TV above fireplace mounting dilemma - need a TV mount that does.... - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 77 Old 01-28-2014, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

We have the mantle mount up and is holding a 60" LCD  I like it alot.  We haven't had to lower it but it lowers very easily and raises up equally as easy.  This mount is definetely a good deal.  Other mounts out there that lower as this one does are considerbly more expensive.  WE love ours,it was not hard to install at all.  I attached a pic of our finished fireplace -- that wall started out as a plain drywall wall leading to garage in our basement.  I think it turned out well for a couple who never laid a stone in their lives  HAH

Mariea

Fireplace1.jpg 34k .jpg file

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fireplace1.jpg (33.9 KB, 247 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 77 Old 01-30-2014, 06:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I feel the mantle mount is a great product. I've raised/lowered mine probably 15 times in the past 2 months and it works great. I've got a 70" Sharp which weighs about 90 pounds and the mount handles it fine.
post #63 of 77 Old 03-31-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalBodyShots View Post

I feel the mantle mount is a great product. I've raised/lowered mine probably 15 times in the past 2 months and it works great. I've got a 70" Sharp which weighs about 90 pounds and the mount handles it fine.

I'm wondering if the mantlemount wall mount lowers further orrrr is it about that same as the down and out wall mount?
post #64 of 77 Old 03-31-2014, 03:17 PM
Advanced Member

Not really sure. The mantlemount lowers about 25-27" though.
post #65 of 77 Old 04-22-2014, 08:51 AM

I've been meaning to post an update forever... all in all, I love the Mantle Mount. Very solid piece of hardware and it provides a nice clean look.

The only drawbacks I've found:

1) our electrical plug was in the way. The way the mount is designed the middle portion of your wall has to have 6.5" wide available. Our plug happened to be there... we moved it one stud over and all was well.

2) our TV's plug was also in the way. This was a bigger issue... the lowest horizontal piece of the mount (on the TV side) has to be centered in order for the TV to self balance. Unfortunately our LG's power plug sits exactly where this bar needs to go. Tried a few different things and eventually borrowed a buddy's dremel. Made some sparks, cut off part of this bar and voila, all good.

All in all this mount is well worth the $200. It still baffles me that there aren't more online reviews available but hopefully this one helps people out in future...
post #66 of 77 Old 04-26-2014, 11:09 AM
Advanced Member

It looks like the Mantlemount has been sold out for about 4 months now. Not sure what the issue is there with production. On the front page of the web site is the same message they posted in late December; it has not been updated.
post #67 of 77 Old 05-27-2014, 03:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Question for anyone with a Mantlemount. I just installed mine and I love it however I cannot get the tilt function to work. It seems to be permanently tilted forward which is a problem as I want to rest my center speaker on top of the tv and need the TV to be straight or it will fall off. Are there some screws or knobs I need to twist in order to get the tilt functionality to work?
post #68 of 77 Old 05-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Advanced Member

As far as I know the tilt wasn't adjustable; I think it was an 8 degree or so tilt in the "up" position no matter what. I'm pretty sure you can't eliminate the tilt feature which unfortunately for your situation creates a problem.

Resting the center speaker on top of the TV seems a bit of hassle though, no? Then you'd have to take it down every time you lower the TV or it would likely fall off? How big is your center channel/how much does it weigh? If it's not a monster you could always run a strip of velcro the full length of your speaker on top of the TV. You'd never see the velcro, but it would probably be more than strong enough to keep your speaker in place at the 8 degree angle.
post #69 of 77 Old 07-03-2014, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
bump!

In the same situation now...
post #70 of 77 Old 07-13-2014, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubs101 View Post
Question for anyone with a Mantlemount. I just installed mine and I love it however I cannot get the tilt function to work. It seems to be permanently tilted forward which is a problem as I want to rest my center speaker on top of the tv and need the TV to be straight or it will fall off. Are there some screws or knobs I need to twist in order to get the tilt functionality to work?

Do you mind telling us how you were able to get the mantel mount? The website still shows sold out and the phone number doesn't work?
post #71 of 77 Old 07-25-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfaramir View Post
Do you mind telling us how you were able to get the mantel mount? The website still shows sold out and the phone number doesn't work?
Sorry for the late reply, I actually purchased my mount in December of 2013 before the stock ran out, I have nothing but great things to say about it, now that I've been using it for some time.
post #72 of 77 Old 07-25-2014, 07:10 AM

Also I used the velcro solution. I just made sure I had enough slack with my speaker wire so I can raise and lower the mount without removing the speaker. No problems yet.
post #73 of 77 Old 07-25-2014, 02:30 PM

How big of a TV do you have attached to it, and how many studs is it anchored to? I have a 65" 60lbs TV on the way and putting it on an articulated mounts sounds good, but also a bit scary.
post #74 of 77 Old 07-27-2014, 07:32 AM

I have a similar issue as my fireplace takes up 85% of the main wall to put my Pioneer PRO-111 (74 lbs), from the forum it looks like I have the following options:

Mantle Mount - Currently out of stock and has a permanent tilt to it
Comfort Vu - Motorized mount that will likely be more expensive than other options
Down and Out Mount - expensive but might be the best option

Has anyone else found other options that I can add to my list?

Thanks,
Bob
post #75 of 77 Old 07-30-2014, 12:18 PM

Liked: 11
FYI, MantleMount products will be available very soon. I’ve gotten a couple of email blasts about availability recently and they’re indicating a date of Aug 18th for some initial shipments.

I did a quick search and found this to be the most active and recent thread with MantleMount being discussed, so figured I’d just drop this info here.

"In the end, life and business are about human connections. And computers are about trying to murder you in a lake. And to me, the choice is easy."
~Michael Scott
post #76 of 77 Old 08-18-2014, 08:03 PM

Liked: 0
Hey guys, I hail from Singapore and am new to this forum. I came across Mantle mount in Kickstarter, and this was a campaign that was just launched! As I am also interested in a vertically adjustable tv mount, was sniffing around the web for some other alternatives before I found you guys.

Yall may want to check them out at the link below, seeing how you still have interest in their product.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...unt-is-for-you

p/s: I can't see the Sears link that was posted, were they going for cheaper before? They are selling for about 199-299, depending on when you get them.

Last edited by LittleJim; 08-18-2014 at 08:13 PM.
post #77 of 77 Old 08-19-2014, 12:51 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_M_Clary View Post
Well, the previous illustration I included was the TV mount in the up position. Here is a photo of my first protype in the down position. Slightly different design but basically the same.
Wow thi sis amazing. I really liked the idea.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Tv Above Fireplace , Lg 55lh90 55 Inch 1080p 240 Hz Led Backlit Lcd Hdtv Glossy Black Infused Blue , Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page