#1 ·
Index for the 2010 usa bravia models in attachment

SOON TO BE UPDATED WTH PHOTOS AND LINKS

SONY BRAVIA 2010 INDEX VER. 1.01.zip 9.6650390625k . file

Attachments

#52 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerriot /forum/post/17866899

I'm confused by a few things. The first being the HEAVY focus on edge lit LED tv's, when everyone has already seen LED backlit are a far better use if the technology. Yeah, I get it that the profit margins are probably way better on the edge lit models, but unless they found a way to avoid the uniformity problems that plagued Samsung's 2009 models, very few people will care.

Also, what is with this "monolithic design" idea? I can really see that not being popular.

Also, what is with them continuing to use Bravia Engine 2? Even in one of the LED models? Weird.

Lastly, I'd live to see pics of them all.
Oh please enjoy yourself looking at all the NEW 12 different series!

Prices on the 60" ranges from $3,299 - $4,599. Sony is definitely back in the game with the cheaper prices!
http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921644539863

#54 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misato /forum/post/17867066

The new monolithic design is nice...

Most sets are 3D ready...!

However, I only see two sets with dynamic backlit LED. I'm assuming this means with local dimming... no word on the technology used behind the scene though... white LED or red/blue/green?

It looks like only the HX900/800 series will have dimming LED's and they all will probably have white LED's. We don't know all the details yet as the their are no product pages for the rest of the high end models.

Sofar I will pass on these models as the true high end XBR could come out in the fall just like every year.

#55 ·
HX900

- 46, 52"

- LED back-lit local dimming

- 3D

- 240hz Pro

LX900

- 40, 46, 52, 60"

- 3D

- Integrated Wireless-N Wifi

- Includes two active shutter glasses

- BE3

- 240hz PRO

- LED edge-lit local dimming

NX800

- 46, 52, 60"

- LED Edge-lit

- Speaker bar stand

- WiFi

- It seems to have a dedicated HDD port.

- Prices starting from $2,800 and rising to $4,600.

EX700

- 32, 40, 46, 52, 60"

- 120hz

- LED

Other models:
CCFL

EX300: 22", 32"

EX308: 22", 32"

EX40B: 32", 40"

EX400: 40", 46"

EX500: 32", 40", 46", 55", 60"
LED

EX600: 32", 40", 46"

NX700: 40", 46"

Sonystyle @ http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921644539863 Yay!

#59 ·
This would explain why they got rid of the XBR10.

I think Sony has more experience with edge-lit tech than Samsung and even Samsung got a firmware fix that stopped flashlighting on their edge-lit sets. They're investing heavily in this tech. Seems like this is a major business strategy along with the final frontier for lcd before oled hits big in a few years.

Then again, backlight issues have been a problem with Sony lcds, so they may stick to the same, turn the backlight down nonsense they've used as a solution on their support page.

I'm looking forward to reviews on these sets. These sets coupled with uv2a panels could be excellent.

#62 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarceau /forum/post/17875669

I think Sony has more experience with edge-lit tech than Samsung and even Samsung got a firmware fix that stopped flashlighting on their edge-lit sets.

You can't "stop" flashlighting with a firmware update - just camouflage it by dimming the LEDs down fast enough when the panel should be black (between scenes for example).

Locally dimmed backlit and edge-lit panels can camouflage flashlighting, too, naturally, but the problem still persists and there'll be situations where it is readily apparent.

Quote:
Then again, backlight issues have been a problem with Sony lcds, so they may stick to the same, turn the backlight down nonsense they've used as a solution on their support page.

I'm looking forward to reviews on these sets. These sets coupled with uv2a panels could be excellent.

Absolutely. If Sony can resolve their clouding and flashlighting problem with these sets then there's not much going for the older sets.

#63 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmarceau /forum/post/17875669

I think Sony has more experience with edge-lit tech than Samsung and even Samsung got a firmware fix that stopped flashlighting on their edge-lit sets. They're investing heavily in this tech. Seems like this is a major business strategy along with the final frontier for lcd before oled hits big in a few years.

the xbr 10 featured uncompressed wireless HDMI streaming. do these new displays with buitl-in wi-fi incorporate that? Or just the ability to stream content from a home network, i.e. photos and videos from your laptops in various file formats?

#65 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy bear /forum/post/17878894

It seems the new BRAVIAs are not thin at all and I think that's why they are not expensive ( compared with the XBR9 and XBR10).

Just look at this picture.

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/img/av.../ez30.jpg.html

I actually like the fact that they aren't. After my experience with Samsungs thin line, size isn't everything.

#66 ·
From what I see here looks like here is sonys' high end line up:

XBR-40LX900

XBR-46LX900

XBR-52LX900

XBR-60LX900

XBR-40HX900

XBR-46HX900

XBR-52HX900

Sony has no 55" in there line up at all, from what I see here.

#68 ·
#72 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmurr /forum/post/17878911

I actually like the fact that they aren't. After my experience with Samsungs thin line, size isn't everything.

If these sets have CCFL or LED backlit , I would say it is ok. But they are edge lit LED sets and they should be thin .These sets are even thicker than the Samsung 2009 sets ! (Judging by the picture) And I don't think these sets would have much better PQ compared with the 2009 Samsung LED TVs.

Just another bad year for Sony.

#73 ·
"They should be thin."

They are "thin"... I only look forward for the dimenstions on front, not side.

This isn't a competition to have the thinnest panel ever - wait for OLED.

Just because it's not any thinner, it's not any better? Nice assumption and ideology there.

You think it won't be any better in PQ, well wait until it comes out to verify.

I can't wait to see UV2A in action and the Sony back-lit LED.

Judging by the picture however, the PQ looks mighty nice!

#74 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk.secret23 /forum/post/17883778

"They should be thin."

They are "thin"... I only look forward for the dimenstions on front, not side.

This isn't a competition to have the thinnest panel ever - wait for OLED.

Just because it's not any thinner, it's not any better? Nice assumption and ideology there.

You think it won't be any better in PQ, well wait until it comes out to verify.

I can't wait to see UV2A in action and the Sony back-lit LED.

Judging by the picture however, the PQ looks mighty nice!

Is there confrmation then that they use the UV2A panel?

#76 ·
I have a X4500 (=XBR8 in the US) and it is about 14cm thick , I'm happy with the thickness because it has RGB-LED backlit.

I just do not think the market would accept a 2010 edge-lit LED set (like the NX800) that is 6cm thick unless it has a "much better" PQ.

Don't forget these BRAVIAs are going to compete with the 2010 Samsung C series that are slim , 3D ready and should have better PQ than the B series.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.