Sony Bravia shuts off, stanby light blinks twice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 12 Old 08-22-2009, 07:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. I have searched so much my head is spinning.

I have a Sony Bravia KDL46V, about a year and a half old. A few weeks ago my Sat. dish was hit by lighting and took out my DirectTV reciever, and also the HDMI port on the TV that it was connected to (that HDMI port no longer works).

When you look into the back of the TV, you can see an orange light blinking near the HDMI ports.

Shortly after the lighting strike, the TV started turning itself off sometimes, with the red standby light blinking twice. After unplugging for a minute or two, it will turn back on. I did look and see that the error code is B+ over current protection (OCP), unit goes to the standby mode then displays the 2 blink fault. Could be a short in the power supply of any of the circuits.

I have noticed that the TV only seems to shut down if it is warm in the house. One night it happened twice and I put a fan behind the TV and it didn't happen again that night.

Are there cooling fans in this TV that might not be working? What is the blinking orange light near the HDMI ports, and does anyone have access to a service manual?

I would love to fix this myself, I hate having to put money into such a new TV, but I love this thing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have searched and searched with only very limited answers. Thanks guys!

I hate lightning!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-22-2009, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Post the full model number. I can check for previous cases, for instance I found one for 2500 two blinks was bad QT board.
post #3 of 12 Old 08-22-2009, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

According to the tag on the back of the TV and the "Product Support" menu option, the model number is KDL-46V3000. The serial is 8068282. The software version is Q-BMN-A-L-C-D-P-A-O.

Does that help? Is there somewhere else to get a longer model number? I even checked the manual.

Thanks.

I hate lightning!!
post #4 of 12 Old 08-23-2009, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Found a previous case of two blink error on 3000 model. Says to replace the GF1 board, which is the Power Supply. Pat number is A-1256-154-B which subs to A-1361-280-A.
New $220
Rebuilt $100
Not difficult to install.
post #5 of 12 Old 08-24-2009, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Not difficult, is it dangerous? I've heard that the power supplies can pack a hell of a punch in TV's.

Would you happen to know where I could find a service manual for the TV? There must be a way for me to test it right? And I am curious about the blinking orange light near the HDMI ports.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Its guys like you that keep the internet helpful!

I hate lightning!!
post #6 of 12 Old 08-25-2009, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

I've been zapped so many times I lost count. Simple way to stay safe is handle circuit boards by the edges.

Only way to test is replace the board and cross your fingers. Blinking lights on board may be normal operation.
post #7 of 12 Old 01-06-2010, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

Hello again..Im back! I am ready to replace the power supply board. I bought the service manual so I knew how to take everything apart correctly.
Now please excuse my confusion...I am just a novice repairman and you obviously have many years of expierence under your belt.
In the service manual...I can't find a GF1 board listed. There is a G3 board, which looks like it could be the one your referring to, but also the D3 board looks like it might be it. And then when I try to look for the part numbers...nothing matches up. I did a search for the part number you listed...and it says it is for the 40 inch model. Is it the same for the 46 inch? And which board would it be in the manual.
If you would like...I have the manual as a PDF file and could email it to you if you would like to take a quick look.
I would greatly appreciate your help. I love this TV and now that we are using the heat in the room it shuts off at least once a night.
Thanks again!

I hate lightning!!
post #8 of 12 Old 01-07-2010, 05:55 PM
AVS Special Member

A-1361-280-A is the GF1 board for 40 & 46 inch models. Service manual I have is also for both models and verified part number is good.
post #9 of 12 Old 01-07-2010, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Cool..thanks for checking, I appreciate it.

Hopefully the last dumb question...regarding the GF1 board...how come I can't find that in the service manual? Am I missing it somehow or is it listed as something else (such as G3?).

I am going to go ahead and guess that once I get the back off the TV I'll be able to tell which board it is just by comparing to the new one?

Thanks again for the help!

I hate lightning!!
post #10 of 12 Old 01-07-2010, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Am I maybe looking at the wrong manual?

The chasis listed in the manual is a WAX3F, but I am looking at info on the web referring to the FIX2 chassis, which lists the GF1 board.

Is there any way to know which chassis I have in that TV?

Thanks again...I know I'm a pain in the butt!

I hate lightning!!
post #11 of 12 Old 01-11-2010, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

I think I figured out the problem. I bought the manual from Ebay and I and pretty sure (now...after hours of wasted time) that I got the European/Asia manual. Once I get the right manual, I should be good to go.
Thanks again!

I hate lightning!!
post #12 of 12 Old 10-01-2012, 06:18 AM

Hi hammerdwn,
I have exactly the same problem, the difference is that my TV model is KDL 40s3000.
Could you please help me to know the number of piece that I should replace?

Thanks in advance.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page