Please save me from going insane lol. I have zeroed in on this particular unit because it seemed like a good combination of price and name. However I am on the verge of changing my mind in every way possible including going with plasma. I would “REALLY” appreciated non-biased onions.
We currently have a 26 inch CRT dinosaur as our main TV. Anything would be an upgrade compared to this POS. I have always said that when the time comes we are going to get a nice flat screen and that time is here. Below I will try to list our uses, budget, room, etc.
1. What we will be using it for - We like to watch movies at least once a week and we are big Philadelphia Eagles fans. The movie and sport watching are my primary concerns for the obvious. It would be nice to use the TV more as an entertainment platform to invite family and friend over more often. However, most of the time the TV is just “on” in the background with cartoons, HGTV, soaps, and CNBC.
2. Budget - I was currently going to spend $1,100 on the LG TV mentioned but I could go “a little higher”. I was going to match it up with a Denon - 375W 5.1-Ch. Home Theater System because for $550 I was told it was a decent home theater system for the money.
3. Room and setup - We are moving into a “center” townhouse so the only window near the TV would be a sliding glass door to the right that leads to the deck. I don’t have a problem in closing the binds/drapes if I need to. The TV would be in the corner so I don’t believe the viewing angle would be a problem at all. However, I was thinking about putting furniture sliders on the stand for the TV so I could spin it around to see it out on the deck but this isn’t a huge concern.
4. Power consumption – I don’t believe this is that big of a deal but feel free to chime in.
5. 1080p and at least 120Hz as well.
So are we choosing the right TV? Going larger is an option but then again that is always an option in most cases. We are more concerned about the LCD vs. Plasma debates (this is what is driving me insane lol) and also brand names/models.
Thanks for your help in advance.