Vizio remote control or IR sensor issue? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 08-13-2009, 08:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I own a Vizio VO37L - I bought it refurbished from an authorized dealer with a 90 day warranty. I am having problems with the remote not working. It will only work part of the time, and only if the remote is directly in front of the sensor, within 3 feet. Even then, it will only work intermittently.

I called support while it was under warranty, and they sent me a new remote. The new remote has the same exact problem. I have also programmed 2 different universal remotes that do the exact same thing. So with 4 different remotes having the same issue, does that mean I have an IR sensor issue? I am now out of warranty with the same issue I had when I first received the TV. What can I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 08-13-2009, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Have you peeled off the protective tape? Do you know where the sensor is on your unit?

Some people were having similar issues with the Vizio GV42LF when I got mine, and the glossy tape was the problem.

Vizio VP322 Plasma / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Denon 2200 Silicon Image DVD / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis DVD / Oppo 970HD Mediatek DVD / Oppo 983H Anchor Bay DVD / Panasonic LX-600 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS / PS2 / Sega Genesis / Nintendo SNES / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / Realistic STA-90 Reciever / Realistic Minimus 7 / Antennacraft G1483 Hoverman / Belden 7915A RG6 / Channel Master 7777 Titan 2 UHF/VHF / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
post #3 of 11 Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeVelocity View Post

Have you peeled off the protective tape? Do you know where the sensor is on your unit?

Some people were having similar issues with the Vizio GV42LF when I got mine, and the glossy tape was the problem.

Yes, it is bottom right corner, and the glossy tape is off.
post #4 of 11 Old 08-13-2009, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Anyone? Am I posting in the wrong forum?
post #5 of 11 Old 08-14-2009, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Hello?
post #6 of 11 Old 08-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Advanced Member

my guess would be that if you tried 2 dedicated remotes and 2 universal remotes that the problem would not be with the remotes. good evidence is also that these also work sometimes at 3 feet.

i have no experience with that product.
post #7 of 11 Old 08-14-2009, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnpost View Post

my guess would be that if you tried 2 dedicated remotes and 2 universal remotes that the problem would not be with the remotes. good evidence is also that these also work sometimes at 3 feet.

i have no experience with that product.

I was thinking the intermittent working at 3 feet would mean the IR sensor might be OK? Is that incorrect?
post #8 of 11 Old 08-14-2009, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by airban View Post

I own a Vizio VO37L - I bought it refurbished from an authorized dealer with a 90 day warranty. I am having problems with the remote not working. It will only work part of the time, and only if the remote is directly in front of the sensor, within 3 feet. Even then, it will only work intermittently.

I called support while it was under warranty, and they sent me a new remote. The new remote has the same exact problem. I have also programmed 2 different universal remotes that do the exact same thing. So with 4 different remotes having the same issue, does that mean I have an IR sensor issue? I am now out of warranty with the same issue I had when I first received the TV. What can I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

If you called support while it was under warranty and they sent you a remote but that did not solve the problem, I would have a talk with them. The remote did not solve the problem and the TV was still under warranty. Doing this in a more timely manner would have been better but I would try to talk to them NOW.
post #9 of 11 Old 08-14-2009, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 108
airban,

You might get better feedback in this AVS subforum.

LCD Flat Panel Displays

Search for your model, alternative ask in active Vizio threads of other models....at minimum someone will point you in the right direction. Likely that former model Vizio owners frequent current model Vizio threads looking to upgrade.

Good Luck!

And yes, keep on Vizio, for warranty work ASAP. They are good about it usually, but dont let it lapse!

Vizio VP322 Plasma / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Denon 2200 Silicon Image DVD / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis DVD / Oppo 970HD Mediatek DVD / Oppo 983H Anchor Bay DVD / Panasonic LX-600 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS / PS2 / Sega Genesis / Nintendo SNES / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / Realistic STA-90 Reciever / Realistic Minimus 7 / Antennacraft G1483 Hoverman / Belden 7915A RG6 / Channel Master 7777 Titan 2 UHF/VHF / Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
post #10 of 11 Old 09-15-2013, 06:03 AM

Airban, I have the exact same problem. The remote sensor will not recognize any signals from working remotes. Visio 47 in is only 3 yrs old and can only use side buttons to operate tv. Did you ever resolve sensor problem? Very disappointed with Vizio quality.
post #11 of 11 Old 02-28-2014, 04:24 PM

Thank you  EscapeVelocity View Post  and Airban .

peeling  off the protective tape  on the TV did work for  vizio m471i-a2 TV-remote issue.

I had this issue for my brand TV  .. spend more than a week trying to figure out what could be issue. 

Thank you guys!!!

Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page