post #361 of 3055 Old 07-20-2010, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by triathlete17 View Post

Nony -

1) I never knew that the set was listed at a certain price within the BB system. However after seeing Jason's post, I wanted to go back to them with some sort of proof-in-hand that they were trying to significantly overcharge me.

2) Wouldn't you do the same if someone was being generous enough to offer you help??

3) I picked mine up yesterday at the same price that was mentioned by Jason (kind of ironic that the price tag magically 'dropped' by $1k within a week...).

Great news! Another reason to love the Internet...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 3055 Old 07-20-2010, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEZMan View Post

Wow... that is some pretty impressive calibration. Grays and colors seem dead on.

I will be calibrating mine as well when I get it (EyeDisplay LT + HCFR), and was wondering if you could share your settings (at least to get me started).

Thanx!

I too would love to see the settings on this calibration.
post #363 of 3055 Old 07-20-2010, 01:51 PM

I just called the Best buy in East brunswick and they said they don't have it either. Does anyone else know where I can pick one up for 1599?
post #364 of 3055 Old 07-20-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydran5 View Post

I just called the Best buy in East brunswick and they said they don't have it either. Does anyone else know where I can pick one up for 1599?

Sorry, I was the one who bought the LHX @ East Brunswick yesterday

Call any Best Buy (Magnolia or Geek Squad), tell them you are looking for the LHX and they should be able to reference stores around them (or you) & let you know if anyone has them in stock.

Going from a Sony 52EX700 to a LG 55LE8500 to a Sony 55HX800.. I am VERY happy so far with the LHX.

Now I just need some good calibration settings... Any help??
post #365 of 3055 Old 07-21-2010, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post

Maybe the Americans can pick up where you left off. After I'm all hooked up and settled I will try to determine if my set has the TruMotion initialization problem.

Panel
Model No: 55LH95-UA
Manufactured: November, 2009
Assembled in Mexico
Factory ID: LZ

Media Box
Model No: ASW1000-UA
Manufactured: November, 2009
Made in Korea
Factory ID: SE

TV Software Update
Current Ver. :Ver. 3.21.0

Earlier in this thread I also noted that I too had the issue with TruMotion enabling every time the TV is turned on even though it's disabled in the menu. I just checked my firmware version and it indicates 3.21.0... So apparently it's not a firmware issue.. ?
post #366 of 3055 Old 07-21-2010, 04:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iemonslice View Post

Earlier in this thread I also noted that I too had the issue with TruMotion enabling every time the TV is turned on even though it's disabled in the menu. I just checked my firmware version and it indicates 3.21.0... So apparently it's not a firmware issue.. ?

From this thread there appears to be two different versions, 3.21 and 3.14. Although the mention of 3.14 was from an LH95, so maybe that's simply a country issue. Too bad there aren't two people with LHX's that could get together and compare their TV's and whether TruMotion is ever truly disabled when powering on & off the TV. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, maybe owners can or can not tell. It's a conundrum.
post #367 of 3055 Old 07-21-2010, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason1332 View Post

I too would love to see the settings on this calibration.

Hey jason1332, can you post some of the details marked on the label behind the TV? You mentioned that you had a build date of 2009 and the same firmware version I had. I want to see if the rest of the info is the same. Also, you're sure you don't have the issue?

I posted this earlier in the thread but here's mine:

Model No. 55LH95-UA
SVC Code: 55LH95-UA.AUSVLJR
Manufactured: September 2009
Assembled: Mexico

Firmware: 3.21.0

post #368 of 3055 Old 07-21-2010, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew67 View Post

From this thread there appears to be two different versions, 3.21 and 3.14.

Right, most folks appear to have 3.21 (in the US?) but don't have the issue yet I have the same firmware version but have the issue.

I will be calling LG support to try to have a tech come out but first need to find a video which I can use to easily reproduce the judder artifacting and the trumotion "smoothing" such that it's obvious for the tech to see. mrmachine indicated that when the tech came out the tech did not "get it" easily until mrmachine had to explain it in full, full detail.. I'll try to find a good source tonight.
post #369 of 3055 Old 07-21-2010, 04:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Right, most folks appear to have 3.21 (in the US?) but don't have the issue yet I have the same firmware version but have the issue.

Is it the display or the set-top box that is at fault? I've seen lots of folks posting the details about the panel but few posting details about the set-top box (such as build date, location of manufacturer, etc). If you wire directly to the display without using the box at all, is the TruMotion menu option displayed? Not owning the TV (yet), I don't understand where the box comes into play versus the display when it comes to configuring the TV.

Of those having issues, how many are hardwired vs wireless? Maybe someone should put together a spreadsheet and share it with LG.
post #370 of 3055 Old 07-21-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydran5 View Post

I just called a ton of stores and couldnt fine one...none in CT, none around CT. I would drive far to get the deal, but I also have to be able to cancel my order at buy.com so my time is running out...
post #371 of 3055 Old 07-21-2010, 01:16 PM

I certainly would but this sucker is heavy and I have it on a flush mount so I can't see the sticker anymore without taking it down. Sorry...

Quote:

Hey jason1332, can you post some of the details marked on the label behind the TV? You mentioned that you had a build date of 2009 and the same firmware version I had. I want to see if the rest of the info is the same. Also, you're sure you don't have the issue?

I posted this earlier in the thread but here's mine:

Model No. 55LH95-UA
SVC Code: 55LH95-UA.AUSVLJR
Manufactured: September 2009
Assembled: Mexico

Firmware: 3.21.0

post #372 of 3055 Old 07-21-2010, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Will check the rear and controller info - but for now my 55LHX is a November build made in Mexico.

Controller Made in Korea in November 2009.
post #373 of 3055 Old 07-21-2010, 01:22 PM

Currently using the specs from a user over at hi def junkies and they seem great. Much better than the cnet settings. I can find them once I get in front of a pc or you can check out the thread over there, same title as this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triathlete17 View Post

Sorry, I was the one who bought the LHX @ East Brunswick yesterday

Call any Best Buy (Magnolia or Geek Squad), tell them you are looking for the LHX and they should be able to reference stores around them (or you) & let you know if anyone has them in stock.

Going from a Sony 52EX700 to a LG 55LE8500 to a Sony 55HX800.. I am VERY happy so far with the LHX.

Now I just need some good calibration settings... Any help??

post #374 of 3055 Old 07-21-2010, 04:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Just went to place my order and Buy.com is sold out. It's QVC or bust. The upside is QVC has a 'real' return plan without any exclusions for TV's (that I can find). Ouch, QVC charges sales tax. This is no longer a no brainer.
post #375 of 3055 Old 07-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 14
Quote:

I don't know if we have enough data points to reach a conclusion. I have revised my post to include version details -

TV Software Update(Expert)
[Current TV Software Version Information]
epak: 3.21.0
model: 3.21.0
ezcal: 3.21.0
lgapp: 0.00.1
lgfont:0.00.1
rootfs:0.00.1
emanual:0.00.1
kernel:0.00.1
lgres:0.00.1
micom:0.03.3

Note: hit MENU:highlight OPTION:hit FAV seven times to retrieve details.

-nony
post #376 of 3055 Old 07-22-2010, 01:02 AM

Quote:

Is it the display or the set-top box that is at fault? I've seen lots of folks posting the details about the panel but few posting details about the set-top box (such as build date, location of manufacturer, etc). If you wire directly to the display without using the box at all, is the TruMotion menu option displayed? Not owning the TV (yet), I don't understand where the box comes into play versus the display when it comes to configuring the TV.

Of those having issues, how many are hardwired vs wireless? Maybe someone should put together a spreadsheet and share it with LG.

I have the issue when using the media box in wired mode, and when not using the media box at all by connecting my source directly to HDMI 5 on the back of the TV.
post #377 of 3055 Old 07-22-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:

I will be calling LG support to try to have a tech come out but first need to find a video which I can use to easily reproduce the judder artifacting and the trumotion "smoothing" such that it's obvious for the tech to see. mrmachine indicated that when the tech came out the tech did not "get it" easily until mrmachine had to explain it in full, full detail.. I'll try to find a good source tonight.

Any video that you can see the problem and that you can run on a short loop should be sufficient to demonstrate the problem, either from a movie or recorded TV show or a video game. Try to find a clip that demonstrates both the smoothness and motion artefacts of TruMotion, as some techs may see one more easily than the other.
post #378 of 3055 Old 07-22-2010, 04:16 AM
Advanced Member

My set exhibits the TruMotion problem too. The credit roll at the end of a film (bottom-to-top) may serve as good material to easily discern the state of TruMotion. With TruMotion enabled the screen scrolling is smooth, otherwise the scrolling is somewhat shakey/herky-jerky.

A quick and dirty workaround is to cycle through the AV Modes - requires 5 button presses to end up where you started.

I'm running component1 to a Scientific Atlanta set-top box (8300HDC) at 1080i. My picture mode defaults are as follows:

Intelligent Sensor, Vivid, Standard, Natural, Sport, Expert1, Expert2:TruMotion=Low
THX Cinema, Game:TruMotion=Off

Example: When you recycle power from THX Cinema mode the state of TruMotion will be enabled even though the actual setting is (usually) locked to Off.

Five consecutive presses of the [AV Mode] button will refresh the setting to its stored value (can anyone confirm?)

Note: At least one of the AV Mode items, e.g. Sport, must have TruMotion enabled for the [AV Mode] button cycling to work.

-nony
post #379 of 3055 Old 07-22-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:

Just went to place my order and Buy.com is sold out. It's QVC or bust. The upside is QVC has a 'real' return plan without any exclusions for TV's (that I can find). Ouch, QVC charges sales tax. This is no longer a no brainer.

Ya, my order is still processing. Not sure when I will get a TV. Wish I could have found one at bestbuy. I dont want to cancel my order, but they have not given me any idea how long before it will ship.
post #380 of 3055 Old 07-22-2010, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator79 View Post

Ya, my order is still processing. Not sure when I will get a TV. Wish I could have found one at bestbuy. I dont want to cancel my order, but they have not given me any idea how long before it will ship.

Unless you pay for shipping, Buy.com tends to drag their feet. It should ship soon.
post #381 of 3055 Old 07-22-2010, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Didn't you mention something about July 21st? (That's Today - Confirmation supposed to be sent to you when shipped?) Also didn't you also purchase Before the Price went up?
Buy.com originally had 100 units and are now sold out!
post #382 of 3055 Old 07-22-2010, 10:08 AM

I ordered on Monday the 19th. I got this emai yesterday:
Dear Buy.com Customer,

We are writing to let you know that we are experiencing a delay in being able to fulfill one or more items on your order #xxx. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you.

The item(s) affected by this backorder notification are:

Order #xxxxxx

sku: 211237890
description: LG 55LHX 55" LCD TV Direct LED - ATSC - NTSC - HD Ready 1080p - 178° / 178° - 16:9 - 1920 x 1080 - 1080p - Dolby Digital, Surround - 50 Hz
qty: 1
--------------------------------------------------------

Items not listed above are not affected by this backorder notification.

Your order status can change quickly as we do our best to fulfill your order, and it's possible that by the time you read this email the delay affecting your order might have been fixed. It's also possible that the items you ordered could still be unavailable.

To check your current order status, please visit https://ssl.buy.com/AC/MyAccount.aspx. From there you can determine if you would like to wait for your items to ship or if you would like to cancel all or part of your order. From there, you can also track shipments already sent to you, change your account information, and update your ship to address and payment information.

If you choose to wait for the item(s) to ship, we will get your products to you as fast as we can and we appreciate your patience.

If you can't wait and you choose to cancel, the cancellation will go through immediately as long as the item has not entered the shipping process. If it has entered the shipping process you won't be able to cancel it. However, it will ship to you within a day or two and you can always refuse it or contact us for a return number so you can send it back to us for a full refund including shipping.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Please note you will not be charged for any cancelled items.

If you have any questions, please visit us at buy.com/support.

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Customer Support
If you need phone support, we will be happy to email you our number.

So I talked to them and they couldn't give me any idea on when the order could be filled...maybe tomoorrow, maybe never.
post #383 of 3055 Old 07-22-2010, 10:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I ordered on Monday the 19th. I got this emai yesterday:
Dear Buy.com Customer,

We are writing to let you know that we are experiencing a delay in being able to fulfill one or more items on your order #xxx. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you.

The item(s) affected by this backorder notification are:

Order #xxxxxx

sku: 211237890
description: LG 55LHX 55" LCD TV Direct LED - ATSC - NTSC - HD Ready 1080p - 178° / 178° - 16:9 - 1920 x 1080 - 1080p - Dolby Digital, Surround - 50 Hz
qty: 1
--------------------------------------------------------

Items not listed above are not affected by this backorder notification.

Your order status can change quickly as we do our best to fulfill your order, and it's possible that by the time you read this email the delay affecting your order might have been fixed. It's also possible that the items you ordered could still be unavailable.

To check your current order status, please visit https://ssl.buy.com/AC/MyAccount.aspx. From there you can determine if you would like to wait for your items to ship or if you would like to cancel all or part of your order. From there, you can also track shipments already sent to you, change your account information, and update your ship to address and payment information.

If you choose to wait for the item(s) to ship, we will get your products to you as fast as we can and we appreciate your patience.

If you can't wait and you choose to cancel, the cancellation will go through immediately as long as the item has not entered the shipping process. If it has entered the shipping process you won't be able to cancel it. However, it will ship to you within a day or two and you can always refuse it or contact us for a return number so you can send it back to us for a full refund including shipping.

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Please note you will not be charged for any cancelled items.

If you have any questions, please visit us at buy.com/support.

We appreciate your business.

Sincerely,

Customer Support
If you need phone support, we will be happy to email you our number.

So I talked to them and they couldn't give me any idea on when the order could be filled...maybe tomoorrow, maybe never.

Probably re-sold all the 55LHXs sold at the $2155.99 pricing for the New $2225.99 pricing. Business ethics?? Told all the previos purchasers they ran into a problem - yeah, like your TV is no longer here, we sold it to a higher offer!
post #384 of 3055 Old 07-22-2010, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I guess it didn't matter that they were sold out last night when I tried to place an order. I had the TV in my cart from earlier in evening but that probably would have gone into limbo too. I don't understand how they would not know if they had the TV in stock. So what do they expect you to do now? Twiddle your thumbs for a week while the QVC stock dwindles away?

I think I've decided against purchasing the LHX as the delivery price offered by QVC is too close to this years higher end TV's. I'd rather spend very little (LH90), or spend more (HX909) and get all the bells and whistles.
post #385 of 3055 Old 07-22-2010, 11:40 AM

oh, it was down that low? Well I will make them get me one at that price then. I dont see my BCB working thou as it was suposed to be 2136 with my bing cash back. They are sedning me a wopping $15 gift card so far for the delay.

Ya, I am litterally twittling my thumbs thinking of what to do. I cant afford the QVC price so I will wait a few days and see what happenes.
post #386 of 3055 Old 07-22-2010, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Reno, Nevada - as of this morning Best Buy Magnolia store #128 - Open Box 55LHX - Old Stock Price Clearout less 10% for Open Box. Don't say I didn't tell you! All the US Best Buy Magnolia stores now Sold Out!
post #387 of 3055 Old 07-22-2010, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I guess it didn't matter that they were sold out last night when I tried to place an order. I had the TV in my cart from earlier in evening but that probably would have gone into limbo too. I don't understand how they would not know if they had the TV in stock. So what do they expect you to do now? Twiddle your thumbs for a week while the QVC stock dwindles away?

I think I've decided against purchasing the LHX as the delivery price offered by QVC is too close to this years higher end TV's. I'd rather spend very little (LH90), or spend more (HX909) and get all the bells and whistles.

All of a sudden buy.com is back selling again versus earlier in the day when they said they were sold out and none available from the manufacturer!?
post #388 of 3055 Old 07-22-2010, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

All of a sudden buy.com is back selling again versus earlier in the day when they said they were sold out and none available from the manufacturer!?

I placed an order. If I receive the 'backordered' email I will cancel.

fyi... I subscribed to an email alert so that I would be notified when the 55LHX was back in stock. Buy.com never sent me an email. Thanks for posting here p5browne. Still not convinced that it's true and that I won't be purchasing a HX909 this weekend after all.
post #389 of 3055 Old 07-23-2010, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post

Five consecutive presses of the [AV Mode] button will refresh the setting to its stored value (can anyone confirm?)

Note: At least one of the AV Mode items, e.g. Sport, must have TruMotion enabled for the [AV Mode] button cycling to work.

I previously posted this work-around, and more recently I found that it wasn't working anymore (to my surprise). I suspect that's because I went and changed all the AV modes to have TruMotion disabled. It makes sense that the TV wouldn't even try to apply a new TruMotion setting if it thinks it's already off and is also set off in all the AV modes you're cycling through.

So your TV is the USA version, the 55LHX?
post #390 of 3055 Old 07-23-2010, 02:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmachine79 View Post

I previously posted this work-around, and more recently I found that it wasn't working anymore (to my surprise). I suspect that's because I went and changed all the AV modes to have TruMotion disabled. It makes sense that the TV wouldn't even try to apply a new TruMotion setting if it thinks it's already off and is also set off in all the AV modes you're cycling through.

So your TV is the USA version, the 55LHX?

I was following your lead in an attempt to reduce button presses. As I recall, one of your 5-press reductions started with QMenu... My gut feel is that all sets can exhibit the anomalous TruMotion behavior that we have observed, under the right circumstances and we are really dealing with configuration-specific issues. And yes, my unit is a bona fide US version of the 55LHX...

Are you able to pull the software module details (MENU:highlight OPTION:hit FAV seven times) or does that fail as well?
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Lg 55lhx 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page