37” with the thinnest bezel? Need to fit 34.5 inch space. Help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 01:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking for a 37 inch HDTV with the thinnest possible bezel. Trying to fit the biggest screen possible a built-in cabinet with 34.5-inch space. A 37-inch screen should fit, if the model has a thin bezel, but I can't find any models less than 36 inches in width (1.5 inches wider than can fit). I think 34.5 is a fairly standard cabinet with and I can't believe no companies make a HDTV larger than 32 that will fit. There is a pretty big difference in a 32 and 37 inch TV.

Does anyone have any knowledge/had any luck finding a 37-inch screen with a thin bezel to fit this size space?

Thanks in advance,

Josh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fripp View Post

I’m looking for a 37 inch HDTV with the thinnest possible bezel. Trying to fit the biggest screen possible a built-in cabinet with 34.5-inch space. A 37-inch screen should fit, if the model has a thin bezel, but I can’t find any models less than 36 inches in width (1.5 inches wider than can fit). I think 34.5 is a fairly standard cabinet with and I can’t believe no companies make a HDTV larger than 32” that will fit. There is a pretty big difference in a 32 and 37 inch TV.

Does anyone have any knowledge/had any luck finding a 37-inch screen with a thin bezel to fit this size space?

Thanks in advance,

Josh

I just did a quick scan of all the 37" TVs currently on the market and didn't find any with a bezel small enough to fit your space. If one exists, it's probably some "off-brand" that nobody wants anyway. However, I really doubt if you'll find one.

Sorry...
post #3 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Jim. Am I the only one that finds it odd that no one can shave a 1/2" of each side off the bezel to accommodate such a popular size of cabinet space (I have surveyed a bunch of different models of tv cabinets that all have approximately the same 34.5" interior measurements)? I mean you are 99% there for a 37 inch tv but because of the fat bezels you have to move all the way down to a 32 inch screen? No one makes anything between a 32 and 37, do they? What is everyone with this size cabinet doing? Settling for a 32 inch?

The bigger sets are getting thinner and thinner bezels, and I'm sure this will trickle down to the smaller sets sometime soon...
post #4 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks Jim. Am I the only one that finds it odd that no one can shave a 1/2" of each side off the bezel to accommodate such a popular size of cabinet space (I have surveyed a bunch of different models of tv cabinets that all have approximately the same 34.5" interior measurements)? I mean you are 99% there for a 37 inch tv but because of the fat bezels you have to move all the way down to a 32 inch screen? No one makes anything between a 32 and 37, do they? What is everyone with this size cabinet doing? Settling for a 32 inch?

The bigger sets are getting thinner and thinner bezels, and I'm sure this will trickle down to the smaller sets sometime soon...

How long have you had your cabinet? Perhaps it was originally meant for a 36" TV with 4:3 aspect ratio rather than a 16:9 widescreen model.
post #5 of 15 Old 10-19-2009, 04:03 PM

I have a similar situation but at 42". Two solutions I am considering are (1) routing 1/2" off the inside of both (3/4") side walls where the TV will sit or (2) placing the TV so one side is further back in the cabinet. I only need an extra 1/2" to cram some of the 46" TVs into my 42" wide cabinet however while you may need a combination of the two to get 1-1/2". You could also mount it on a pull-out shelf or multi-directional wall mount if the cabinet is built in and canter it to push it in and pull it out and turn it straight to watch. You might even cram a 40" in if you use the full front-corner to back-corner.
post #6 of 15 Old 08-26-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:

I'm looking for a 37 inch HDTV with the thinnest possible bezel. Trying to fit the biggest screen possible a built-in cabinet with 34.5-inch space. A 37-inch screen should fit, if the model has a thin bezel, but I can't find any models less than 36 inches in width (1.5 inches wider than can fit). I think 34.5 is a fairly standard cabinet with and I can't believe no companies make a HDTV larger than 32 that will fit. There is a pretty big difference in a 32 and 37 inch TV.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

I have a somewhat similar problem, but I am much closer in size with my cabinet. I can accommodate anything up to 35.5 bezel width. The cabinet is veneer over engineered wood, so routing it is not a real option, unless I want to re-veneer the cabinet. So very close to being able to fit a 37", but not there. Very frustrated! 36.13 seems to be the standard width for a 37". My living room is not large, and a 37" is all I really need. Given the cost of replacing two televisions, I cannot handle the cost of replacing the entertainment center right now. If anyone knows of a brand that is coming out with a 37" slightly narrower bezel, please let me know. My DVR is already located in my living room/great room. It's already an HD box, and I hate that I'm paying for the HD quality without having an HDTV to connect to it!! Very frustrating!!!!!
post #7 of 15 Old 08-26-2010, 11:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Your TV would overheat. Flat panels need at least a 4" gap around all sides.
post #8 of 15 Old 08-26-2010, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Try a Vizio Razor 37" - 35.3" and all you do is angle it slightly within the cabinet and you don't need a 4" side clearance if you've got clearance forward and to the rear and above - thats plenty. Plus --- These are LED and next to no heat generation.

Buy one and try where you have return rights (like Costco) and you have nothing to lose to try and jerry rig it's fit where your only slanting to gain that one inch variance for fit - TV so light that it shouldn't be much of an issue to at least try and the 32" I saw of this model at Target was quite impressive.

M370VT 35.34"

XVT373SV 35.72" W

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #9 of 15 Old 08-26-2010, 07:00 PM

Palt I would check out the LG 37LE5300. It has a 35.6" width.
post #10 of 15 Old 08-26-2010, 10:30 PM

Liked: 12
Fripp, can you do something like this?:

(Sorry, couldn't resist...:-)

--jayhawk
post #11 of 15 Old 08-27-2010, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wonder how long his wife made him sleep on the couch? That "was" a decent piece of furniture.
post #12 of 15 Old 08-27-2010, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by topr View Post

I wonder how long his wife made him sleep on the couch? That "was" a decent piece of furniture.

My brother-in-law did the same thing with a built-in wall unit. However, he cut "notches" out of both sides so the LCD is centered and it surprisingly doesn't look all that bad after he trimmed out the expanded opening with new wood molding, etc.
post #13 of 15 Old 08-27-2010, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 11
They should call TV cabinets "TV limiters" instead, because all they basically do is limit the maximum size of your TV

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine, but i do recommend that everyone get rid of their TV limiters
post #14 of 15 Old 08-30-2011, 01:53 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:

I'm looking for a 37 inch HDTV with the thinnest possible bezel. Trying to fit the biggest screen possible a built-in cabinet with 34.5-inch space....... Does anyone have any knowledge/had any luck finding a 37-inch screen with a thin bezel to fit this size space?

Thanks in advance,
Josh

Well Josh, there finally is a 37" LCD HDTV that has a 34.4" width which will accommodate my bedroom armoire (34.5" internal width). It's the new Panasonic TC-L37DT30, see:
http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-e...del.TC-L37DT30

This is good news!

Regards,
Ken S.

SlotKar
post #15 of 15 Old 01-31-2013, 05:57 PM

You can use this TV:
Samsung 37'' Class 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV UN37EH5000 ENERGY STAR®