Vizio VO420E Buzzing Noise - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-05-2009, 01:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought the VO420E a couple weeks ago, and today it started to have this horrible loud buzzing noise. It's audible whether or not the TV is on mute.
The only way to make it go away is to set the TV Setting Backlight to 0. It's loudest at 100, and then going down from there it get's quieter until it 'seems' to be gone at 0. Is there any way I can fix this? Or does anyone know what the problem is? Thanks ^_^

Note: This isn't the humming noise that happens when the backlight is set to anything except 100. My TV has that too (barely audible though), but this buzz is like 100 times louder. & the other buzz is irrelevant really cause I keep my backlight at 100 at all times anyway...until now; where I have to keep it at 0 to keep my sanity haha.

Update: I fixed the problem. But this same problem plagued my iMac for months. I noticed how both the iMac & the TV were making the same buzzing noise (& I knew that this only happens to the iMac occasionally). So I tried different plugs; different power strips, any different configuration I could think of. I finally gave up and decided to go to bed. I turned off all the lights in my house and came back to a dead silent room. Turns out; the four lights in the living room were dimmed and as such were effecting [in some way] the power draw from my TV & iMac (I'm guessing because they had the most power draw [?]). Thus when I turned off the lights, the problem was fixed. I went and turned back on the lights to full brightness, and viola still had a dead silent room. This has plagued me for like 5 months now, only to find out it was the living room lights the whole time! Ha, silly me ;P. Anyway, does anyone have a real explanation to that specific phenomenon? I hope that I helped at least one person in the world as per explaining my solution ;P.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page