THE Official LG "55LHX" Owners Thread - Page 10 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #271 of 3055 Old 07-09-2010, 05:43 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well mine is on its way. Not from QVC but similar deal from a company I trust much more. Hopefully I'll have some interesting reports as comparing it to the lh90 soon.

Scot Kight

"Don't touch that, this isn't your house and that isn't your tv!" she says.

"But look at it, the contrast is completely blown out, the color is all off and that tint. This will only take a sec..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 3055 Old 07-09-2010, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot Kight View Post

Well mine is on its way. Not from QVC but similar deal from a company I trust much more. Hopefully I'll have some interesting reports as comparing it to the lh90 soon.

Would you be willing to share the source?

Had the 55LH90 side by side with the 55LHX - it's like comparing a Cadillac to a Rolls Royce. Both great cars, but the Rolls is just !!. First thing I noticed - 55LHX out of the box, except for a little Picture Tweaking, was beautiful! Blacks were Blacker. During evening viewing, the Black Screen melds right in with Black Bezel, and being set back in my cabinet, gives the appearance of watching a smaller TV when viewing 4:3, 16:9 or whatever that produces Bars on Top, Bottom, Sides or all Surrounding Areas. You just don't see them! All you notice is that there is more Darkness around the set.
post #273 of 3055 Old 07-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
wrong thread
post #274 of 3055 Old 07-09-2010, 02:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcvictim View Post

So I had my 55LH90 for about a week now.

The 55LH90 isn't the 55LHX.
post #275 of 3055 Old 07-10-2010, 05:03 AM
Advanced Member

I would like think more like BMW M5 to Rolls Royce Ghost

I love my corvette, so GM has a special place in my heart, but the vast majority of Caddys have not really met what I would consider to be "quality" vehicles. They have recently turned that around though, especially with the cts-v. Then again what is it but a 4 seater corvette?

Oh well, next week we shall see.

Scot Kight

"But look at it, the contrast is completely blown out, the color is all off and that tint. This will only take a sec..."
post #276 of 3055 Old 07-10-2010, 07:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scot Kight View Post

I would like think more like BMW M5 to Rolls Royce Ghost

I love my corvette, so GM has a special place in my heart, but the vast majority of Caddys have not really met what I would consider to be "quality" vehicles. They have recently turned that around though, especially with the cts-v. Then again what is it but a 4 seater corvette?

Oh well, next week we shall see.

Once you watch the 55LHX, you'll soon realize it's an LG built for those that Price is No Object, they only want the Best! Problem for LG was trying to find anyone to pay that price since it was only an `LG' - Not a Sony nor Panasonic nor Samsung! - for those Brands they would pay that price for that quality. Subsequently, the 55LHX did not fly off the shelves! Great for us people that would definitely not pay that kind of price no matter what Brand!
So now you've got a $5000 to $6000 quality built TV, discounted down to values us mere Mortals would pay and you've got a Great Valued TV with a Great Picture, for several dollars more that the usual run of the mill sets being offered to the public.
And where does this put the 55LH90, right up there, second only to the 55LHX. But the 55LHX just seems to ooze that added quality!
post #277 of 3055 Old 07-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
LG LHX or LG LH95 is Wireless HDTV and................................

There is one thing that LG never mentioned is that it can actually connect hard wired. This Wireless MediaBox can do both Wired and Wireless Mode. The Wireless Indicator light will lit up with Wireless Mode, the Wireless Indicator will be off with Wired Mode.

Wired Mode -> Connect HDMI cable to the Wireless MediaBox Service Only port then to the HDMI5 port located at the rear side of the TV.

However the image quality wise both wired and wireless are the same if not identical or similar in performance but I myself use hard wired to reduce any, if any issues with wireless, and because of my HDTV cabinet/stand location and placement of my electronics I am better with hard wired. Wired Mode can guarantee that you will be getting the max image quality and less issues however.

With the Wireless Mode, the video/audio is said to be 4Gbps(I guess this should be the number based on max quality connection) but Hard Wired HDMI 1.3 is 10.2Gbps. Higher bandwidth will have less issues if you are demanding more image processings like Deep Color, High Resolution, Frame Interpolation System..etc
4Gbps seems to be a bit low and insufficient for both video and audio. I would suggest to use Wired Mode for maximum Image Quality, Performance and less issues.
And Wireless is not consistent, whereas Wired is alot more stable and consistent. Say if you are to transfer something over the wireless, I do not think that it is a stable consistent 4Gbps transfer, but with Wired Mode I do believe you will be getting a more reliable speed and performance.

Higher speed: HDMI 1.3 increases its single-link bandwidth from 165MHz (4.95 gigabits per second) to 340 MHz (10.2 Gbps) to support the demands of future high definition display devices, such as higher resolutions, Deep Color™ and high frame rates. In addition, built into the HDMI 1.3 specification is the technical foundation that will let future versions of HDMI reach significantly higher speeds.

Some LG LH95/LHX Spec:
+LG S-IPS 10-bit Panel (In reality -> LG's *AS-IPS Panel)
+12-bit Driver/Color Processing
+Deep Color
+xvYCC
+Direct-LED Local Dimming Backlit

*LG still calls their panels S-IPS even if the panel is more advanced.

3 types of LG panels used in their HDTVs -> AS-IPS, S-IPS, H-IPS.

AS-IPS -> more complex subpixel structure and more coverage. Used in their Higher End Range HDTVs. (example: LH95)
S-IPS -> Standard LG Panel used in their Mid End Range HDTVs (example: LH30 & LH50)
H-IPS -> Used in their Lower End Range HDTVs (example: LH20)

*above are confirmed models by analyzing panel subpixel structure

Additionally: Please don't confuse the H-IPS Panel with the e-IPS Panel because they are not the same thing. e-IPS are most often or commonly used in PC Monitors. e-IPS subpixel structure = less complex to save cost while competing against TN in the PC Market, just like the Samsung cPVA panel which is a simplified Samsung S-PVA panel.

LG LH95/LHX Motion System Spec:

TruMotion 240fps (MEMC Frame Insertion + LED Black Frame Insertion)
Panel 120Hz + LED Backlight Scanning (120Hz)
Real Cinema On (5:5) & Off (3:2 x2 + De-interlace 2x)

LG LH95/LHX Motion Test Results: (Hi-Definition Reference Disc)
6.5ppf -> 1080 Full Motion Resolution
12.5ppf -> 1080 Full Motion Resolution
18.5ppf -> 1080 Full Motion Resolution

KakiC●l○r® Calibration w/ Calman

---------------------------------------------------------------

Current Setup:

*LG 55" LH95/LHX

-Semi-Gloss Coating

-Direct Backlit SlimLED w/ Local Dimming

-3360 LEDs w/ 240 Zones

*LG 42" LM7600

-Gloss Coating

-Edge-lit LED w/ Local Dimming

post #278 of 3055 Old 07-11-2010, 04:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakimotoRift View Post

LG LHX or LG LH95 is Wireless HDTV and................................

There is one thing that LG never mentioned is that it can actually connect hard wired. This Wireless MediaBox can do both Wired and Wireless Mode. The Wireless Indicator light will lit up with Wireless Mode, the Wireless Indicator will be off with Wired Mode.

Wired Mode -> Connect HDMI cable to the Wireless MediaBox Service Only port then to the HDMI5 port located at the rear side of the TV.

However the image quality wise both wired and wireless are the same if not identical or similar in performance but I myself use hard wired to reduce any, if any issues with wireless, and because of my HDTV cabinet/stand location and placement of my electronics I am better with hard wired. Wired Mode can guarantee that you will be getting the max image quality and less issues however.

With the Wireless Mode, the video/audio is said to be 4Gbps but Hard Wired HDMI 1.3 is 10.2Gbps. Higher bandwidth will have less issues if you are demanding more image processings like Deep Color, High Resolution, Frame Interpolation System..etc

Higher speed: HDMI 1.3 increases its single-link bandwidth from 165MHz (4.95 gigabits per second) to 340 MHz (10.2 Gbps) to support the demands of future high definition display devices, such as higher resolutions, Deep Color™ and high frame rates. In addition, built into the HDMI 1.3 specification is the technical foundation that will let future versions of HDMI reach significantly higher speeds.

Some LG LH95/LHX Spec:
+LG S-IPS 10-bit Panel (In reality -> LG's *AS-IPS Panel)
+12-bit Driver/Color Processing
+Deep Color
+xvYCC

*LG still calls their panels S-IPS even if the panel is more advanced.

3 types of LG panels used in their HDTVs -> AS-IPS, S-IPS, H-IPS.

AS-IPS -> more complex subpixel structure and more coverage. Used in their Higher End Range HDTVs.
S-IPS -> Standard LG Panel used in their Mid End Range HDTVs
H-IPS -> Used in their Lower End Range HDTVs

Additionally: Please don't confuse the H-IPS Panel with the e-IPS Panel because they are not the same thing. e-IPS are most often or commonly used in PC Monitors. e-IPS subpixl structure = less complex to save cost while competing against TN in the PC Market, just like the Samsung cPVA panel which is a simplified Samsung S-PVA panel.

Being in the Computer Business I see the effects of the Wireless Router interference problems. People who report intermittent connection problems are not realizing you can't wander around with cell phones and turn on Microwave ovens without causing some kind of interference, thus dropouts!
Luckily, my 55LHX is also in a Wall Unit with the Wireless Console, hard wired in the Back of the Set.
Does the 55LH90 have the AS-IPS or S-IPS panel. I'm going to assume it's the S-IPS since my 55LHX is running on a BackLight of 8, whereas about the Best I can do with the 55LH90 is Backlight of 30. (Evening Values - 30 versus 40 for Daylight)
Moved a copy of your Posting to the 55LH90 Forum as well. Good info for members to know about. Now as to the Panels in the new versions, any thoughts?
post #279 of 3055 Old 07-11-2010, 02:46 PM
AVS Special Member

[quote=Scot Kight;18882105]Well mine is on its way. Not from QVC but similar deal from a company I trust much more. QUOTE]

PM me if you would like it to remain private.
post #280 of 3055 Old 07-11-2010, 04:31 PM
Advanced Member

I am pretty sure it is neither the classic s-ips or as-ips panel. Probably something slightly more optimized for the use it is in. Keep in mind that lg is an actual panel manufacturer, so they can do more than just source a panel for a given purpose.

Scot Kight

post #281 of 3055 Old 07-11-2010, 06:24 PM
AVS Special Member

I recently returned from an out of state trip, and imagine my surprise upon entering a home theater store in the middle of no where that had an LHX55 for sale that had been a demo.

I have no idea how long it had been running, but the salesman did recall it being up on the wall a long time as one of their demos. The store is closing.

I am looking for an upgrade to the super sharp imagines on my Samsung LN52A850. I brought home a Samsung 6800 last week and it is no where near the clarity or color the 2 year LN52A850 LCD has, which came as a major shock to me.

TV sets this year are not all moving forward the way one might hope with improvements.

We turned on the LG, it worked fine, no remote, no box, no directions etc. No way of knowing how many hours for months this thing was on a wall. They said they had an old bluray movie in a player with a repeat button. Never heard of a repeat button on a bluray player but the point is the LHX55 must have been running a demo a long time.

Now, the question to my mind is how much is this thing worth? I will get the full warranty the dealer claims.

The other units I am comparing it to are the new Samsung 6800, which has LED blocking or BLED, and a Samsung LN65B650 which an older LCD panel but is new in the box.

The appeal of the 65 inch LCD is the extra real estate. They are willing to go 1599$ on the LG, and 2700-2800$ on the 65LNB650. The risks with this model are which panel in the Samsung panel lottery ended up inside it, and what some people say is very average video processing quality in the chips used.

The other catch for me is, that I find when looking from the LCD to the LEDs(both LG and Samsung) they seem duller color-wise, and to have less image clarity and detail. However, I am wondering if that is partially because of my vantage point of owning an LCD for 2 years. It seems the LEDS have better blacks, the but colors are not as vibrant as they are on LCDs. However again, what seems to be may just be my LCD experience. I am having a hard time sorting this particular aspect out. Whichever set gets chosen I am sure I will adjust, but want to lessen buyer's remorse

owner of several Samsung LCD Panels
post #282 of 3055 Old 07-11-2010, 08:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZtop View Post

I recently returned from an out of state trip, and imagine my surprise upon entering a home theater store in the middle of no where that had an LHX55 for sale that had been a demo.

I have no idea how long it had been running, but the salesman did recall it being up on the wall a long time as one of their demos. The store is closing.

I am looking for an upgrade to the super sharp imagines on my Samsung LN52A850. I brought home a Samsung 6800 last week and it is no where near the clarity or color the 2 year LN52A850 LCD has, which came as a major shock to me.

TV sets this year are not all moving forward the way one might hope with improvements.

We turned on the LG, it worked fine, no remote, no box, no directions etc. No way of knowing how many hours for months this thing was on a way. They said they had an old bluray movie in a player with a repeat button. Never heard of a repeat button on a bluray player but the point is the LHX55 must have been running a demo a long time.

Now, the question to my mind is how much is this thing worth? I will get the full warranty the dealer claims.

The other units I am comparing it to are the new Samsung 6800, which has LED blocking or BLED, and a Samsung LN65B650 which an older LCD panel but is new in the box.

The appeal of the 65 inch LCD is the extra real estate. They are willing to go 1599$ on the LG, and 2700-2800$ on the 65LNB650. The risks with this model are which panel in the Samsung panel lottery ended up inside it, and what some people say is very average video processing quality in the chips used.

The other catch for me is, that I find when looking from the LCD to the LEDs(both LG and Samsung) they seem duller color-wise, and to have less image clarity and detail. However, I am wondering if that is partially because of my vantage point of owning an LCD for 2 years. It seems the LEDS have better blacks, the but colors are not as vibrant as they are on LCDs. However again, what seems to be may just be my LCD experience. I am having a hard time sorting this particular aspect out. Whichever set gets chosen I am sure I will adjust, but want to lessen buyer's remorse

He's giving Full Warranty, the 55LHX has a life expectancy of 100,000 hours - it will probably outlast you! (Or until a 55" OLED comes Out!) The 55LHX - greater blacks and to die for colour on a matte screen! $1500 - if you won't take it let me know and I will! (PS. It's broken in and ready to ride - usually 6 months for LG's to hit their prime viewing!)

Whoa! You said there's No Remote and No Wireless Control Unit? What good is that?
post #283 of 3055 Old 07-11-2010, 10:27 PM

Guys,

I need your help. I live in Korea and I can still get the LHX here (here it's called LH93QD or LH95QD if you want the butt ugly glass bezel) for quite a bit less than the LE8500.

The LX9500 has been available here for several months and I was planning on getting that set - but after reading about banding and blooming issues on these newest LG sets on here and that these problems are considerably less noticable on the LHX (right?), I'm now considering the LHX instead.

Can someone who's seen both the LE8500 and LHX give some insight into which one delivers the best overall picture experience?

Thanks in advance!
post #284 of 3055 Old 07-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Advanced Member

there is one major issue I have to inform all LHX or LH95 or maybe LH90 users that use the function "Input Label"

If you have two BD players connected to the MediaBox and have both of them set to use the Input Label "Blu Ray" or whatever that is the same be warned that they will affect each other even if they are in different Source Input.

Let's say that we have one BD player Calibrated using HDMI1 Input Label Blu Ray. In HDMI2 with Input Label "Blu Ray" will be affect by this calibrated setting even though the settings are at the default in HDMI2.

So I would recommend to have only one BD player connected to the MediaBox with the same Input Label.

I have done a factory reset and planning on to do a fresh calibration and setups for it.....

Solution will be either not to use same input label or just by not using input label function at all.

Current Setup:

*LG 55" LH95/LHX

-Semi-Gloss Coating

-3360 LEDs w/ 240 Zones

*LG 42" LM7600

-Gloss Coating

post #285 of 3055 Old 07-11-2010, 11:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyp View Post

Guys,

I need your help. I live in Korea and I can still get the LHX here (here it's called LH93QD or LH95QD if you want the butt ugly glass bezel) for quite a bit less than the LE8500.

The LX9500 has been available here for several months and I was planning on getting that set - but after reading about banding and blooming issues on these newest LG sets on here and that these problems are considerably less noticable on the LHX (right?), I'm now considering the LHX instead.

Can someone who's seen both the LE8500 and LHX give some insight into which one delivers the best overall picture experience?

Thanks in advance!

You will get a better picture quality with the LHX or LH95.
LE8500 or anything after LH95/LHX now on market are using IOP LED type not a Direct LED type LED backlit.

IOP LED uses less LEDs by using a guided plate for each zone lit by LEDs. This is to save cost and power consumption.

IOP you will be getting a squarish backlit whereas Direct LED is roundish for each zones.
The way the Direct LED functions in LG LHX or LH95 will not fully lit like the IOP LED when only small amount of content is occupied in the zone. IOP LED will fully lit even if there is only one dot of content in it.

Current Setup:

*LG 55" LH95/LHX

-Semi-Gloss Coating

-3360 LEDs w/ 240 Zones

*LG 42" LM7600

-Gloss Coating

post #286 of 3055 Old 07-12-2010, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

LE8500 or anything after LH95/LHX now on market are using IOP LED type not a Direct LED type LED backlit.

IOP LED uses less LEDs by using a guided plate for each zone lit by LEDs. This is to save cost and power consumption.

IOP you will be getting a squarish backlit whereas Direct LED is roundish for each zones.
The way the Direct LED functions in LG LHX or LH95 will not fully lit like the IOP LED when only small amount of content is occupied in the zone. IOP LED will fully lit even if there is only one dot of content in it.

I agree with KakimotoRift.

I have also seen the BLED effect on the new Samsung 6800,6900,7000, and 8000 LED models. I posted a hi-res photo clearly showing jagged blocks of LEDS lit with off colors and/or brightness around a large menu for my DVR in the 6800/6900 owners thread.

BLED is when blocks of leds are partially lit, or lit a color shade off from the screen background color, or the color of the image/letter/menu lit (lit=being displayed on the panel), even DVR menu letters. For whatever reason additional LEDs outside the image or menu, or letter in a menu like a DVR menu

Many people won't notice all the small things that others notice with a specific model TV set, but some issues will be noticed or be common across a particular product line if it has the same build and quality (or lack thereof depending on the vantage point of the poster or set owner).

I don't know as much about the LH95 as the LHX55, so my recommendation would be the LHX55.

owner of several Samsung LCD Panels
post #287 of 3055 Old 07-13-2010, 03:54 AM
Advanced Member

lh95 is the lhx. Same set, different model number in different areas of the world. Though the USA sort of switched naming at some point to include lh95 as the model number as well.

Scot Kight

post #288 of 3055 Old 07-13-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:

Cheers KakimotoRift!

I'll go for the LH93 then! Looks like the 3D tech isn't mature enough yet either so I'm not missing out on anything giving up on the LX9500, except for the LX9500's gorgeous looks.
post #289 of 3055 Old 07-13-2010, 09:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyp View Post

Cheers KakimotoRift!

I'll go for the LH93 then! Looks like the 3D tech isn't mature enough yet either so I'm not missing out on anything giving up on the LX9500, except for the LX9500's gorgeous looks.

I'll Mirror your thoughts!
post #290 of 3055 Old 07-14-2010, 06:00 AM
Advanced Member

I finally know how the 60Hz Panel HDTVs are getting a True 24p with Real Cinema for LG HDTVs

Sets like LH20 and LH30 for example are running at 48Hz for 24p materials. This is a 2:2 I wouldn't call it a "pulldown" since there is no pulldown involved, it is simply repeating 2x. Just like the 5:5 on the 120Hz Panel. repeating 5x.

so LH90, LH95/LHX are running 24p at 120Hz
LH20, LH30 are running 24p at 48Hz

You won't notice flicker on the 120Hz sets but you might encounter flicker on the 60Hz sets that utilizes 48Hz for 24p materials but without 3:2 pulldown judder.

Current Setup:

*LG 55" LH95/LHX

-Semi-Gloss Coating

-3360 LEDs w/ 240 Zones

*LG 42" LM7600

-Gloss Coating

post #291 of 3055 Old 07-14-2010, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Check Amazon's pricing on the 55LHX today!
post #292 of 3055 Old 07-14-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

Check Amazon's pricing on the 55LHX today!

I was eyeing this display in Feb. and could have it had at BB for around $2.6K, which I thought was an amazing deal back then as I knew they were closing it out for their line (announced at CES). I loved the display I saw at BB - rock solid 1080P wireless (from Blu-Ray) and equally good wireless 1080i broadcast content. matte screen was great for my very bright family room - would have like more web connectivity, but I figured I can always get that now through a Sony PS. Only thing that held me back, and still does, is size of display, given we sit so far away - 16'. will probably end up going with the Samsung 65"C800 but this is a great display that LG completely gave up on way too quickly...
post #293 of 3055 Old 07-14-2010, 03:15 PM

I have had one since last Oct 09. I love the set. Their TruMotion isn't the best however, I really one see issues with OTA and Satellite, not with BluRay. My HDMI on my Dish Network DVR is dead so I am using component cables so I don't know if that is the cause. Otherwise it's a great TV. The wireless has worked flawless for me since I've owned it.

I think the reason that LG gave up on it is because of many reasons. #1: is that they were loosing money. It's an expensive set to produce and the panel and LED array are better than any current LG, even the 9500. #2: Short sightedness. They should have added all the internet connectivity but didn't and everyone else did. #3: Unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, everyone seemed to want a glossy screen. Which I do believe creates more POP to the picture but the matte screen doesn't give away much and you get very minimal reflections.

These are my opinions and thoughts. But for $2100, it's a great tv, even at $2800, it's a great tv.
post #294 of 3055 Old 07-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Advanced Member

Ok, it seems that it is not BD Live causing the slow down during Blu Ray playback. It turned out to be the Philips PXT1000 cable I had from MediaBox to the rear side of the TV that is causing the problem. After I swapped it with an Audioquest HDMI-X, the problem is fixed for sure for good.

I used to have Audioquest HDMI-X from PS3slim to MediaBox then Philips PXT1000 to the rear side of the TV and this combination caused problems. I guess Philips PXT1000 doesn't have the bandwidth or enough bandwidth for all features on like 1080P, YCC/RGB 4:4:4, Deep Color, 5:5 etc... I guess cable does matter.....

Now I run Audioquest HDMI-X from PS3slim to MediaBox then another Audioquest HDMI-X to the rear side of the TV.

What I used to have: (causing slowdown during Blu Ray playback)
PS3slim <- Audioquest HDMI-X -> MediaBox <- Philips PXT1000 -> Rear side of LG LH95

Now: (solved slowdown during Blu Ray playback issue)
PS3slim <- Audioquest HDMI-X -> MediaBox <- Audioquest HDMI-X -> Rear side of LG LH95

From now on I will make sure that I use and make future purchase of Audioquest HDMI cables (USA Brand) and maybe I will try bandwidth proved cables like Monster Cables in the future if I need one. No more philips for me.

HDMI1.3 certified doesn't mean it has the bandwidth for all features enabled. And Deep Color is an optional feature, but one might be HDMI1.3 certified without the capability of Deep Color and Higher Panel Hz support.

People can check how much bandwidth to run just 1080P/60Hz alone, then you will know that minimum bandwidth or standard bandwidth that HDMI 1.3 support "10.2Gbps" is almost used up. HDMI 1.3 is capable of going higher bandwidth but not required to be certified, you only need 10.2Gbps to be certified a HDMI 1.3. If you run a 1080/120Hz then it will require more and if you add Deep Color into it then even more bandwidth required. Deep Color can be 10bit Color Processing or 12bit Color Processing, higher more bandwidth required. And also if you use Frame Interpolation System, the higher the number the more bandwidth required.

I remember when I first got the Philips PXT1000 cable, it has no information regarding whether it is HDMI1.3 certified or not, and so I contacted Philips support about it. I was told it is HDMI1.3 compatible, compatible doesn't mean it is Certified. HDMI1.2 cable is also compatible with HDMI1.3 devices....Philips PXT1000 cable came out long time ago and it is quite old for today's devices but it does seem to have a good built quality and thick but I guess it is no longer strong enough for today's applications that require high bandwidth.

Current Setup:

*LG 55" LH95/LHX

-Semi-Gloss Coating

-3360 LEDs w/ 240 Zones

*LG 42" LM7600

-Gloss Coating

post #295 of 3055 Old 07-14-2010, 09:08 PM

p5browne thanks for the Amazon info. I just canceled my QVC order and got it from Amazon. You saved me a few hundred on the TV, plus I got free shipping from Amazon. QVC was charging $100 for shipping.
post #296 of 3055 Old 07-15-2010, 01:51 AM

I was all set to get this TV from Amazon and went to Buy.com to check their return policy. Found out you cannot return any TV over 27" once you sign to accept it from the delivery guy. I am nervous enough about buying something like this on line but with no recourse if I find a problem right away I just can't do it. It really sounds like a great set but I can't find it local and this was the best price I have been able to find. It barely falls within my budget at this price.
post #297 of 3055 Old 07-15-2010, 03:02 AM

Quote:

Pull up Menu - move to Options - then start punching 1's on the Remote - will come up after 5 or 7 1's.

I just tried to find out what version of the firmware I have. Highlighting "options" and hitting "1" seven times did bring up a firmware update screen, but it did not tell me what version I have already. It said "Current version: Unable to read" and "Update version: Unable to read" or something like that. I assume this is because there was no USB containing a firmware update attached.

Is this normal? Where does it say the firmware version? Does anyone know if there have been any firmware updates for this TV, for certain? If there's a chance I can fix this TruMotion issue with a firmware update (as you don't seem to have or notice it, and are running v3.21), I think I'd rather keep the 55LHX due to it's proper back-light system and more LEDs and matte screen.

Cheers.
post #298 of 3055 Old 07-15-2010, 04:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmachine79 View Post

I just tried to find out what version of the firmware I have. Highlighting "options" and hitting "1" seven times did bring up a firmware update screen, but it did not tell me what version I have already. It said "Current version: Unable to read" and "Update version: Unable to read" or something like that. I assume this is because there was no USB containing a firmware update attached.

Is this normal? Where does it say the firmware version? Does anyone know if there have been any firmware updates for this TV, for certain? If there's a chance I can fix this TruMotion issue with a firmware update (as you don't seem to have or notice it, and are running v3.21), I think I'd rather keep the 55LHX due to it's proper back-light system and more LEDs and matte screen.

Cheers.

Don't go into Options - just select it, then punch in the 1's - sounds kind of funny that it gives that info. Did you try putting your system on a Different Input or a different Mode? If On Options instead of In Options and you still have the same No Read Problem, I would definitely contact LG -you have a problem!
post #299 of 3055 Old 07-15-2010, 04:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy52 View Post

I was all set to get this TV from Amazon and went to Buy.com to check their return policy. Found out you cannot return any TV over 27" once you sign to accept it from the delivery guy. I am nervous enough about buying something like this on line but with no recourse if I find a problem right away I just can't do it. It really sounds like a great set but I can't find it local and this was the best price I have been able to find. It barely falls within my budget at this price.

I don't think it's Amazon's policy not to allow returns. Another possibilty, is to pay with PayPal that has a 45 day Policy. Amazon has pages of returned TVs and I'm sure you'll find over 27 inchers in the group. Amazon's policy I assume will override buy.com's. PayPal's as well.
post #300 of 3055 Old 07-15-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:

Don't go into Options - just select it, then punch in the 1's - sounds kind of funny that it gives that info. Did you try putting your system on a Different Input or a different Mode? If On Options instead of In Options and you still have the same No Read Problem, I would definitely contact LG -you have a problem!

This is what I do. I select (highlight, but not go into) options and hit 1 seven times. A new menu pops up and asks if I want to upgrade the firmware, then I can choose to Start or Cancel. I assume it is supposed to tell me the current firmware version and the firmware version attached by USB to upgrade to, but for both it says unable to read the firmware version (see attached image).

I just found the Diagnostic menu on the setup screen, which says I have software v3.14.00. I'm going to call LG tomorrow and find out how (or if) I can get v3.21.

Also I have tried all my tests both with the wireless media box connected via the service out port with an HDMI cable to the TV, and with my sources connected directly to the TV (no wireless media box).
LL
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Lg 55lhx 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page