Color Banding on KDL-32s5100, Any Ideas? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-08-2009, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Howdy, I posted a pretty long thread that got barely any response (probably due to the length and me not knowing the term for the issue). Well, the issue is color banding. I've now had three Sony KDL-32S5100 TVs and there's color banding when using my PS3 for any activity, and also sometimes during regular TV (though it's harder to notice).

So, my few questions are:
1) Is there anything I can fix this banding with? I pretty much can't do a thing about it via the TV's settings or PS3 settings.

2) I read about some TV calibration disc called DVE. How would this "fix" color banding if it's just a disc, and also, does DVE even try to fix banding or is it for something else? Also, would I be getting this on a regular DVD, or Blueray?

3) When I call Sony soon, is there a piece of hardware I'm specifically looking for them to replace which causes the color banding? The people there I've dealt with so far have been pretty uninformed for tech representatives (even the actual Sony repairman I had come to my house).

4) Last but not least, are there any good LCD 32inch 1080p models that you guys know for a fact don't suffer from color banding? I was looking at the LG 32LH40 to replace this Sony.

Thanks .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-08-2009, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry to hear about your problems Ode1st. This is only the second time I heard about banding on a Sony. The first time being in the linked (a pic is included in the link), thread below. For a UK model Sony KDL40v3000.

Thread:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...t=sony+banding

I don't think a calibration disc would fix it. I'm just guessing tha tit might be a panel defect.

"Don't f**K with my levels!"
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page