Firmware Hack And Firmware updates LG LH/LF Series - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 697 Old 08-31-2010, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys i have a question, how do i recognize wheter my LG model is European? I live in Italy and i bought the TV at a local store, but i just wanna be sure that it's an european model (it says it was assembled in Czech Republica?).

The TV i have is LG 32LH3000.

PS
This is extremaly important that i don't brick this TV because my father just bought it today, and im very impatient to see how does it perform with "real" 1080p movies and i don't have a blu-ray player, so i made a quick research and came up on this idea of usb hacking (btw, why has it been disabled in newer versions, does anybody know?).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 697 Old 08-31-2010, 04:45 PM

Hi forum,

managed to get into service menu on 32ld350 with help of the wiki.

Remote used: Medion 41169 code: 119
get into eazy menu with setup + av on remote
code to enter: 0413

sash99
post #453 of 697 Old 09-01-2010, 07:55 AM

on my 32lh3000 I went back from 3.67 to 3.65 because I noticed a "no signal" message bug when exiting USB play mode.
post #454 of 697 Old 09-01-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioachim View Post

on my 32lh3000 I went back from 3.67 to 3.65 because I noticed a "no signal" message bug when exiting USB play mode.

tell me how do you have "no signal"

i play .avi from usb on dvb-t channel, analog antena,hdmi and after exit usb channel work ok.

FW for LG LH-3/4/5000 EU series
v3.75
v3.67
v3.15
post #455 of 697 Old 09-06-2010, 09:52 AM

3.67 is good for 42LH9000?? thanks in advance
post #456 of 697 Old 09-11-2010, 02:18 PM

32LH5000 v3.67 working very good,and without problems.
post #457 of 697 Old 09-13-2010, 01:26 PM

i have a 32lh2000 when i bought was with firmware 3.63 i downgrade to 3.15 for usb hack and now i want to update how to do?
i read in the tutorial from lgusb.wikispaces i can't upgrade to 3.63(has some bugs) just upgrade to 3.55 when i donwload the firmware version i have not see my tv in the list. wich firmware to use? and what are the steps?
post #458 of 697 Old 09-14-2010, 09:05 AM

@turan: download newest firmware (http://devil-strike.square7.ch/LG_Fi..._DTV_v3.67.zip), take usb-stick, create folder on stick called LG_DTV, extract the files from the downloaded folder into the LG_DTV-folder.

put stick in tv, press "menu", highlight "option" (do not enter options), press button "fav" for 7 times and confirm, if you want to install new firmware...
post #459 of 697 Old 09-27-2010, 02:25 AM

hello ppl,

I have an LG M2294D-PZ monitor TV with firmware 3.13.1

I have 2 questions..
1) How can i enable the USB port, cause not shown at menu..? is there any remote control code to do that..or something like that..?
and
2) Is there any firmware upgrade/downgrade to enable mpeg4 channels? cause right now i can only see mpeg2 channels. At mpeg4 channels there is black screen with an " HD Service" logo..

pls help me TYVM
post #460 of 697 Old 09-27-2010, 03:17 AM

I have a 37LH30 set. What would be the latest firmware for me and where would I get it? Also is it recommended that I flash to the latest version?
post #461 of 697 Old 09-28-2010, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nir1978 View Post

Hello all

I have 37LH35FR (Im in middle east, dont know if this is european or what model).

I can play SD divx without any problem (except I cannot change the contrast etc.) I want to enable divx HD / mkv / mp4 so I can watch HD movies in my tv.

Please guide me which firmware or irda hack.

waiting for quick replies from experts.

Hi
Are You able to see MKV files on your TV set?
TNX
post #462 of 697 Old 10-03-2010, 07:33 PM

I cannot acess my LGLH5000 service menu..anyone can help me? i also got invalid file playing some games...
post #463 of 697 Old 10-10-2010, 06:09 AM - Thread Starter

Some people have 3.68 on the ld320 series builded in sep 2010, so if some 1 have the epk file or full flash backup please let me know.
post #464 of 697 Old 10-12-2010, 05:19 AM

hi i have a lh7030 with the 3.67 firm but after the update in some avi the sub File srt crases few sec later. Is it the firmware? Also is there a way after you stop a movie to start again from that part? It would be very good since the pause holds only few minutes. By the way grate job with the forum:-)
tnx.
post #465 of 697 Old 10-13-2010, 10:14 AM

I hope someone can help. Even though my LG42LH50 can upgrade it's firmware online, there are no new updates for it after it's current v3.12.07 firmware. But I hear talk about a v3.15 for european models, so I was wondering if the v3.12.07 for my LCD is equivalent to the v3.15 that they talk about. Also I can never figure out exactly what type of files this LCD can play via USB. I can't find that kind of information at the lg site. So I was wondering if I should hack the LCD to v3.15 or higher, even though my LCD is american bought and therefore NSTC?
post #466 of 697 Old 10-14-2010, 02:56 AM - Thread Starter

NO you cannot upgrade it on usa models so dont try it will brick your tv.
post #467 of 697 Old 10-14-2010, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil-Strike View Post

NO you cannot upgrade it on usa models so don't try it will brick your tv.

But do you know of a listing of precisely the type of files that the LCD can play via USB. I know of some of the files it can play but that was through trial and error. I'm also curious to see if the v3.15 is somehow equivalent or superior to the v3.12.07 that I have.
post #468 of 697 Old 10-17-2010, 02:32 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 18
I have an LG 42LH40 (USA model) and was wondering if this trick is worth it for me. I have the 4.30.01 firmware, and I read in this thread that people were having trouble with reboots and static all over the menus when watching DivX HD files on this TV. Is this because of the television or the firmware? If it's a problem with the firmware, I could just call LG and have them send a tech and then I'll just tell him nothing's really wrong with the TV and that I just wanted a firmware update. Then I'd give him a nice tip and he could leave. But, I don't want to bother if the TV is just going to have problems playing the files regardless of the firmware.

My LG Blu-ray player plays DivX HD files, but since that is connected to the internet and gets firmware updates regularly, I'm afraid LG could eventually disable the DivX HD playback or introduce DRM or whatever else, so I wanted a backup that would work as a failsafe since the TV doesn't connect to the internet or receive any updates which could disable or hinder my playback.
post #469 of 697 Old 10-17-2010, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioachim View Post

same here. when exiting usb play mode all channel have "no signal". after disconnect the usb from back panel, works fine.

i have a 42LH3000.

LE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocPanic View Post

put stick in tv, press "menu", highlight "option" (do not enter options), press button "fav" for 7 times and confirm, if you want to install new firmware...

re update using this metod. now works fine.
first time, plugin the usb and then press upgrade
post #470 of 697 Old 10-18-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeAd MiKe 187 View Post

I have an LG 42LH40 (USA model) and was wondering if this trick is worth it for me. I have the 4.30.01 firmware, and I read in this thread that people were having trouble with reboots and static all over the menus when watching DivX HD files on this TV. Is this because of the television or the firmware? If it's a problem with the firmware, I could just call LG and have them send a tech and then I'll just tell him nothing's really wrong with the TV and that I just wanted a firmware update. Then I'd give him a nice tip and he could leave. But, I don't want to bother if the TV is just going to have problems playing the files regardless of the firmware.

My LG Blu-ray player plays DivX HD files, but since that is connected to the internet and gets firmware updates regularly, I'm afraid LG could eventually disable the DivX HD playback or introduce DRM or whatever else, so I wanted a backup that would work as a failsafe since the TV doesn't connect to the internet or receive any updates which could disable or hinder my playback.

Hi DM... I have the same TV as you, I don't think the firmware is at fault. I'd guess the TV doesn't quite have enough memory to handle MPEG4, but MPEG2 works pretty well, especially transport streams (.ts).

The main thing is to be sure you don't harm your set. Don't do any tricks with loading firmware, use the IR (remote) method to enter the service menu. Then all you can waste is your time

If reprocessing movies is really not your thing then it's probably not worth it. For details on what I do to make it work see this post: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post17939517
post #471 of 697 Old 10-19-2010, 07:48 AM

Does anyone know if the rca rcr860 IR remote will let me access the service menu on the LD450 (CDN version)?
I got the remote to run the TV but can't seem to figure out what to do next?
How about accessing the menu with a Dishnet/XpressVu remote?
Any help is appreciated
post #472 of 697 Old 10-19-2010, 03:06 PM

Hi,

I was trying to upgrade my 32LH3000 to the latest firmware version 3.67 since i read that others have been successful.
After upgrading the tv rebooted but did not start up anymore - just black screen. The red light in front comes up but the tv simply does nothing.
I had unlocked the usb port weeks before (downgraded to version 3.15 and then to 3.55), where I succeeded.
I also tried to connect a null modem cable to the serial port. But it did not work either. No prompt so I was not able to recover with a zmodem upload :-((

Anybody has got an idea what could be done?

Thx, rob
post #473 of 697 Old 10-20-2010, 01:15 AM

your tv is bricked. happened to me as well, just bring it down to the store, if's it's under warranty and just argue that the tv stopped working on it's own, never say you did the usb trick because this voids your warranty
post #474 of 697 Old 10-20-2010, 06:42 AM

hi,

i called the german lg service to ask for a firmware update, but they said that there is no firmware update for my tv. (which obviously is a lie)

so, can i use the firmware 3.67 from the first post to update my LG42LH5020-ZE.BEUVLJG (Assembled in Poland) with current firmware v03.55.00?
or would it brick my tv?

thanks
post #475 of 697 Old 10-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie3 View Post

Hi DM... I have the same TV as you, I don't think the firmware is at fault. I'd guess the TV doesn't quite have enough memory to handle MPEG4, but MPEG2 works pretty well, especially transport streams (.ts).

The main thing is to be sure you don't harm your set. Don't do any tricks with loading firmware, use the IR (remote) method to enter the service menu. Then all you can waste is your time

If reprocessing movies is really not your thing then it's probably not worth it. For details on what I do to make it work see this post: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post17939517

Sounds great! Thanks. I'm fine with reprocessing movies - had to do it several times in the past when using different devices. So basically, I might have some problems with the 720p/1080p MKV files (unless they are MPEG-2), but the 480p AVI files (which are all MPEG-2) should be fine? I could live with that. MPEG-4 support would be better, but hey, this feature was never really supposed to be a part of this model so I'll be happy with whatever I can get. Now, I just have to obtain a cheap remote that will help me out. I went by my local Radio Shack but could not find one that has the programmable button needed for this trick.

By the way, that's a great Conversion Guide PDF that you created! Good job!
post #476 of 697 Old 10-23-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:

Sounds great! Thanks. I'm fine with reprocessing movies - had to do it several times in the past when using different devices. So basically, I might have some problems with the 720p/1080p MKV files (unless they are MPEG-2), but the 480p AVI files (which are all MPEG-2) should be fine? I could live with that. MPEG-4 support would be better, but hey, this feature was never really supposed to be a part of this model so I'll be happy with whatever I can get. Now, I just have to obtain a cheap remote that will help me out. I went by my local Radio Shack but could not find one that has the programmable button needed for this trick.

By the way, that's a great Conversion Guide PDF that you created! Good job!

Thanks DM.

- 720p/1080p MKV: My TV refuses to play these at all, so I need to process as in section 3 in my guide. These are the ones I concentrate on since the results are beautiful HD. My poor old laptop needs to crunch a long time to do the video encoding.

- 480p AVI files: In my experience these are almost always MPEG4. MPEG1 or MPEG2 video is almost always found in an .mpg container. The TV will try to play AVI, but has the usual MPEG4 problems: menu corruption, loss of audio sync, crashes. For more info see this old thread: http://forum.doom9.org/archive/index.php/t-37016.html. Process as in section 2 in guide.

By the way to precisely tell what movie format a file contains I use a program called MediaInfo, see mediainfo.sourceforge.net

The only files that play properly as-is on my TV are .mpg (MPEG1 or MPEG2) in 4:3 aspect ratio. Other .mpg aspect ratios like 16:9 play but aren't displayed in the right ratio, just need to convert to transport stream, or for anamorphic process as in section 1 in guide. Note that .VOB files which result from ripping a DVD are just variations on .mpg.

480p H264 MKV files play without re-encoding the video into MPEG2, but still need some conversion to put in a .ts container (section 4 in guide).

If you try this stuff I'd be interested to hear any differences in your TV's software version, especially if it means we can skip reprocessing some types of movies. I'm keeping my TV on version 4.05.00 until I'm sure a newer version improves movie playback.
Good luck,
G

P.S. Just to be clear, the above info applies to North American LH40 sets, and possibly others like LH41. A lot of the other posts in this thread relate to European models, which don't have most of these quirks.
post #477 of 697 Old 10-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Advanced Member

Wow! Sounds like this particular model has a lot of problems with this. I ordered the remote that I need, so I'll let you know how that goes sometime next week. If I decide it's worth it, I'll call LG and ask them to send a tech for a firmware upgrade to see if that sorts everything out. If not, we'll know for sure that it's a memory issue and not a firmware issue. I'm surprised that nobody with a US model has given that a try, yet.

EDIT: Whoops, I knew that AVI were MPEG-4. Silly mistake since I deal with them all the time. Sometimes I get forgetful. Anyway, I can't wait for the remote to arrive so I can play around with the video formats and see if there are other ways to make it all work. If it is not a firmware problem and it's an actual problem with less memory or something - maybe that was a side effect to us getting the nicer S-IPS panel than some of the other USA LG models got last year. Who knows?

I've got a nice program that can change just about any file type to an AVI, MP4, MPG, AVC, WMV, MOV, and so on... So I'll try some different ones and see. Have you tried any MP4, WMV (not sure if it supports that), or MOV? I know that MP4 and MOV are also MPEG-4 so I don't have my hopes up. I just want to know for sure if the issue is definitely with MPEG-4 (since that requires more decoding power than MPEG-2) or if it might be with particular containers like AVI or MKV. The issue is most likely with MPEG-4 but I will confirm just to be sure.

I will definitely test transcoding to MP4 using the H264 codec and the MPEG-4 codec. If we could play files with the H264 codec in MP4 format (since MKV didn't work, as you said), that would be ideal. The H264/AVC MP4's that I'm producing don't seem to show video on my PC so I guess they won't work on the TV (I think it's the fault of my encoding program, so I'll use another soon), but, I'll try anyway.

I'm not to optimistic about the above stuff (so if I've gotten any of that information wrong, forget about it), but, since you said that MPEG-2 MPG files work fine but the 16:9 ones that come from a DVD display in the wrong aspect ratio, let me ask you, have you tried any MPG files from your PC that were not ripped from a DVD? As in, have you encoded an AVI file to MPG and tried that? I ask because when you rip DVDs to VOB/MPG, it keeps the black bars on the top and bottom as part of the video so that MAY be the cause of the aspect ratio problem for your 16:9 MPG files. All of the files on my PC are without black bars (MPG included) so I will try playing one of those. When I've ripped my DVDs, I rip them to XviD AVI files so I crop the black bars out. I can then encode them to MPEG-2 MPG files and see if those play perfectly.

Have you tried any WMV files?

Would you (and anyone else who wants to contribute) mind looking at the photo I attached and see if the memory amount matches up with your TV? I know we have the same model, but it would still be nice to confirm that we have the exact same memory - and it would also be nice to compare to the users who have no problems using all DivX HD files on their TV. To get there, click Menu on the remote, click options, then move it over to the left so that 'Options' is selected on the menu on the left - then press the 1 key until it gives you this menu (I think it's 7 times but I'm not sure).

Apparently, if you click the 1 key 7 times while keeping the initial Options menu highlighted (before clicking it), you get the option of updating the software once you have one plugged into the USB. Useful in the event that I do get the software updated and it makes things worse and I need to revert back to 4.30.01.

Someone needs to work on getting a login to this website: http://www.lgtechassist.com/kb/ lol ;-)
LL
post #478 of 697 Old 10-24-2010, 05:41 AM

I have done this hack on my 42" many thanks

My friend has an LG 37LG5000 , is it possible to perform the hack on this tv ?

Many thanks

Scouse
post #479 of 697 Old 10-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scouse View Post

I have done this hack on my 42" many thanks

Which 42" do you have?

Not sure if it will work on your friend's TV but it's always worth a shot, right?
post #480 of 697 Old 10-25-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:

Wow! Sounds like this particular model has a lot of problems with this...

Hi... I checked that diagnostic display on my TV, memory is exactly the same. Thanks I didn't know about that one, cool how the TV picture keeps going behind the translucent background.

I think I can sum up the movie format problems on the North American LH40s fairly simply:

- MPEG4 playback has problems
- Anamorphic aspect ratios (non-square pixels) aren't handled right.

If you take any movie in any format and convert to MPEG2 transport stream (.ts) with square pixels and MP2 audio, it plays great.

And the TV being from the world of Linux & open source has no idea about proprietary formats like WMV and DTS
G
Reply LCD Flat Panel Displays

Tags
Lg 47lh90 , Lg 55lh40 55 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Lg 42 Lh40 42 Inch Lcd Hdtv , Lg 47lh40 47 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Lcd Hdtv Gloss Black , Lg 42lh50 42 Inch 1080p 120 Hz Broadband Lcd Hdtv Gloss Black , Lg 32lh30 32 Inch 1080p Lcd Hdtv Gloss Black , Lg 32lh20 32 Inch 720p Lcd Hdtv Gloss Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page