moe lands on:
Samsung 55UN7000
post #3 of 35 Old 11-27-2009, 08:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
yes, if you started from Vizio... I started from Samsung....my moe landed on Sharp...

....you could always try to compare them side-by-side and draw your own conclusion...

all 3 will give very good results....

Boky
post #4 of 35 Old 11-27-2009, 09:15 PM

Liked: 16
After 800 hours of research I know that the Sharp is better then the vizio by a mile and about a quarter mile better then the 7000.

Gamertag: Elder Sasquatch
post #5 of 35 Old 11-27-2009, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquatch321 View Post

After 800 hours of research I know that the Sharp is better then the vizio by a mile and about a quarter mile better then the 7000.

well...there you go!!!

a sensible member on these forums... just when I lost all hope... light at the end of a tunnel?

Boky
post #6 of 35 Old 11-27-2009, 10:18 PM

Liked: 11
There should be a choice for none of the above. At least for me, LED televisions aren't fundamentally ready for primetime. One step forward and two back.
post #7 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

I'd buy the Sharp (best price) or Samsung (Best product Support)
post #8 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 06:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 358
Why do you give Samsung kudos for best product support. That seems to be the opposite of everything I have read from owners on this forum. Good displays, if you get one, like every manufacturer this year no one is delivering an acceptable panel with every display sold, but I'm confused about the "best support." Explain more if so inclined - thanks.
post #9 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 06:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Although I would never recommend Sharp for a "regular" LCD, this new Sharp AQUOS LC52LE700UN gets two big "thumbs up" from this Purdue graduate! Sharp definitely has a winner with this one.
post #10 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 06:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post

Why do you give Samsung kudos for best product support. That seems to be the opposite of everything I have read from owners on this forum. Good displays, if you get one, like every manufacturer this year no one is delivering an acceptable panel with every display sold, but I'm confused about the "best support." Explain more if so inclined - thanks.

I can call tech support for help, get schematics/service info online. Parts are readily available. Sony probably has the best Combined User/Technical Support of any Brand.
post #11 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 06:50 AM

the sharp is the only one of those with a full LED panel right? aren't the other two edge lit with local dimming?

if that's right, then i think you have to decide which technology is superior then make your decision. the conclusion i came to was the local dimming is a good idea with great potential that will improve over time, but if i were to purchase today i'd go with the Sharp. my parents bought one for their house and it's a noticeable improvement over my D64.
post #12 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 06:56 AM

Lions and Tigers and Bears........oh my!

Take the Bears (a.k.a. Samsung). They have the most experience with LED back-lit sets.
post #13 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

I thank everyone for this prompt response. I am leaning more and more towards Sharp. My main consideration is the PQ and the price, of course. And it seems that Sharp is slightly ahead, plus somewhat better reviews, overall. Please convince me otherwise if you can.
post #14 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 08:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by verzo View Post

I thank everyone for this prompt response. I am leaning more and more towards Sharp. My main consideration is the PQ and the price, of course. And it seems that Sharp is slightly ahead, plus somewhat better reviews, overall. Please convince me otherwise if you can.

No need to, it seems you have done a little homework and the Sharp appeals to you the most out of the three...go get the Sharp and don't look back.
post #15 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 10:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Sammy... because they have the sexiest bezel of them all.

Solution: FREE. Explanation: I will have to charge$ you.

post #16 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Maybe you need 801 hours, because most the more resepctable Prof. reviewer's give the nod to the Vizio over the Sharp here is Cnet, one of if not the most respected reviewer's.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-t...?tag=mncol;lst

post #17 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Quote:

Really? Vizio uses LG panels. I don't know if Sharp panel is better than LG panel by a mile. I believe many people will rank Samsung to make the best panels. I think the problem-free one is the best one. All the panels seem to suffer from one problem or the other, i.e. Sharp has banding problem, etc.
post #18 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostate View Post

Really? Vizio uses LG panels. I don't know if Sharp panel is better than LG panel by a mile. I believe many people will rank Samsung to make the best panels. I think the problem-free one is the best one. All the panels seem to suffer from one problem or the other, i.e. Sharp has banding problem, etc.

No banding on the LE700 my friend.

post #19 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post

Maybe you need 801 hours, because most the more resepctable Prof. reviewer's give the nod to the Vizio over the Sharp here is Cnet, one of if not the most respected reviewer's.

I'd rather opt for excellent shadow detail and no fluctuating backlight on the Sharp!

post #20 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 12:04 PM
TNG
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post

Cnet, the MacDonalds of reviews. I tend not to trust Cnet very much, seen to much evidence with my own eyes and experience that contradicts what they say.
post #21 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 12:11 PM
TNG
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I love this, Samsung has the best panel, Sharp has banding. How long will that keep coming up? If you look at all the sets out there (LCD) they all have screen uniformity issues. I have a 40A550 that has screen banding much worse than both the Sharps that I own.

I could say that Samsung uses cheap components in its electronics (which there is evidence to show) but that would be just plain mean.

Also until you have seen the manufacturing line for yourself, there is realy no way to tell who's panel is really "the best".
post #22 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:

didn't see any on my folks' 52LE700UN.
post #23 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Yikes. I should have used present perfect tense and written Sharp has had banding problem. I was simply using Sharp as an example. My point was that every brand has had problems including Samsung, LG, Sony, Toshiba, etc. etc.

I really am not an advocate of any brand. Like I have stated, problem-free one is the best one, regardless of the brand. First-tier brand products seem to be pretty much the same to me, in terms of reliability, etc. Picture quality is a subjective thing. Get which ever brand that looks best to you. It's your money.
post #24 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:

Yikes. I should have used present perfect tense and written Sharp has had banding problem. I was simply using Sharp as an example. My point was that every brand has had problems including Samsung, LG, Sony, Toshiba, etc. etc.

I really am not an advocate of any brand. Like I have stated, problem-free one is the best one, regardless of the brand. First-tier brand products seem to be pretty much the same to me, in terms of reliability, etc. Picture quality is a subjective thing. Get which ever brand that looks best to you. It's your money.

Ok I'll get the Sharp LE700un.

post #25 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Advanced Member

Sure, whatever floats your boat, buddy.
post #26 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 05:21 PM
TNG
AVS Special Member

Quote:

OK, I jumped a little hard there.

I tend to be like you, I think that First-tier brands tend to be better and I do have some personal feelings about Samsung business ethics, even though I have bought a couple of their sets.

I am not even really a big advocate of LCD, I recommend things as I see them. Recommended a Plasma to my brother in law the other day. Building a man cave from his oldest sons room.

For the OP, I have had a couple of Sharps for about 3 years, a 52D62U and a 42D72U. Have not had one issue with them and seem like they will be with me for a long time. Wish they had more features that todays sets have but, good sets none the less.
post #27 of 35 Old 11-28-2009, 09:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'd rather opt for excellent shadow detail and no fluctuating backlight on the Sharp!

yes.... shadow detail was deciding factory for me as well... when I bought 77 series...

Boky
post #28 of 35 Old 11-29-2009, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ahhhhh,,, well I spent 873 hours researching the Sharp vs Vizio and during the last 73 hours of my research I found the Vizio was better than the Sharp so I purchased the Vizio 551 LED,,,,, if ya just would'a hung n there for another 73 hours !!!

Cheers
Davyo
post #29 of 35 Old 11-29-2009, 06:31 AM

It only took me a few viewing minutes (especially off-axis) to know I didn't like any of them.
post #30 of 35 Old 11-29-2009, 08:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill4903485 View Post

It only took me a few viewing minutes (especially off-axis) to know I didn't like any of them.

I just don't get this. If you are buying a TV for yourself, then you sit in the sweet spot in your room for your viewing pleasure. If you care so much about what your guests see, then buy them their own sets to watch. Off-axis viewing issues are a feature of the technology. If you don't like an LCD set for its off-axis picture quality, that's really stretching your buying angst.
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page