Samsung clicking problem need advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 17 Old 11-04-2009, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys i have a samsung lnt5271f and recently when i go to turn it on it turns on but then it starts turning on turning off turning on turning off it does this around 10x's or so then it finally turns on does anyone know what it might be? i really dont wanna pay to have someone come out and fix it maybe i can do it myself? any advise would help
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 11-04-2009, 07:48 PM

I have a LN4065F that is almost 2 years old that started doing that a month or so ago. It would click like it was having trouble powering up, after a while of doing this it started showing vertical lines on the screen. I could turn it off and on enough and it would be fine but it took a while. I took it in today and they said I need a new power board and maybe a new main board. If it is still under warrenty call Samsung and get it looked at soon, maybe you can save your main board.
I don't know for sure how much the repairs will cost yet but if it is too much I may not even fix it and just buy something else.
post #3 of 17 Old 11-04-2009, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
yep sounds like the power supply and/or CCFL ballast is going bad or even a CCFL bulb itself , whats happening is when it fails to start the bulb(s) it tries again and again until it finally works then its ok because much like a florescent bulb that is going bad if you try to turn it off and on repeatedly it will eventually lite and then once lit stay lit because it takes much less power to stay lit than to start the bulb up initially

If you're a gamer or interested in using an LCD TV as a primary monitor take a look at my thread on Input Lag
post #4 of 17 Old 11-04-2009, 10:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Most likely the capacitor in the PSU deal. SEARCH for thread.

Of course we don't really know what U can do, ever opened up a piece of electronics etc.
post #5 of 17 Old 11-04-2009, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
The Samsungs are notorious for having these problems. I bought my TV from Best Buy (Samsung 4661 model) and someone is actually coming out tomorrow to look at the TV. This will be the 5th time this year someone has came out to look at the TV (still under warranty for another year). They have replaced the power supply a couple times now. Another time they came out they said nothing was wrong with it and sure enough 2 days later the TV was not turning on again.

What happens with my TV is that sometimes when I turn it on it makes a weird buzzing noise for 1-2 seconds and the picture shuts off, but there will still be audio. It seems this is a humidity related problem with my TV at least. It seems when the humidity gets above 52% the TV won't turn on and all there is through the TV is audio. This is a pain and hopefully we get our TV replaced.
post #6 of 17 Old 11-05-2009, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

if i dont get it fixed will it ruin the tv in time?
post #7 of 17 Old 11-05-2009, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex666 View Post

if i dont get it fixed will it ruin the tv in time?

Right b4r the Superbowl or NBA final, it's gonna finally not power up at all.
post #8 of 17 Old 11-05-2009, 09:34 AM - Thread Starter

mrbobb, now that would be terible
i might just end up selling it and buying myself the samsung led 7100 ive been drooling on that set
post #9 of 17 Old 11-05-2009, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Have you heard that the samsung leds are more reliable?Its still a Samsung

Matt
post #10 of 17 Old 11-09-2009, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

hey guys do you think if i update the tv via firmware this might repair the problem? or should i still do both? call a tech and install the firmware
post #11 of 17 Old 11-09-2009, 07:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex666 View Post

hey guys do you think if i update the tv via firmware this might repair the problem? or should i still do both? call a tech and install the firmware

firmware will not fix a hardware problem but sure if you wanna try go for it

If you're a gamer or interested in using an LCD TV as a primary monitor take a look at my thread on Input Lag
post #12 of 17 Old 11-11-2009, 02:51 PM

My 4665f started doing the same thing a fews days ago...... Out of warranty of course... I got it to come on after a few hours of clicking yesterday and i left it on all night so i could watch it today... Not sure if i wanna replace or repair, so it will stay on until i decide !
post #13 of 17 Old 11-11-2009, 05:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeren1 View Post

Not sure if i wanna replace or repair, so it will stay on until i decide !

OK just make sure u make noise once in a while, else the neighbors may think u bought the farm on the lazy boy.
post #14 of 17 Old 11-12-2009, 11:36 PM

Get yours fixed. Clicking/delayed start, and not powering on (LED either not lit or behaving oddly), opening up and inspect the power supply, in certain area where white ribbon (widest) for mainboard is near. What you are looking for is number of capacitor grouped close together all 10mm in diameter. Now inspect these capacitor's tops (aluminum with "X" embossed in them), they probably will be bulged or leaked dark stuff.

If so, these capacitors has to be replaced. Make sure tech uses low ESR 105C with high current ripple rating capacitors. Not all shops looks for this specifics as they usually buy from their electronic suppliers which is general purpose caps and this is not appropriate type and will not last and not same performance.

If your unit is warranty, which most TV are 1 year brand warranty not the "contract" type like extrended service that like best buy and such sells. For ones under warranty, these boards get replaced and this will repeat with bad caps in 1-2 years (I prefer changing caps if I care about it for reliability. For extended service coverage type beyond 1 year, "extended service coverage" contract type servicers chooses to swap boards or repair if capacitors is bulged but issues of using correct caps remains an issue.

Cheers, Wizard
post #15 of 17 Old 11-16-2009, 04:05 PM

Thx wizzard and i couldn't agree more..... I fixed mine today in about an hour and for arount 12 bucks!!!! This forum rawks !!!
post #16 of 17 Old 12-31-2012, 12:58 PM

My TV also had the click of death. Now, without replacing anything, it works like new.

The main board, nor capacitors, need replaced! The capacitors are simply overloaded, and need cleared.

The fix is simple:

1. Unplug the TV.
2. Hold the power button for 15 seconds (clears any stored power in the capacitors).
3. Plug in TV.
4. Turn on.

Voila.
post #17 of 17 Old 03-23-2013, 11:26 AM

Had same clicking noises on my Samsung le40r74bdx model... Rang Samsung today Saturday they said local engineer will contact me within 48hrs from Monday to arrange a free yes FREE repair.. Guess what an engineer has just rang and arranged a visit for Monday morning now THAT'S WHAT I CALL SERVICE will keep u updated
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page