KDL-XBR4 Half the Screen Dark with Slow Pixel Refresh – All inputs - Page 6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 160 Old 01-22-2014, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I can't find those exact Bumpons anywhere here locally nor online.

Could you suggest a source from which to purchase them?

Thank you!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 160 Old 03-09-2014, 12:46 AM

My repaired TV is still working great!
post #153 of 160 Old 03-09-2014, 10:24 PM

Hi! I want to thank you all. I just fixed up the SCEPTRE X46BV 46incher. A friend of mine give me for free! My TV show exact same issues you guys have and my solution?? Rip off three left bumper strips!!! I assume those bumper strips are putting too much pressure on the tabs. Now, my free tv work great although it have trouble booting up(no bad capacitors on power board). 

post #154 of 160 Old 03-23-2014, 02:53 AM

hi all, I also want to thankyou all who have contributed .. I managed to fix my kdl46x3100 by reading the instructions here and downloading the service manual from here

http://english.electronica-pt.com/electronica-search?find=KDL-46X

The kdl46x3100 is the Australian equivalent of the XBR if u looking at that manual.

THANX AGAIN.

post #155 of 160 Old 03-28-2014, 10:09 AM

Hello, I'm having this same problem with the right hand side of my Kdl-46xbr4. I've read through this thread and OnlyTono's guide, but could someone tell me what has to be taken apart and removed in order to complete the repair? What boards/frames/etc need to be removed in order to get to the panel?

My TV is missing the stand, so I'm afraid that may make it more difficult for me seeing as this set it quite heavy. Thanks in advance!
post #156 of 160 Old 03-29-2014, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorange90x View Post

Hello, I'm having this same problem with the right hand side of my Kdl-46xbr4. I've read through this thread and OnlyTono's guide, but could someone tell me what has to be taken apart and removed in order to complete the repair? What boards/frames/etc need to be removed in order to get to the panel?

My TV is missing the stand, so I'm afraid that may make it more difficult for me seeing as this set it quite heavy. Thanks in advance!

Have a look at the service manual above in my post. Its got step by step on how to dismantle the panel. You dont't need to go all the way though, start at page 12 and stop at 14. Then go to page 20. This should free up the panel and u should be able to lift the panel with its aluminium cover with it. From there on follow Ontono's guide on post 29

I hope this helps.

post #157 of 160 Old 03-29-2014, 06:29 AM

Thanks for the reply! I downloaded and looked through the manual. My question now is, how does the TV still power up properly with all of these things removed? I'm assuming there is no method of getting the panel apart from the front of the unit, is there?

Edit: nvm, I see now! I an viewing the PDF on my phone and it was showing page 15 as 14 and so on... So it made me think all of the boards had to come out to! Now that I see it correctly it doesn't look so hard.

Edit 2: So last night I decided to give this a try. It WORKED! I must say, it is quite a project though. Everything seems to have worked out as expected. It was the far right tab giving the trouble. Instead of a rubber bumper I used a clipping from a heatsink thermal pad. I figured not only will it apply the pressure needed, but it will also help to move the heat off of the ribbon/tab onto the frame. Been watching movies for a couple of hours now with no issues. Thanks everyone who contributed to the fix, mostly to OnlyTono!

BTW, I got this set out of the trash last week along with a 37" Sharp Aquos! The Sharp works perfectly already, and now so does the Sony! Not bad for free!
post #158 of 160 Old 04-04-2014, 09:59 AM

Just a quick update on my set: after about 15 mins (when it's warmed up), the right side starts flashing and going crazy again. A firm tap on the upper right corner of the bezel makes it instantly stop and then it works great for hours. Right now it's not enough of an issue to make me tare it apart again. I can live with this minor issue as long as it doesn't get worse!

On a side note, does anyone have the stand for this TV that they are willing to sell? There is one on eBay but it's quite expensive.
post #159 of 160 Old 11-09-2014, 10:57 AM

Been having to twist the frame of the kdl46xbr4 for over a year now to get the picture to snap back to good.
I have been aware of the probability that the tab bond issue was at fault but very apprehensive to actually tear apart the set to see.
Just yesterday, cruised this topic yet again, found the post by "the sony fixer", downloaded the manual from the link and proceeded to start removing screws....
Went pretty straightforward armed with the information from "onlytono","n1pr1ng", and "the sony fixer".
I was reluctant to power up the set while apart to find which bond might be suspect so opted to apply continuous strip of neoprene weather strip to apply pressure to all of them.
Upon reassembly, I only had three leftover screws!
The missus expressed concern over this and so re-removed back cover to locate the three ground straps where the fasteners belonged...
No more leftover screws...Hurray!!!

Set fired up and showed no signs of ghosting, dark half screen, and color shifts!! Yahhhoooo!!
Today still working properly!

Many, many thanks go out to those that discovered the issue and the fix as well as providing resources with which the fix could be implemented.
post #160 of 160 Old Today, 10:47 AM

Liked: 0
My screen went black, stopped working, while fixing tab bond

I have a KDL-46XBR4 (mfg Nov 2007) that has the tab bond problem. I took it apart and was applying the rubber bumpers when the screen went black all of a sudden. It was powered up so I could 'see' if the bumpers were applying enough pressure on the tab. It seemed the rubber bumpers were going to fix the tab bond - I was just trying to get the right thickness. I don't know if I shorted something out or pinched a wire, etc. Any advice? Has anyone else experienced this? Is it truly now dead and not worth continuing? Thanks in advance for help.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Sony Bravia Xbr Kdl 32xbr4 32 Lcd Hdtv , Sony Bravia Xbr Kdl 52xbr4 52 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv , Sony Bravia Xbr Series Kdl 40xbr4 40 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 52xbr4 by PriceGrabber.com