Sony Bravia KDL26P3020 no hdmi device found - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-30-2009, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi I have the sony bravia 26inch TV and I have a HDMI dvd player by Sumvision and I connected my hdmi lead to the tv from the dvd player and it keeps saying no hdmi device found in the hdmi device list when I do a search for the devices.
The sony guy on the phone said this is normal, I don't see how its normal if whats the point of having it if its supposed to say no hdmi device found?
Also the quality doesn't seem to be HD and when I put it on my AOC 27inch tv the quality is much better.
Is connecting a hdmi device to a hdmi socket supposed to show on av4 and av5 as this is what the guy on the phone said but I don't believe it because the quality is not HD like.
I also have the Western Digital TV media player and when I connect that to the TV I also get no hdmi device found and all the hdmi movies are pixelated especially in dark scenes and close up images on the screen, even the menu of the wdtv is pixelated to a certain degree and there is no pixelation what so ever on the Aoc 27inch tv and I would of expect better quality with a sony tv.
If anybody could help what my problem would be please tell me as it has severely ruined my viewing experience.
Oh and I have tried 2 different hdmi cables and get the exact same results so its not a cable issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-30-2009, 04:26 PM
ObD

Only compatible HDMI control devices are displayed. Your two devices are apparently not control compatible. They still will work but there is no common control such as power/on off of both devices. As to picture problems, both the TV and the players may be trying to scale the picture. Let the TV do the scaling. Also if HDMI isn't working for you, try the component connection.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-01-2009, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

How do I let the TV just do the scaling if thats the problem with pixelation in dark scenes?
thx
post #4 of 4 Old 09-01-2009, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter

The pixelation is reduced by a fair bit when I set the picture mode from Video to Text but its still there, any ideas?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page