Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KONICA TECH View Post

Yes I did, I meant welcome to the LHX forum
I am still hoping I made the right choice to move up to the LHX. I will find out real soon. Just excited
3 more days is what QVC said.

According to QVC customer service, the 55LHXs ship directly from LG, so I wonder why it takes so long to process orders. Has LG been warehousing their existing inventory and controlloing the US market with regard to this fine but discontinued set? (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

You may want to take a look at all of the shipping labels on your box and enlighten us. Serial cable not required.

-nony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 3055 Old 08-16-2010, 04:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
FYI, I'll add my TV to the mix although I don't think there's anything different about it. I'm fairly certain that all of our sets are identical performance and flaw wise. Delivered from buy.com a few weeks back.

Build date: November 2009
Firmware: 3.21.0
epak, model, ezcal, etc, as quoted here multiple times: 3.21.0 ... 0.0.1

TruMotion bug doesn't really bother me. I'd prefer to have separate blur & judder adjustments as on my Samsung, but as it is I leave the setting set to low. Motion artifacts only bother me on certain content, usually low frame rate downloads from the internets. Blu-ray don't notice them, netflix notice them seldom, over the air hd broadcasts also don't notice 'em. If there's a firmware fix, great but not something I'm going to worry over.
post #543 of 3055 Old 08-16-2010, 04:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMLG View Post

Any idea as to why it was discontinued?

There has been unsubstantiated speculation that BBY/Magnolia wanted to distance themselves from an exclusive on a high-end, limited production panel that did not meet their performance criteria (wireless issues) at the "stipulated/suggested" price point -- especially at a time when the Deptartment of Justice was bearing down hard on the LCD manufacturers for price-fixing. Incidently, LG pleaded guilty and was subsequently fined $400 million - the largest anti-trust fine in US history. There were also rumors that the set initially failed FCC certification and required a minor design modification (addition of shielding and a revised laboratory test report). Also note that LG chose not to provide review samples to the professional review community.

It is their call to prematurely discontinue this model, just a few months after its planned launch. However, it's also their obligation to address defects in the early life cycle of this set. And it's our responsibility to provide appropriate feedback to LG so that they can address our issues.

The bottom line is that LG produced a great set, and it continues to be relatively affordable, in part, due to its checkered history.

-nony
post #544 of 3055 Old 08-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew67 View Post

FYI, I'll add my TV to the mix although I don't think there's anything different about it. I'm fairly certain that all of our sets are identical performance and flaw wise. Delivered from buy.com a few weeks back.

TruMotion bug doesn't really bother me. I'd prefer to have separate blur & judder adjustments as on my Samsung, but as it is I leave the setting set to low. Motion artifacts only bother me on certain content, usually low frame rate downloads from the internets. Blu-ray don't notice them, netflix notice them seldom, over the air hd broadcasts also don't notice 'em. If there's a firmware fix, great but not something I'm going to worry over.

Welcome to the club. Your suggestion a while back, to put together a spreadsheet.. -- makes good sense to me.

-nony
post #545 of 3055 Old 08-16-2010, 06:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nony View Post

According to QVC customer service, the 55LHXs ship directly from LG, so I wonder why it takes so long to process orders. Has LG been warehousing their existing inventory and controlloing the US market with regard to this fine but discontinued set? (Not that there is anything wrong with that)

You may want to take a look at all of the shipping labels on your box and enlighten us. Serial cable not required.

-nony

Just got a call from AIT trucking to deliver on Wednesday
between noon and 5PM. Wife was not happy as it is our
25th anniversary and we will be going out that evening.
I do plan on getting the serial cable as soon as I find out
the set is delivered OK. You are going to have to help me out on how to find the info. Just want it to get here in good shape right now.
I will check out all the labels on the packing to see where it came from. My close friend P5 Browne already is having me check that out. If it was not for him, I would not be getting this TV. He has always given me good advise before so we are very excited! I am buying this sight unseen, but I hear QVC is very good if a return is necessary.
This is my last major purchase till we relocate back to Boston. She wants out of Vegas and has been very patient.
post #546 of 3055 Old 08-17-2010, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p5browne View Post

There weren't enough HDMI inputs on the Yamaha to bypass the Controller. HDMI 1 has a PAL/NTSC Converter DVD player, HDMI 2 the input from the Yamaha and HDMI 3 has the Calibration Pattern Generator for calibrating.
Watched the Scrolling End Credits on a Movie I was watching last night, up close. Switched between the Off, Low and High on the TruMotion. On Off - there was a Very Slight jerkiness as the Credits Scrolled up the Screen. With Low and High the jerkiness was gone. But there is so little difference, you don't notice it unless you're standing 2 feet away. Off at a 60 Degree angle - the Credits are scrolling with rectangular boxes behind them as the BackLight LEDs come On and Off from tier to tier on their way up the screen with the credits. From Straight on view, up to an off angle of 45 degrees, not discerable. Watched my movie and susequent video material - still do not see artifacts.
If Nony is so fired up for me to take the readings - send me up the cable for the readings and I'll send it to another member to take their readings, and so on and so on, or simply return it. Why have everyone buy a cable that they'll never use again? URL for getting the Terminal Emulator he's using would be helpful as well.

Now that you have found some test content on which you can discern the difference between TruMotion being on and off (repeatable condition, even if subtle and only visible from 2 feet away), could you try again to set TruMotion "off" in the menu, start the credits playing, turn the TV off and then back on, and after it has fully switched back on you should be able to see that the credits are scrolling smoothly as if TruMotion were enabled even though it still says "off" in the menu.

Even if you don't immediately notice it because it was not an immediate change (you had to wait for the TV to shut down and re-start, making the change not immediately noticeable), you may then go into the menu and re-enable TruMotion and notice that there is no difference when the setting changed from "off" to "low", and that it becomes slightly jerky when then switching back to "off".

Cheers.
post #547 of 3055 Old 08-17-2010, 01:26 AM

Quote:

Has anyone noticed a significant difference between "low" and "high" settings for TruMotion? From my own observations, I think there's little difference between the two in terms of eliminating blur -- both produce a smooth image -- but I think "high" introduces significantly more motion artefacts.

Since nony reported (if I remember correctly) that the LG appears to correctly initialise TruMotion if the setting is either "low" or "high", and I suspect that "high" the default which is used when the TV is set to "off" (because I personally notice more motion artefacts in "high"), perhaps setting it to "low" and leaving with the soap opera effect and minimal motion artefacts is the only alternative to trying to disable TruMotion and hitting "AV Mode" 5 times every time the TV is switched on, and possibly sometimes when switching between sources.

Andrew, since you have been living with the TV with "low" TruMotion for a while now, would you try both "off" and "high" for a few days each, respectively, and see if you notice much difference between "off" and "high", and between both of those and "low"?

Cheers.
post #548 of 3055 Old 08-17-2010, 02:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmachine79 View Post

Has anyone noticed a significant difference between "low" and "high" settings for TruMotion? From my own observations, I think there's little difference between the two in terms of eliminating blur -- both produce a smooth image -- but I think "high" introduces significantly more motion artefacts.

Since nony reported (if I remember correctly) that the LG appears to correctly initialise TruMotion if the setting is either "low" or "high", and I suspect that "high" the default which is used when the TV is set to "off" (because I personally notice more motion artefacts in "high"), perhaps setting it to "low" and leaving with the soap opera effect and minimal motion artefacts is the only alternative to trying to disable TruMotion and hitting "AV Mode" 5 times every time the TV is switched on, and possibly sometimes when switching between sources.

Andrew, since you have been living with the TV with "low" TruMotion for a while now, would you try both "off" and "high" for a few days each, respectively, and see if you notice much difference between "off" and "high", and between both of those and "low"?

Cheers.

mrmachine79,

I have people down under. Are you willing to test with a serial connection?
I can set you up and walk you through the basics if you're not comfortable with terminal emulators. Let me know.

-nony
post #549 of 3055 Old 08-17-2010, 02:13 AM

Quote:

mrmachine79,

I have people down under. Are you willing to test with a serial connection?
I can set you up and walk you through the basics if you're not comfortable with terminal emulators. Let me know.

-nony

I'm willing to do it and comfortable with terminal emulators. But I don't have the 3.5mm to DB9 cable needed, and not sure where to get it in Australia. I'll do a quick search for one online later tonight.

Cheers.
post #550 of 3055 Old 08-17-2010, 03:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

perhaps setting it to "low" and leaving with the soap opera effect and minimal motion artefacts is the only alternative to trying to disable TruMotion and hitting "AV Mode" 5 times every time the TV is switched on

That was my theory. Also, when I want to turn it off, I pull the up the q-menu and switch between two modes, one with TruMotion On and the other Off. I don't know how many button presses that is. I wish the av/modes were directly accessible with my harmony remote. Would make working around the issue easier.
post #551 of 3055 Old 08-17-2010, 05:17 AM

Quote:

That was my theory. Also, when I want to turn it off, I pull the up the q-menu and switch between two modes, one with TruMotion On and the other Off. I don't know how many button presses that is. I wish the av/modes were directly accessible with my harmony remote. Would make working around the issue easier.

It's 5 presses I might do some testing and see if leaving it on "off" is actually worse than leaving it on "low" (if "off" defaults to "high"). Then perhaps I can tolerate it more often and will not need to press 5 buttons as frequently
post #552 of 3055 Old 08-17-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBlue View Post

Thanks for the info on the "service" port. I'm using the wireless function with no problem so far but it's nice to know that there is an alternative. I've had mine for about two weeks. It came by way of a superb closeout from Magnolia/Best Buy.

It was assembled in December in Mexico and is identified by two serial numbered stickers on the back - one as a 55LHX and the other as a 55LH95. So far it has been a real delight after its predecessor, a 20 year old Mitsubishi CRT, became intermittent.

I don't understand why they didn't market these better. The picture quality as displayed in the Magnolia Room was rather poor. Yet in our setting it is excellent!

As an update - my Media box was replaced two weeks ago with one shipped to the parts center at the end of MAY, due to a mechanical problem with the Toslink connector(sloppy loose) - although there are no published firmware updates for the Media Box or the panel - my new Media Box has a

Firmware V 3.26.00(00.32.78) where as the old one was 3.21.00(0.0.32.33) and a
Micom Version V 3.04 as opposed to V 3.03
BaseBand SW Version: V0, 2009-09-031
Compile Date and Time: 20100319 & 13:31:07

Mine was a December build on both the panel (Mexico) and the original box (Korea). The LG tech transferred the ID stickers from the old box to the new one.

We have noticed no difference in the operation of the sets beyond the proper mechanical tightness of the Toslink connection. As the firmware for the panel remained the same - I really didn't expect any.

I asked the tech to check for availability of firmware updates and he said there were none and with the newness of the sets that would be surprising were there any.

As a side note - the LG techs seem to service most of their line. The fellow that helped me had just replaced a circuit board in a dishwasher on his previous call that afternoon.
post #553 of 3055 Old 08-17-2010, 04:01 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

As an update - my Media box was replaced two weeks ago with one shipped to the parts center at the end of MAY, due to a mechanical problem with the Toslink connector(sloppy loose) - although there are no published firmware updates for the Media Box or the panel - my new Media Box has a

Firmware V 3.26.00(00.32.78) where as the old one was 3.21.00(0.0.32.33) and a
Micom Version V 3.04 as opposed to V 3.03
BaseBand SW Version: V0, 2009-09-031
Compile Date and Time: 20100319 & 13:31:07

Mine was a December build on both the panel (Mexico) and the original box (Korea). The LG tech transferred the ID stickers from the old box to the new one.

We have noticed no difference in the operation of the sets beyond the proper mechanical tightness of the Toslink connection. As the firmware for the panel remained the same - I really didn't expect any.

I asked the tech to check for availability of firmware updates and he said there were none and with the newness of the sets that would be surprising were there any.

Thanx for reporting in. Interestingly, in their internal training course, they state that the panel and media box must be running the same version of software.

What is the manufacturing date on the your new Media Box?

-nony
post #554 of 3055 Old 08-18-2010, 08:18 AM

The new Media Box has a born-on date of 5/13/10
post #555 of 3055 Old 08-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

We have been repeatedly told that newer firmware is not available for the LHX. This is clearly not the case.

If LG has a policy of not offering post-production firmware updates in the field for their non-internet connected TVs, to tell us that no such firmware exists, in the case of the 55LHX, is deceptively unacceptable.

-nony
post #556 of 3055 Old 08-18-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:

RustyBlue,

What are the firmware and micom version(s) on your Panel? We got a replacement media box today with same 3.26.00 firmware version (Micom V3.04) as the one you just got. It isn't talking to our Panel. (Our Panel firmware version is 3.22.00 and Micom version is 3.23.)

I didn't get a chance to see when this new media box was born and made. It isn't talking to our panel so the LG tech left with it.

Thanks for the info,
NMLG

NMLG* (Person who owns LG TV and lives in NM)
*Not affiliated with LG :)
post #557 of 3055 Old 08-18-2010, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Welcome to Konica Tech, our newest 55LHX owner, it's a TV, weighing in at 79Lbs , 4oz!
post #558 of 3055 Old 08-18-2010, 08:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

We have been repeatedly told that newer firmware is not available for the LHX. This is clearly not the case.

(a) We've been told that there is no user upgradeable firmware available, and that remains to be true. (b) It's not known if this firmware solves the TruMotion issue and that's the only outstanding problem. Don't think it's anything to be upset about unless it solves the problem and is not available to us.
post #559 of 3055 Old 08-19-2010, 12:25 AM

Quote:

(a) We've been told that there is no user upgradeable firmware available, and that remains to be true. (b) It's not known if this firmware solves the TruMotion issue and that's the only outstanding problem. Don't think it's anything to be upset about unless it solves the problem and is not available to us.

I can only speak for myself, but I wasn't told that there was no "user upgradeable" firmware, I was told (on at least two separate occasions, by level 2 support who had me on hold for ages while they spoke to techs, and by techs at my home) that there are no firmware updates for techs to apply.
post #560 of 3055 Old 08-19-2010, 02:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Don't think it's anything to be upset about unless it solves the problem and is not available to us.

The LG customer service rep whom I spoke with earlier today (my first contact with LG), was emphatic that the 3.26 firmware doesn't exist in any way, shape, or form. Not even on the Media Box. I tried to suggest otherwise by pointing him to specific posts in this thread, but was unsuccessful in convincing him that rev. 3.26 has been shipping in their Media Box and continues to be deployed (here in the US) by their field service technicians.

In-the-field upgrades to the latest maintenance release are typically encouraged/performed by tech support and oftentimes a critical step in the problem determination/resolution process, particularly when the vendor can't pinpoint the customer's problem.

LG also indicated that they had no record of the TruMotion bug ever being reported before my call. Taking this at face value, I suggest that everyone on this forum with the TruMotion problem should call it in to LG.

-nony
post #561 of 3055 Old 08-19-2010, 04:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 185
Just came back from the Calibration Seminar and was wondering if anyone has tried the DVDO iScan™ Duo ? It was great as to the aspect that Calman 4 integrates with this to do the Greyscale and CMS with the click of a mouse and automates a lot of the process. Also supposedly cleans up source materials.
post #562 of 3055 Old 08-19-2010, 04:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I can only speak for myself, but I wasn't told that there was no "user upgradeable" firmware, I was told (on at least two separate occasions, by level 2 support who had me on hold for ages while they spoke to techs, and by techs at my home) that there are no firmware updates for techs to apply.

And that is not true? Has anyone seen or read about a tech applying a firmware update? The 55LHX was sold as is. Firmware updates were not promised.
post #563 of 3055 Old 08-19-2010, 04:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iemonslice View Post

I've noticed something very strange with my TruMotion auto enabling issue. I only have the issue on the HDMI input that my cable box* is plugged into. I don't have the issue on the HDMI input that my Asus O!Play media player is plugged into. I tried swapping the HDMI inputs and still only the input with the cable box displayed the issue. I also tried swapping the cables and still only the cable box input had the problem. For completions sake, I moved the cable box into the 3rd HDMI input and it still displayed the issue. Anyone else able to corroborate my obvservation?

*My cable box is a Samsung SMT-H3260 with cable service from Time Warner Cable in NYC.

iemonslice,

Just completed another round of testing with my BD590 connected via HDMI-1 to the Media Box and I get mixed results, dependent upon the BD590's configuration and the panel's Real Cinema setting -

Edit: Media Box was running in wired mode (HDMI to the panel) and HDMI-1 was labeled Blu-ray. As we know from various posts -- the input, input source, and input label are evaluated by the TruMotion handler. (Thanks to KakimotoRift for flagging the input label and his exceptionally useful contributions to this forum.)

Case 1. BD590 set for 1080/24p operation w/ Real Cinema On - No issues (TruMotion Off explicitly sent)
Case 2. BD590 set for 1080/60p operation w/ Real Cinema On - Broken
Case 3. BD590 set for 1080i operation w/ Real Cinema On - Broken
Case 4,5,6 same as 1,2,3 w/ Real Cinema Off - Broken

The Case 1 log has the following entries of interest -

011.529:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC set index: 3
011.530:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC level 3
011.593:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC set index: 0
011.594:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC level 0

012.326:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC set index: 3
012.327:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC level 3

The MEMC index values (from the FRC Change TruM Level submenu) are -

Set MEMC Level? 0=Off, 1=Low, 2=High, 3=5:5Pull down, 4=1Frame, 5=all frame use

We see that two MEMC commands are given -

MEMC set index: 3 - configure the TruMotion chip for 5:5 pulldown
MEMC set index: 0 - set TruMotion Off

Note that an index value of 5 corresponds to TruMotion Low.

Did you ever place a service call with LG?

-nony
post #564 of 3055 Old 08-19-2010, 04:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Just completed another round of testing with my BD590 connected via HDMI to the Media Box and I get mixed results, dependent upon the BD590's configuration and the panel's Real Cinema setting (with TruMotion Off)

Case 1. BD590 set for 1080/24p operation w/ Real Cinema On - No issues (TruMotion Off explicitly sent)
Case 2. BD590 set for 1080/60p operation w/ Real Cinema On - Broken
Case 3. BD590 set for 1080i operation w/ Real Cinema On - Broken
Case 4,5,6 same as 1,2,3 w/ Real Cinema Off - Broken

I was wondering about this as I have TruMotion disabled in my second set of THX settings and I only have issues for certain content and devices. I never notice TruMotion when watching a BR, but I also have my Oppo set up for 1080/24p output and only watch BR with the Oppo. With the HTPC, TruMotion seems to come into play with certain content. That's just my observation and I have no data to prove or disprove any of that.
post #565 of 3055 Old 08-19-2010, 04:55 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

And that is not true? Has anyone seen or read about a tech applying a firmware update? The 55LHX was sold as is. Firmware updates were not promised.

I suggest you read the manufacturers warranty. Then read it again. LG most certainly does upgrades in the field. You really need to do your homework.

-nony
post #566 of 3055 Old 08-19-2010, 05:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I suggest you read the manufacturers warranty. Then read it again. LG most certainly does upgrades in the field. You really need to do your homework.

So? Is there a paragraph in the warranty that I will be receiving updates? Thought not. Maybe you need to read it again. Or better yet, put in a call to THX. It doesn't matter what LG does for other products. There's nothing implied, promised, or expected about firmware updates.
post #567 of 3055 Old 08-19-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMLG View Post

RustyBlue,

What are the firmware and micom version(s) on your Panel? We got a replacement media box today with same 3.26.00 firmware version (Micom V3.04) as the one you just got. It isn't talking to our Panel. (Our Panel firmware version is 3.22.00 and Micom version is 3.23.)

I didn't get a chance to see when this new media box was born and made. It isn't talking to our panel so the LG tech left with it.

Thanks for the info,
NMLG

The panel was assembled in Mexico in December and has:
Firmware Version: 3.22.00(0.0.32.33)
Micom Version: 3.23

We had a similar problem with the first replacement box that the tech brought by. It finally showed pairing with the panel but with no signal being acquired.
The second box paired and functioned right away.
post #568 of 3055 Old 08-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I'm willing to do it and comfortable with terminal emulators. But I don't have the 3.5mm to DB9 cable needed, and not sure where to get it in Australia. I'll do a quick search for one online later tonight.

Cheers.

mrmachine99,

You should be able to acquire the Lectrosonics cable from Murray Tregonning & Associates - http://www.mtasales.com.au/sitemap.htm as can be seen here - http://www.mtasales.com.au/lectroson...o_prod_AM8.htm

-nony
post #569 of 3055 Old 08-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Advanced Member

Here's an interesting test scenerio because it doesn't involve power cycling (or any user initiated changes) on the 55LHX -

Initial Conditions: BD590 is Powered Off (configured for 480p), input on panel set to BD590 HDMI port - the panel displays "no signal"

Case A - when TruMotion has been set to Low and we power up the BD590 we get -

500.058:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC set index: 5 (BD590 Splash Screen)
500.059:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC level 1
510.058:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC set index: 0 (Sceen Blank)
510.059:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC level 0
510.068:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC Off
510.618:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC On
514.491:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC set index: 5 (BD590 Home Screen)
514.493:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC level 1

Case B - when TruMotion has been set to High and we power up the BD590 we get -

918.825:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC set index: 2 (BD590 Splash Screen)
918.826:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC level 2
929.826:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC set index: 0 (Screen Blank)
929.827:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC level 0
929.835:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC Off
930.573:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC On
933.091:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC set index: 2 (BD590 Splash Screen)
933.092:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC level 2

Case C - when TruMotion has been set to Off and we power up the BD590 we get -

115.592:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC Off (Screen Blank)
115.981:tUiMain ] [FRC ] MEMC On

It can be seen from the above that the TruMotion setting can be switched in the background as a result of signal changes at the inputs of the Media Box.

Note that in Case C - the TruMotion setting remained in the Off state as the MEMC Off/MEMC On sequence does not reset the chip.

-nony
post #570 of 3055 Old 08-20-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:

The LG customer service rep whom I spoke with earlier today (my first contact with LG), was emphatic that the 3.26 firmware doesn't exist in any way, shape, or form. Not even on the Media Box. I tried to suggest otherwise by pointing him to specific posts in this thread, but was unsuccessful in convincing him that rev. 3.26 has been shipping in their Media Box and continues to be deployed (here in the US) by their field service technicians.

In-the-field upgrades to the latest maintenance release are typically encouraged/performed by tech support and oftentimes a critical step in the problem determination/resolution process, particularly when the vendor can't pinpoint the customer's problem.

LG also indicated that they had no record of the TruMotion bug ever being reported before my call. Taking this at face value, I suggest that everyone on this forum with the TruMotion problem should call it in to LG.

-nony

It has definitely been reported here in Australia, and confirmed by LG techs. But I doubt that these reports and confirmation make their way back up the food chain to an LG global database. Especially since in my case the resolution is/was for LG to agree to a replacement (LX9500), I think they probably filed it under "case closed".

I tried calling back and asking them to double check whether or not any firmware updates were available, or arrange for a tech to come and re-flash the current firmware. They confirmed that no firmware updates were available, but declined to send a tech to re-flash the current firmware since I already had a replacement on the way (which I didn't want to cancel in the hope that re-flashing the current firmware would make any difference).

The LX9500 is due to be delivered tomorrow, and I've got the 55LHX packed up and ready to go, so I won't be able to check the debug log as I wasn't able to source the 3.5mm adapter soon enough. I should be able to check the debug log on the LX9500, though, assuming it works in the same way.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Samsung 55 Inch Led Hdtv Un55b8500 , Lg 55lhx 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page