that my JVC 563FC97 is a 56" screen. I'll be stepping down to a 55" screen with a 55lh40, while move the screen an additional 7 or 8 inchers further away from the viewing area. My recliner and sofa are 12 to 13 feet away from the screen as it now stands and I already think I could do with a bigger screen.

I looked at a 58" Panasonic Viera last night at Best Buy and was able to compare it with a nearby 55" Samsung LCD. I didn't have to use my imagination to spot the difference in size when I stood off a measured 14' from each. I'm thinking I may jump on a Samsung PN58B550 (58") Plasma (I was able to demo the 50" version of this set and was very impressed) which currently would only set me back an additional $100. The down side is that this set will consume 2 to 2 1/2 times as much power as the 55lh40.

"If the amount of views was how we judged the quality of a thread, then all we would have is a bunch of trolling fanboy threads."... Kysersose
OnlookerDelay is offline  
post #378 of 771 Old 12-29-2009, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
tomdahlberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie3 View Post

Try turning off the TruMotion 120 Hz, in the TV's picture settings under advanced.

Yeah, I've tried turning that off as well as "cinema" or whatever LG refers to it as, didn't seem to help buy maybe I'll do a more scientific test and actually document my results.
tomdahlberg is offline  
post #379 of 771 Old 12-29-2009, 07:53 AM
Advanced Member
 
tomdahlberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoami.2k7 View Post

Will turning off the true motion in LH40 turns off the 120Hz feature? Will the TV runs with 60Hz ?

Are true motion and 120Hz features same or different?

I think every manufacturer has a different name for their 120hz technology, LG seems to use the "true motion" nomenclature.
tomdahlberg is offline  
post #380 of 771 Old 12-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Member
 
Georgie3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 82
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoami.2k7 View Post

Will turning off the true motion in LH40 turns off the 120Hz feature? Will the TV runs with 60Hz ?

Are true motion and 120Hz features same or different?

Remember nothing in your source material updates faster than 60 Hz. 24p mode from your bluray updates at 24 Hz, video gives you 30 fps in North America, and interlaced video gives you at most 60 fields per sec.

TVs which can interpolate frames at 120 Hz allow changes to happen at faster rates, at the expense of possible artifacts. When the interpolation is off you get whatever update rate is in your source material. But you still benefit from the general faster response times of most 120 Hz sets, and the fact that 3:2 pulldown is no longer needed for film sources. 24 divides evenly into 120, so showing each cinema frame 5 times does the trick and removes motion hiccups (5:5 pulldown).

Interestingly the resulting film judder will be more even, but may look worse than before, one of the reasons the interpolation modes were developed. See the following writeup: http://www.projectorcentral.com/judder_24p.htm
Georgie3 is offline  
post #381 of 771 Old 12-29-2009, 09:57 AM
Newbie
 
whoami.2k7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie3 View Post

Remember nothing in your source material updates faster than 60 Hz. 24p mode from your bluray updates at 24 Hz, video gives you 30 fps in North America, and interlaced video gives you at most 60 fields per sec.

TVs which can interpolate frames at 120 Hz allow changes to happen at faster rates, at the expense of possible artifacts. When the interpolation is off you get whatever update rate is in your source material. But you still benefit from the general faster response times of most 120 Hz sets, and the fact that 3:2 pulldown is no longer needed for film sources. 24 divides evenly into 120, so showing each cinema frame 5 times does the trick and removes motion hiccups (5:5 pulldown).

Interestingly the resulting film judder will be more even, but may look worse than before, one of the reasons the interpolation modes were developed. See the following writeup:

Are LH40 series with true motion turned off and LH30 series same?
If they are same what the point in buying LH40 as we allways keep true motion to off to get the better picture?
whoami.2k7 is offline  
post #382 of 771 Old 12-29-2009, 10:32 AM
Newbie
 
Corndart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyPush View Post

We were looking for a good replacement for our Toshiba 36" tube TV.

Best Buy got us a deal Saturday night for the 47LH40 with the LG BD370, an Insignia HDMI Cable and tax for under $1100 out the door. I was happy with that price.

Saturday, WOW Cable comes out to set up the HD DVR so we can take advantage of the system over Cable.

I hooked up the player to my USR 5430 Access point 801.1G I used to use for my xBox system, so I have access to all the online options and updates.

The only disappointment is that there is only digital optical audio out on the set, and none of my (older) sound system is compatible with it. It appears that my goal to set up a RocketFish Wireless HD Audio system would not work directly from this system either.

I have three questions at this point and haven't been able to find all the information here yet; there's a lot to read!

1) What are the optimum settings for what above described *Video* setup?

2) Is there a way to get the TOSlink adapted to a RCA system fairly inexpensively?

3) Does anyone know if the WOW DVR tuner connects to the TV by HDMI or Cable?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sean

I believe the LG only does pass-through on the TOSlink output, it won't "originate" any signal from the built-in QAM tuner. I had to connect a cable box via HDMI and now the audio information is correctly being sent to my soundbar.
Corndart is offline  
post #383 of 771 Old 12-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Member
 
Geo.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay View Post

Many thanks Tom; your response allays my concerns about this The only thing that concerns me still is that my JVC 563FC97 is a 56" screen. I'll be stepping down to a 55" screen with a 55lh40, while move the screen an additional 7 or 8 inchers further away from the viewing area. My recliner and sofa are 12 to 13 feet away from the screen as it now stands and I already think I could do with a bigger screen.

I looked at a 58" Panasonic Viera last night at Best Buy and was able to compare it with a nearby 55" Samsung LCD. I didn't have to use my imagination to spot the difference in size when I stood off a measured 14' from each. I'm thinking I may jump on a Samsung PN58B550 (58") Plasma (I was able to demo the 50" version of this set and was very impressed) which currently would only set me back an additional $100. The down side is that this set will consume 2 to 2 1/2 times as much power as the 55lh40.

Just a heads up. Before you buy the Samsung PN58B550, take a look at the AVS forum Samsung B Series Buzz thread. If you do go ahead and buy it, make sure you have a solid return option.
Geo. is offline  
post #384 of 771 Old 12-29-2009, 10:01 PM
Member
 
vwbmw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My 42LH50 (mfr: Nov'09) was delivered a week ago, but I've not had time during the holiday activities to evaluate it to my satisfaction (I'm mostly concerned about shadow details and avoiding the Soap Opera Effect). I'm posting here because the xxLH50 forum has little activity, and it's been said that the xxLH50 is basically a xxLH40 panel with a network connection.

However, my firmware [using five '1' presses while on Menu\\Option] is 03.12.7 (9591) ...not the 4.05.0 or 4.30.1 that xxLH40 owners report here. So does this simply mean that although the panels may be 'the same', the firmware is apples vs oranges (LH40 vs LH50)?

FWIW, p.68 of the xxLH50 PDF manual indicates that the firmware can be updated directly via network connection. [I've not tried that yet; I prefer to first 'learn' the LH50 as-is, not risk mucking something up with a non-reversible FW update]
vwbmw is offline  
post #385 of 771 Old 12-30-2009, 06:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
tomdahlberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Minneapolis MN
Posts: 791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwbmw View Post

My 42LH50 (mfr: Nov'09) was delivered a week ago, but I've not had time during the holiday activities to evaluate it to my satisfaction (I'm mostly concerned about shadow details and avoiding the Soap Opera Effect). I'm posting here because the xxLH50 forum has little activity, and it's been said that the xxLH50 is basically a xxLH40 panel with a network connection.

However, my firmware [using five '1' presses while on Menu\\Option] is 03.12.7 (9591) ...not the 4.05.0 or 4.30.1 that xxLH40 owners report here. So does this simply mean that although the panels may be 'the same', the firmware is apples vs oranges (LH40 vs LH50)?

FWIW, p.68 of the xxLH50 PDF manual indicates that the firmware can be updated directly via network connection. [I've not tried that yet; I prefer to first 'learn' the LH50 as-is, not risk mucking something up with a non-reversible FW update]

Yes, I believe they xxLH40 and xxLH50 series will be running different firmware versions. I don't know specifically what the most current firmware for the 50 series is, might be worth shooting LG an email just to be sure.
tomdahlberg is offline  
post #386 of 771 Old 12-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Newbie
 
kamran314's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdahlberg View Post

I think you best best might be to contact LG, they might be able to better assist you in this matter.

I Called LG USA and customer service rep was not aware about PAL system.........Will try again .
kamran314 is offline  
post #387 of 771 Old 12-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Senior Member
 
BB_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo. View Post

I have noticed that when I first turn on my 55lh40 it "blinks" about 10 times before the video stays on constantly. In other words, when I first turn it on, the picture will go black for about half a second and then come back on. The picture stays on for a few seconds and then the screen goes black again for about half a second. It does this about 10 times before the picture stays on for good. Other than this, I've had no problems with the picture staying on and have had no problems with the quality of the picture. I've never seen this before in a properly operating TV, but before it goes back in the box and back to Sears, I wanted to check here and see if anyone else's does this or if this is, maybe, a quirk of this model. Thanks.


Geo, I recreated this last night by taking the component 1 hook up and leaving the cable on connected on the device end. got the same blinking on the HDMI 1 input. The component I had going to my Camcorder, and when I disconnected the camcorder and switch the TV to HDMI I saw the flickering on/off of the screen. I disconnected the loose component cable from the back of the TV and away it went.

It seemed to only happen when I switched from component to HDMI. If I just powered the set on, all was fine. It might be simple link related, not sure. I try not to find problems these days, just fix and avoid them!! life is easier this way.
BB_Mike is offline  
post #388 of 771 Old 12-30-2009, 11:15 AM
Senior Member
 
BB_Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Madison, AL
Posts: 325
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question about video formats using USB

My HD camcorder puts out .MTS and I've been trying to find a way to change that format into a format/style that my blu ray BD-390 player will accept. That's proving difficult.

Windows movie maker will convert .MTS to .MWV, so I am asking if the TV will play a .MWV file via the USB ?

If not, what format should I shoot for, and what size USB drive can I hang off the end of the television?

I tried to ask this question before I bought my camcorder and didn't get any feedback, so I am slowly working through my problem. I don't want to be an expert in this... but it's looking like I can't avoid getting knee deep in the joy of video codecs and formats.

If I use the cyberlinksoftware to edit, I can output:
Video File Exporting
•MPEG-2
•MPEG-4
•MPEG-4 AVC
•WMV

Will the MPEG-4 AVC play via USB on my LGTV?
BB_Mike is offline  
post #389 of 771 Old 12-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Member
 
bakers12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Chicago - Western Suburbs
Posts: 104
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoami.2k7 View Post

Will turning off the true motion in LH40 turns off the 120Hz feature? Will the TV runs with 60Hz ?

Are true motion and 120Hz features same or different?

The TV will always refresh at 120Hz. Tru Motion 120Hz is LG's name for their video processing software that is supposed to make moving objects look better, but most people think it looks worse.

Turning off Tru Motion 120Hz does not affect the refresh rate.
bakers12 is offline  
post #390 of 771 Old 12-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Newbie
 
suzukij's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi
Just bought a LG 55lh41 and cant get my ps3 to display 1080p
every time i go to the ps3 display settings and check the 1080p box the screen goes blank as it doesnt recognize the 1080p capability from the tv.

i know games arent suppose to be in 1080p but the ps3 menu should and i should be able to select this display for bluray

tried 6 different hdmi: 2 from monoprice 1 from ebay, a philips one from coscto, a intec and a random brand one. No luck

the funny thing is that i can enabled 1080p 24p in video options of ps3 and when a bluray is playing i can see the info on the tv getting a 1080 24p signal( doesnt say i or P) but ps3 is still set to 1080i

anybody able to put the ps3 in 1080p display with lh40 or lh41 models ???
been searching the net for 2 days for answer or solution
about to go crazy !

thanks
suzukij is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off