Samsung B8500 officially announced! - Page 71 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2101 of 2310 Old 11-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
Something_Soft's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: MN
Posts: 502
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barometer View Post

No, but Apple has a field day with Mac commercials!!!

Funny how Samsung had plasma buzz (B860), flashlighting (B8000), and now crop circles. Have any problems been reported with other manufacturers of the thin displays??? Is Samsung the HD-equivalent of Microsoft?

To tell you the truth, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows XP, and Windows are all pretty awesome.
Something_Soft is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2102 of 2310 Old 11-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Barometer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Something_Soft View Post

To tell you the truth, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows XP, and Windows are all pretty awesome.

How many Ctrl-Alt-Del have you have to do in the last three years because the system was locked up?
Me? ZERO

How many OS updates, particularly for security, have you had to install in the last three years?
Me? ONE

Guess which OS I have!
Barometer is offline  
post #2103 of 2310 Old 11-20-2009, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member
 
omeletpants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,154
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barometer View Post

This sounds like the same logic General Motors had in the 80s regarding automobiles - they're complicated, there will always be problems, just accept it. Then, along comes Honda and Toyota.

Maybe I'm naive, but I don't accept that all electronics have to have flaws. Maybe the HD technology is still in its infancy, I don't know. But it seems to me Samsung has more than its share of quality problems.

Yes, you are naive. Name one electronic product ever made that didn't have failures? Unless you have "meantime to failure" data on Samsung products (and you don't) then you are just guessing and making stuff up.
omeletpants is offline  
post #2104 of 2310 Old 11-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Member
 
bknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
these rumors of production being halted are kind of freaking me out!

so far, touch wood, i have had no crop circles on my 55 inch which is about two weeks old. if samsung ceases production and if that means there is a fundamental issue with this set, what does that mean for existing customers? it's not exactly easy for us to return an item this large.

guess i should wait until the rumors are definitively confirmed but this is pretty worrying!
bknight is offline  
post #2105 of 2310 Old 11-20-2009, 07:07 PM
Member
 
Align's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvak View Post

Just got off the phone with Samsung and they did tell me that they were stopping production of this model but would not elaborate as to why

I've seen several Samsung LED/LCD TVs in commercials lately but they have all been for the 8000 model not the 8500. I also noticed that HHGregg (with the latest and greatest) still does not carry the 8500 but it still has the 8000 for sale. I suspect that Samsung has jump the gun and came out with the 8500 too soon before they cleared out their 8000 model inventory. With the economy the way it is, this wouldn't surprise me.
Align is offline  
post #2106 of 2310 Old 11-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
JoeSony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Align View Post

I've seen several Samsung LED/LCD TVs in commercials lately but they have all been for the 8000 model not the 8500. I also noticed that HHGregg (with the latest and greatest) still does not carry the 8500 but it still has the 8000 for sale. I suspect that Samsung has jump the gun and came out with the 8500 too soon before they cleared out their 8000 model inventory. With the economy the way it is, this wouldn't surprise me.

If they stopped production (I'm still waiting to see other sources to confirm that) then it may only be a pause in production to correct a problem, not from a selling standpoint.
JoeSony is offline  
post #2107 of 2310 Old 11-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Member
 
PrettyPixels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvak View Post

Just got off the phone with Samsung and they did tell me that they were stopping production of this model but would not elaborate as to why

@bvak

I see your post here and the other forum.

I have no idea if your info is legit but you have definately caused a ton of people to worry without any information to back it up. I am new to this forum too and I really want this TV, but right now I see it as FUD that is being spread.

I cannot verify what you have posted, but even if it is true, it was irresponsible for tech support to say something without having a good way to back it up.

Please excuse my skeptisms but I hope you can see there is little evidence to support your claim and anyone can get on the internet and say whatever they want.

I see that Amazon, Vann's and other retailers are all still selling the model and in the case of Vanns it is in stock. If there was truely a stop in production they would have stopped sales as well because otherwise Samsung would be liable for the warrenty claims of the remaining items as well and retailers would be stuck with stock that has to be managed and inventory that will be taxed at the end of the year if they cannot move it.

Your post is also starting to spawn other conspiracy theories such as "lack of sales" -- what people don't seem to understand about manufacturing is that parts need to ordered months ahead of time and money to those parts is already committed -- the cost of shutting down the line would be greater than going through and then heavily discounting a poorly selling model.

Sorry, the problem is legit -- all the other items being spouted out are just FUD until proven otherwise.
PrettyPixels is offline  
post #2108 of 2310 Old 11-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Member
 
hanano17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Amazon has it in stock still as well. Best Buy is still show casing it in the main attraction spot at my BB (the spot with the sofa and surround sound). IF they did stop production, there can be many reasons for it other than just discontinuing the model. It may be the case that there's a supply/demand issue and so they stopped production momentarily, but I doubt that. Weren't a lot of places selling out when it first came out? Maybe they stopped to fix something, but if they did, wouldn't they have to issue a recall or at least a disclaimer for those who have purchased one? It could be that the 8500s were intended to be a limited run model, but I doubt they'd do that...these aren't cars. Like the above poster said, I just find that hard to believe without any real substance to back it up. Again, to discontinue a product line merely because theres a minor issue with these crop circles that can likely be remedied with a firmware update just seems like a vast overreaction.

Yes, I think this crop circle issue is minor. It's not constant, doesn't happen to everyone and apparently goes away when powered down and powered back.

The fact that you called samsung and a rep told you that, doesn't necessarily mean they told the truth or even know what they are talking about. For example, I tried to upgrade my cell phone at a corporate verizon store a few weeks ago. I was told that I couldn't because I upgraded last year twice. Once from an LG Voyager to another LG Voyager (what?) and then from that to a BB Storm. They had no idea what was going on and told me to call CS. So I did and was told I upgraded once, and it was to the BB Storm and I could upgrade again if i wanted. Sorry for the long example, but I hope you get the analogy and point I was making. Sometimes reps and employee's don't know what's going on.
hanano17 is offline  
post #2109 of 2310 Old 11-20-2009, 10:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
motoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: California
Posts: 1,622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I own a UN55B8500 and haven't seen any problems yet. Hope I don't and hopefully Samsung will find the problem and correct it.

I'm not saying what a person heard is true or not but I would not put allot of stock into what a phone tech support person says about production being shut down. I'm just not sure someone at that level would have that type of information. Just my thoughts and don't want to offend anyone but let's just wait and see what happens.

Jim
motoman is offline  
post #2110 of 2310 Old 11-21-2009, 01:25 AM
Senior Member
 
jonLavs's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bvak View Post

Just got off the phone with Samsung and they did tell me that they were stopping production of this model but would not elaborate as to why

Please provide the details of your call here on the forum. Give us the phone number and if you were smart enough, the tech support person's name. I'm sorry but you have a total of 6 post and the fact that you posted the exact same thing on another forum sounds kinda fishy. What is your motive here? While you may be legit in your motives, giving us the number and info on the call would help us. I or someone else on this forum could call the same number to verify the claim. Otherwise, without more info, this thread goes into the IGNORE bin.
jonLavs is offline  
post #2111 of 2310 Old 11-21-2009, 05:22 AM
Member
 
PrettyPixels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonLavs View Post

Please provide the details of your call here on the forum. Give us the phone number and if you were smart enough, the tech support person's name. I'm sorry but you have a total of 6 post and the fact that you posted the exact same thing on another forum sounds kinda fishy. What is your motive here? While you may be legit in your motives, giving us the number and info on the call would help us. I or someone else on this forum could call the same number to verify the claim. Otherwise, without more info, this thread goes into the IGNORE bin.

I saw on the other forum someone else contacted Samsung and was told there was no stoppage of production. Who is wrong? Who is right? Nobody knows and that is going to cause FUD which may ruin a nice product.
PrettyPixels is offline  
post #2112 of 2310 Old 11-21-2009, 08:23 AM
Newbie
 
bvak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonLavs View Post

Please provide the details of your call here on the forum. Give us the phone number and if you were smart enough, the tech support person's name. I'm sorry but you have a total of 6 post and the fact that you posted the exact same thing on another forum sounds kinda fishy. What is your motive here? While you may be legit in your motives, giving us the number and info on the call would help us. I or someone else on this forum could call the same number to verify the claim. Otherwise, without more info, this thread goes into the IGNORE bin.

I don't have any motive here except that I own an 8500. The fact that I only have 6 post does not mean that I'm not concerned. I only joined this forum after I decided to purchase a new LED TV and found dicussion on the one I liked. The number I called was 800-726-7864 from the Samsung web site. I talk to a girl I beleive her name was Alesia. I too can not verify what she told me is true but she is from Samsung and all I'm doing is passing on info I received. I did not start this concern, only tried to research it. I don't like it either but if your smart enough or think it's fishy do your own research, don't shoot the messenger.
bvak is offline  
post #2113 of 2310 Old 11-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Axel Olmos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Oakland, CA USA
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The assumptions people are making seem to be a little off base.

1. There is a survey going on in another forum that is currently shows 4/9 people reporting having experienced crop circles. That means 5/9 people do NOT get them. No one has reported them be permanent. No one has had them not go away after unplugging the TV. No one is able to reproduce them at will. The frequency of it happening IF it happens, sounds like it's once every several hundred viewing hours.

2. Based on two posts by the same person on two different forums, people have come to the conclusion that the assembly line is indefinitely stopped, and they should not consider buying this TV. The next assumptions are that the crop circles stopped the assembly line.

No one wants to pay a lot of money for a "lemon".

That being said, if you buy this TV from a reputable local dealer, and you run into problems with the set, you just box it up and return it.

If you want to save the most money possible, you order it over the Internet, on sale, using coupons, and face the facts that having to return it may be painful for you. You gamble convenience if something goes wrong for cost savings.

Things go wrong all the time, but the evidence at hand is still that the majority of people who purchased this set got a working product with arguably the best picture, power consumption, and features of the sets currently out there.

This is AV Science- gather the facts as you see them, put a probability on your success, and decide if it's worth it. I'm more of a risk taker than most. If the amount you are spending on your TV or your car or whatever is so much that you obsess over it, worry about it, and make it drama in your life you either need a cheaper car or TV or more money.
Axel Olmos is offline  
post #2114 of 2310 Old 11-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
Don S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Bayville, NJ
Posts: 565
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Olmos View Post

...

1. There is a survey going on in another forum that is currently shows 4/9 people reporting having experienced crop circles. That means 5/9 people do NOT get them. ...


I think maybe that is what's needed here to add a bit of clarity. Someone should start a poll here for 8500 owners to see if they have ever had the problem, or have it now. I think that would at least remove a bit of the guessing that seems to be happening about if this is just an anomaly or a common problem. I have the 55" 8500 and never had the issue for one ...
Don S is offline  
post #2115 of 2310 Old 11-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Member
 
Zodiac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Olmos View Post

The assumptions people are making seem to be a little off base.

1. There is a survey going on in another forum that is currently shows 4/9 people reporting having experienced crop circles. That means 5/9 people do NOT get them. No one has reported them be permanent. No one has had them not go away after unplugging the TV. No one is able to reproduce them at will. The frequency of it happening IF it happens, sounds like it's once every several hundred viewing hours.

2. Based on two posts by the same person on two different forums, people have come to the conclusion that the assembly line is indefinitely stopped, and they should not consider buying this TV. The next assumptions are that the crop circles stopped the assembly line.

No one wants to pay a lot of money for a "lemon".

That being said, if you buy this TV from a reputable local dealer, and you run into problems with the set, you just box it up and return it.

If you want to save the most money possible, you order it over the Internet, on sale, using coupons, and face the facts that having to return it may be painful for you. You gamble convenience if something goes wrong for cost savings.

Things go wrong all the time, but the evidence at hand is still that the majority of people who purchased this set got a working product with arguably the best picture, power consumption, and features of the sets currently out there.

This is AV Science- gather the facts as you see them, put a probability on your success, and decide if it's worth it. I'm more of a risk taker than most. If the amount you are spending on your TV or your car or whatever is so much that you obsess over it, worry about it, and make it drama in your life you either need a cheaper car or TV or more money.

Here, here!!!
Zodiac is offline  
post #2116 of 2310 Old 11-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Member
 
hanano17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There are people now on the other forum who said they also called samsung and were told the opposite, that they are not stopping production. I believe/agree with them.
hanano17 is offline  
post #2117 of 2310 Old 11-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Senior Member
 
Axel Olmos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Oakland, CA USA
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Movie mode:


Game mode:


I did a laptop test using a 30fps video file from http://hdtvlag.googlepages.com. I got 4/30ths of a second lag in the mode I use to watch movies, and 2/30ths in the Samsung "game mode".

By my math, thats 133 ms movie mode, and 67 ms in game mode.

I play PS3 games in movie mode, and haven't noticed. I do not play the games where problems are likely to show up.
LL
LL
Axel Olmos is offline  
post #2118 of 2310 Old 11-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Member
 
PrettyPixels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 72
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Olmos View Post

Movie mode:


Game mode:


I did a laptop test using a 30fps video file from http://hdtvlag.googlepages.com. I got 4/30ths of a second lag in the mode I use to watch movies, and 2/30ths in the Samsung "game mode".

By my math, thats 133 ms movie mode, and 67 ms in game mode.

I play PS3 games in movie mode, and haven't noticed. I do not play the games where problems are likely to show up.


Are these values good or bad on average? Is this typical or worse than most other TVs?
PrettyPixels is offline  
post #2119 of 2310 Old 11-22-2009, 05:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
caeguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I seem to experience more or less lag based upon options such as Film Mode, AutoMotion Pro 240, etc. Did you use the default settings for Movie mode? If not, what options did you change.

BTW - Good work and thanks. I've been dialing in my AVR lip sync and may make some changes based upon your tests.

Samsung PN60F8500, Panasonic TH-42PD25U/P, Pioneer VSX-1018TXH-K, Oppo BDP-93, Aperion Audio 5T&5C, HSU STF-2, PS3, Wii, HTPC, SD Homerun Prime, Ceton Echo
caeguy is online now  
post #2120 of 2310 Old 11-22-2009, 05:29 AM
Senior Member
 
ubercool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barometer View Post

How many Ctrl-Alt-Del have you have to do in the last three years because the system was locked up?
Me? ZERO

How many OS updates, particularly for security, have you had to install in the last three years?
Me? ONE

I gather you never use your Windoze machine.
ubercool is offline  
post #2121 of 2310 Old 11-22-2009, 05:35 AM
Senior Member
 
ubercool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Align View Post

I've seen several Samsung LED/LCD TVs in commercials lately but they have all been for the 8000 model not the 8500. I also noticed that HHGregg (with the latest and greatest) still does not carry the 8500 but it still has the 8000 for sale. I suspect that Samsung has jump the gun and came out with the 8500 too soon before they cleared out their 8000 model inventory. With the economy the way it is, this wouldn't surprise me.

You guys are all spreading FUD for no apparent reason. I just received a Big River e-mail and they're having a 36-month, no finance charge promotion on the B8500 series and the price on the 46 is *spectacular* with FREE shipping. That price is even lower than Cleveland Plasma's pre-order price. Go grab it kids!
ubercool is offline  
post #2122 of 2310 Old 11-22-2009, 05:56 AM
Senior Member
 
ubercool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I saw this in the Amazon.com review for the 46B8500:

Quote:


The remote is RF rather than the standard IR that most home theater equipment uses. While many people may consider this a plus, the downside for me is that I can't use my universal remote with the TV. For years I've only had one remote on my coffee table, now I have to have two.

I know that someone mentioned way back in this thread that it also works with IR. Can owners please confirm that this unit indeed requires its own remote control or does it support both RF and IR?
ubercool is offline  
post #2123 of 2310 Old 11-22-2009, 06:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
smurraybhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Posts: 1,584
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 383
Both - poster is ill informed - many who post on Amazon don't even own the sets they post about - whether that's the case with this one or not I don't know since I haven't checked it out.
smurraybhm is offline  
post #2124 of 2310 Old 11-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Member
 
jorial79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Olmos View Post

The assumptions people are making seem to be a little off base.

1. There is a survey going on in another forum that is currently shows 4/9 people reporting having experienced crop circles. That means 5/9 people do NOT get them.

Excuse me but anyone who has taken statistics in college would tell you your assumption is uneducated and without basis. That number of reports for a intermittent problem is alarming. We have no idea how many people have this or will get this. Especially since this shows up for some people like a month later.
jorial79 is offline  
post #2125 of 2310 Old 11-22-2009, 06:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
SoundsGood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,661
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorial79 View Post

Especially since this shows up for some people like a month later.

That's the scary part. Problem within the 30 day return policy? Not so bad. But after the 30 days? Not so good.
SoundsGood is offline  
post #2126 of 2310 Old 11-22-2009, 07:04 AM
Member
 
jorial79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsGood View Post

That's the scary part. Problem within the 30 day return policy? Not so bad. But after the 30 days? Not so good.

But if you take pictures before you unplug or turn of your tv and contact samsung they might work with you under warranty. Just make sure you buy from an authorized samsung source. Possibly contact samsung before you buy to see what you would have to do if you buy this tv and this problem well "crops" up.... May cost you in shipping.
jorial79 is offline  
post #2127 of 2310 Old 11-22-2009, 07:09 AM
Member
 
Bob_422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Salida, Colorado
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ubercool View Post

I saw this in the Amazon.com review for the 46B8500:

I know that someone mentioned way back in this thread that it also works with IR. Can owners please confirm that this unit indeed requires its own remote control or does it support both RF and IR?

Yes, It works with both. I have the complete IR Hex Code list in an Excel spreadsheet that I downloaded from the other forum. I used them with my Marantz RC9200 remote.
Bob_422 is offline  
post #2128 of 2310 Old 11-22-2009, 07:21 AM
Senior Member
 
ubercool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 378
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

Both - poster is ill informed - many who post on Amazon don't even own the sets they post about - whether that's the case with this one or not I don't know since I haven't checked it out.

The reviewer appears to be well-informed. He goes on ad infinitum about the audio and Internet capabilities, and actually dings the set to 4-1/2 stars for its connectivity solutions and the fact that it apparently does not pass digital audio through HDMI. But he did screw up on the IR feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_422 View Post

Yes, It works with both. I have the complete IR Hex Code list in an Excel spreadsheet that I downloaded from the other forum. I used them with my Marantz RC9200 remote.

Good to know this is confirmed. When I receive my unit from Amazon.com, I will "correct" his review.
ubercool is offline  
post #2129 of 2310 Old 11-22-2009, 07:52 AM
Senior Member
 
Axel Olmos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Oakland, CA USA
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorial79 View Post

Excuse me but anyone who has taken statistics in college would tell you your assumption is uneducated and without basis. That number of reports for a intermittent problem is alarming. We have no idea how many people have this or will get this. Especially since this shows up for some people like a month later.

This is classic FUD. Whether intentional or not, you are creating an environment where the right answer is not to buy the product, but to wait indefinitely.

As soon as crop circles happen on my TV, I'll post a picture.

I've had no crop circles.

I did take statistics in College. It's like anything- garbage in, garbage out. Our assumptions are based on Internet postings. The best data is going to come from someone who deals with a lot of these TVs, and that sounds like Samsung or a big dealer to me.

I have never before seen an issue with such an easy workaround for such a highly rated product cause so much fear.
Axel Olmos is offline  
post #2130 of 2310 Old 11-22-2009, 08:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Axel Olmos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Oakland, CA USA
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by caeguy View Post

I seem to experience more or less lag based upon options such as Film Mode, AutoMotion Pro 240, etc. Did you use the default settings for Movie mode? If not, what options did you change.

BTW - Good work and thanks. I've been dialing in my AVR lip sync and may make some changes based upon your tests.

I used the CNET settings when I got the 4/30 lag.

I turned on Game Mode, and got 2/30 lag. I tried turning off a bunch of random settings to try and make it better, but nothing I did seemed to reduce lag any further.
Axel Olmos is offline  
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off